PDA

View Full Version : Batman and Robin

william_brasky
2/25/2006, 04:48 AM
I happened to catch part of an old Batman and Robin episode the other day (Adam West / Burt Ward style) and thought I'd share it with you folks.

I forgot how great those shows were. The part I saw involved Batman and Robin chasing a yacht (that was merely and illusion conjured by Penguin, Joker, Riddler, and Catwoman) in the BatCopter. When they came upon the yacht, it disappeared. Batman who was on the BatRope (it actually had a BAT ROPE sign attached to it) was lowered into the ocean where a shark proceeded to attack Batman! Robin pulled the BatCopter up, and the shark had latched on to Batman. So, there's Batman on the BatRope mid-air with a shark attached to his leg. Batman yells to Robin to get him the Shark Repellent. They just so happen to have a Shark Repellent spray can in the BatCopter along with some other Repellent sprays (Manta Ray Repellent was one I recall). So, Robin gets the Shark Repellent, crawls down the rope while the BatCopter is still in mid-air. Finally, it takes like 30 seconds because Robin sucks in my opinion, Robin gets the Shark Repellent to Batman. Batman sprays the Shark. The shark falls and as the shark hits the water it explodes.

chriscappel
2/25/2006, 06:02 AM
BAM!! POW!!! SMACK!! I remember watching those forever and a year ago

Okla-homey
2/25/2006, 08:53 AM
Allegedly, Adam West was a horn-dog who got more tail than a ladies room toilet seat at the Fock.

Apparently, purple tights are an aphrodesiac.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/8258/adam4nw.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

jrsooner
2/25/2006, 09:09 AM
You forget the classic scene where he was holding a bomb, and couldn't get rid of it! He didn't want to hurt anything, including a bunch of ducks!

BUT we all know the real reason people watched batman and robin.... :)
http://www.omelete.com.br/imagens/televisao/artigos/batman/10.jpg

http://images.allposters.com/images/mmph/241812.jpg

and best of all......
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/5733/cyclet.jpg

yermom
2/25/2006, 09:16 AM
Catwoman was HAWT!

yermom
2/25/2006, 09:21 AM
there is an animated gif somewhere with the shark attack, all i could find was the video

http://www.pistolwimp.com/media/41631/

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/5185/14hv.gif (http://imageshack.us)

william_brasky
2/25/2006, 09:21 AM
yeah, Catwoman was in the one I saw the other day. I don't know which one, but MEEEEEOOWWWWWW!!!!

chriscappel
2/25/2006, 09:23 AM
that .gif is funny as hell! i have seen it

william_brasky
2/25/2006, 09:23 AM
there is an animated gof somewhere with the shark attack, all i could find was the video

http://www.pistolwimp.com/media/41631/

good find!

william_brasky
2/25/2006, 09:25 AM
http://www.monsterjones.com/BatmanShark.jpg

Frozen Sooner
2/25/2006, 11:40 AM
If anyone is as big a dork as I am, read the history of the Batman character sometime. Kind of interesting how the character has evolved over the years. He's one of the few characters that's gone through and survived all of the changes in the comics industry over the last 60-70 years and managed to continue to be popular the entire time-and he's almost entirely based on Bob Kane ripping another dude off.

yermom
2/25/2006, 11:44 AM
was he gay the whole time?

Frozen Sooner
2/25/2006, 11:45 AM
Heh. You're just trying to get dolemite riled up right now, aren't you?

And he didn't discover his inner gay bat until he decided to make Dick Grayson his ward (if you know what I mean.)

yermom
2/25/2006, 11:51 AM
nah, COX hates him, he might not be on the innerweb much for a while

there must be something awesome in those Batman comics, along with some subliminal anti-Superman messages because i hear the Batman is better than Superman thing all the time from the hardcore geeks ;)

Frozen Sooner
2/25/2006, 12:01 PM
Has a lot to do with how the Batman character is presented and how average comic guy thinks of himself.

Batman is a hyperintelligent loner who has the ultimate bad relationship with his parents. He doesn't NEED help from other people, though sometimes he manipulates people to his own ends. He acts from a sense of revenge, not from a sense of doing right. He thinks of most people as a "superstitious, cowardly lot." Batman doesn't have a girlfriend. Talk to a few comic guys-a lot of them are very intelligent, and a lot of them are loners. Batman really speaks to them.

Now take Superman. Superman is the perfect athlete. While he's smart, he prefers to let his fists do the talking. People love him. He acts from a sense of "There is a right and a wrong in the universe, and the difference is not hard to tell." He's got a girlfriend. Even his alter-ego is challenging and insulting to comic guy-he figures there's no WAY anyone would believe a dude in glasses performing a white-collar job was a superhero.

Me, I like the big blue boyscout.

Salt City Sooner
2/25/2006, 12:22 PM
What is this Batman of which you speak?

jrsooner
2/25/2006, 12:25 PM
Kind of interesting how the character has evolved over the years. He's one of the few characters that's gone through and survived all of the changes in the comics industry over the last 60-70 years and managed to continue to be popular the entire timeJust wait until next month, and all that will change again. :) It's time for 1 year later.

jrsooner
2/25/2006, 12:27 PM
And he didn't discover his inner gay bat until he decided to make Dick Grayson his ward (if you know what I mean.)Naw...he has to swing both ways....Catwoman and Wonder Woman has enticed him in the past. :)

yermom
2/25/2006, 12:28 PM
What is this Batman of which you speak?

that reminds me of the best Snickers commercial ever

william_brasky
2/25/2006, 12:35 PM
Found the shark gif.

http://x12.putfile.com/11/32715043830.gif

Frozen Sooner
2/25/2006, 12:38 PM
Just wait until next month, and all that will change again. :) It's time for 1 year later.

Yeehaw! Another EVENT! Wooot! Here's my predictions:

Batman is going to be all angsty.
Hal Jordan is going to be Green Lantern. Unless he's not. In which case, he'll be GL again soon.
Either Barry Allen or Jay Garrick will be the Flash
Power Girl is going to have huge jahoobies.

Have you looked at the Marvel event calendar? They're trying to do one big event a year then have a super-duper event every five years.

It's getting quite nutty.

chriscappel
2/25/2006, 12:42 PM
I llove this one!

http://stuff.ubersite.com/1082386421666221578/1/1.gif

william_brasky
holy **** frozen, you know some comics.

jrsooner
Either Barry Allen or Jay Garrick will be the FlashRumor has it that's it's going to be Bart not Barry or Jay. At least that's what Bedrock was told by their DC rep (who could have been lying).

Have you looked at the Marvel event calendar? They're trying to do one big event a year then have a super-duper event every five years.Marvel is on it's last leg again. They are sooo reaching to "grab" readers that they burned over the past 4 years in the JoeQ reign. It's not going to work. House of M? Non-House of M? Storm/Panther Wedding? It's like the whole Marvel crew is smoking something.

chriscappel
sorry for the red X

http://myspace-220.vo.llnwd.net/00352/02/24/352184220_m.gif

Frozen Sooner
2/25/2006, 12:49 PM
Rumor has it that's it's going to be Bart not Barry or Jay. At least that's what Bedrock was told by their DC rep (who could have been lying).

Marvel is on it's last leg again. They are sooo reaching to "grab" readers that they burned over the past 4 years in the JoeQ reign. It's not going to work. House of M? Non-House of M? Storm/Panther Wedding? It's like the whole Marvel crew is smoking something.

Marvel's doing fine, actually. Last time I looked at a top ten list, most of the top ten books were Marvel. They also have most of the top writers locked in for a while.

Their earnings won't meet forecast this year, but are poised for a HUGE bounce next year with both X3 and Spiderman 3 coming out. Marvel isn't really about comic books anymore-they're more about leveraging their trademarked characters into multimedia-which they've done a better job of than DC (not talking about the overall quality of the movies, just the actual box office receipts.)

Storm/Panther wedding is a bad idea, though. Reggie Hudlin needs to be beaten.

Biggest difference I see between the two publishers is that DC tends to be better at the "iconic" while Marvel seems to be better at the relatable. Marvel also tends to spend too much time fad-chasing: Wolverine showing up in every book, Punisher v. whoever has a wild hair books, etc. Only one character in the Marvel stable has the iconic appeal to appear in SEVERAL books at once, in my opinion, and that's Spider-man. DC has Batman and Superman-and both characters have the depth to appear in four-five books each month.

Frozen Sooner
2/25/2006, 12:50 PM
holy **** frozen, you know some comics.

I find reading comics to be both more productive and less stressful than arguing politics. :D

jrsooner
2/25/2006, 01:10 PM
Marvel's doing fine, actually. Last time I looked at a top ten list, most of the top ten books were Marvel. They also have most of the top writers locked in for a while.
Biggest difference I see between the two publishers is that DC tends to be better at the "iconic" while Marvel seems to be better at the relatable. Marvel also tends to spend too much time fad-chasing: Wolverine showing up in every book, Punisher v. whoever has a wild hair books, etc. Only one character in the Marvel stable has the iconic appeal to appear in SEVERAL books at once, in my opinion, and that's Spider-man. DC has Batman and Superman-and both characters have the depth to appear in four-five books each month.Yes, Marvel is doing okay, but they are still losing many of the kids and "older" adults. From the shops here in Houston, I've been told it's basically High Schoolers and College kids buying Marvel. Most of the older readers I know are leaving Marvel books to others.

Major Differences in the companies, in my pov:
1. Editorial Staff - I think DC has the major edge in this one. Check out Geoff's work at DC then look at the trash that Marvel had him put out for the Avengers.
2. DC is trying to grab the "bigger" audience. They aren't tunnelvisioned into a certain age group. I don't know how many emails I've received from JoeQ at the start stating that kids don't read comics anymore, so basically why put out books for kids. Hmmm...this is pretty funny because a few years later they tried to market books to kids again....guess they realized the kids were going to DC. :)
3. DC is able to make "adult" type of storylines that even kids can read. Take Hawkgirl for example.... she tried committing suicide, has a kid on the side, etc. Most kids reading the book wouldn't pick up on that. DC had Sue being raped by Dr. Light, and as an adult we could definately tell what was happening, but to a kid it looked like all that happened was she was beat up. Marvel now a days would show the whole rape scene in detail with many "curse" words lighting up the page.
4. DC's crossover events seem very well planned and thought out. Take a look at Infinite Crisis, the story is very tight and has had "manueverings" for over a few years leading up to it. Marvel's thoughts? We want to kill the Avengers...let's make Wanda go crazy, and start doing "what if?" stories for a few years until we find one that everybody likes.
5. I think DC is grabbing the better talent of the two. Their talent seems to be able to work with kids and adults alike. Where as Marvel's seem to be only able to write for one segment of the audience. BTW...did Kevin Smith ever finish his limited series for Marvel? hmmmm...no. :)

Frozen Sooner
2/25/2006, 01:22 PM
Heh. If you're talking about SM/BC, Kevin Smith *DID* finally finish it a month or so ago. What's really funny about it is that on his blog he was talking about how, through his own oversight, he never even got paid for it. ;)

I would agree that DCs crossover event seemed pretty well planned out, but it seems like there's no real direction UNTIL the crossover. Writers are left to just kind of wander around until every 20 years or so DC just says "Wow, our continuity is ****ered. Let's reset everything."

I completely disagree that DC is grabbing the better talent of the two. Marvel has Bendis, Kirkman, Brubaker (whose Captain America is one of the best things I've ever read), and Ennis. DC has Johns, Winnick, and Simone. I like all three of them, but I don't think they stack up creatively against the Marvel guys. Unfortunately, the two best writers in the field aren't exclusive to either house, so neither house will let them play with the big toys very much-Ellis and Moore. Moore will likely never write for either Marvel or DC again, and once Planetary wraps I don't think Ellis is going to write much in the way of capes.

And Marvel didn't kill the Avengers. They killed a few minor characters and one major character. Big f'n deal. Hawkeye deserved to die just for being a Green Arrow ripoff.

Edit: I guess this is a good way to look at it: I buy a lot more Marvel books than DC, because Marvel puts out more stuff worth reading. I enjoy the DC books I DO buy more than 95% of the Marvel books I buy.

jrsooner
2/25/2006, 01:59 PM
Naw...try the Daredevil/Bullseye series. :) It's amazing that I'm actually "sticking up" for DC since I've always read more Marvels than DC until the past year. It just seems that Marvel is more interested in shock, awe, vulgarity and sex than actually putting out books on the characters that all ages can read and enjoy.

If I recall correctly the biggest joke on the Daredevil book was that DD wasn't even in it. Bendis went close to a year writing a gangster book than actually a book about DD. A lot of people like Bendis, but his "graphic" style isn't the style that I like to read in books. One guy that I talked with said he was loving Daredevil, and I pointed out that DD wasn't even in the book, and that's why he liked it. He liked a good gangster story.

When I mention "killing the Avengers", I don't mean the characters per se, but the rich history/essence of the Avengers so Bendis could have a new playground. It's similar to watching the old "Avengers" with Peel and Steed, then trying to watch the "New Avengers" with Joanna Plumley.

But I understand, people read comics for different reasons and therefor like different creators. DC right now is getting my money straight across the board. I enjoyed Garth on the Enemy Ace graphic novel he put out, but hated his Unknown Soldier. When I look at the "writers" for both companies, I can't help but notice that most of the ones I really like are at DC right now.

DC has....
Kurt Busiek and Butch Guice (No slouches there)
Paul Levitz and George Pérez (who does Marvel have that can come close to Perez?)
Jimmy Palmiotti (a lot of people like him, not my fave)
Geoff Johns (Geoff can spin those stories)
Mark Waid (okay, until he's fed up wtih DC then he'll go back to Marvel for a few years before returning)
Dan Jurgens (for a short while at least)
Greg Rucka (who's 50/50)
Gale Simone
Joe Kubert (for a short while at least)
Walter Simonson and Howard Chaykin

Marvel:
Joss Whedon
Brian Bendis
Fabian Nicieza
Michael Straczynski
Garth Ennis
Ed Brubaker

jrsooner
2/25/2006, 02:19 PM
Edit: I guess this is a good way to look at it: I buy a lot more Marvel books than DC, because Marvel puts out more stuff worth reading. I enjoy the DC books I DO buy more than 95% of the Marvel books I buy.Where as I was mainly 70-30 (with Marvel being 70%) growing up and now I'm close to 95% DC and 0% Marvel.

In fact, I did research for JoeQ on the Daredevil/Spiderman Limited Series a few years back concerning the villains. I got some books and artwork from him for the work. Even had one of the top Black Widow websites until I pulled it last year.

I guess it comes down to what style of books you like, for me right now it's DC.

Octavian
2/25/2006, 02:36 PM
Found the shark gif.

http://x12.putfile.com/11/32715043830.gif

<West> I need the anti-shark repellant Bat spray! <West>

Frozen Sooner
2/25/2006, 03:05 PM
Naw...try the Daredevil/Bullseye series. :) It's amazing that I'm actually "sticking up" for DC since I've always read more Marvels than DC until the past year. It just seems that Marvel is more interested in shock, awe, vulgarity and sex than actually putting out books on the characters that all ages can read and enjoy.

If I recall correctly the biggest joke on the Daredevil book was that DD wasn't even in it. Bendis went close to a year writing a gangster book than actually a book about DD. A lot of people like Bendis, but his "graphic" style isn't the style that I like to read in books. One guy that I talked with said he was loving Daredevil, and I pointed out that DD wasn't even in the book, and that's why he liked it. He liked a good gangster story.

When I mention "killing the Avengers", I don't mean the characters per se, but the rich history/essence of the Avengers so Bendis could have a new playground. It's similar to watching the old "Avengers" with Peel and Steed, then trying to watch the "New Avengers" with Joanna Plumley.

But I understand, people read comics for different reasons and therefor like different creators. DC right now is getting my money straight across the board. I enjoyed Garth on the Enemy Ace graphic novel he put out, but hated his Unknown Soldier. When I look at the "writers" for both companies, I can't help but notice that most of the ones I really like are at DC right now.

DC has....
Paul Levitz and George P&#233;rez (who does Marvel have that can come close to Perez?)
Mark Waid (okay, until he's fed up wtih DC then he'll go back to Marvel for a few years before returning)
Greg Rucka (who's 50/50)
Gale Simone

Marvel:
Joss Whedon
Brian Bendis
Fabian Nicieza
Michael Straczynski
Garth Ennis
Ed Brubaker

Forgot Azzarello for DC, though he's much better off capes stuff.

Heresy of heresies, Chaykin doesn't do it for me at all.

Whedon I don't consider a comics writer at all. You have to put out more than one book every year to be a comics writer. ;)

Comparable to Perez on the Marvel side? I like Dell'otto, though he's derivative of a pretty much exclusive DC guy in Alex Ross. I like Finch's work a lot, and I enjoy Bagley's work for the simple fact that it's on-model and on time.

Forgot about Waid. He's a hell of a writer.

I like Rucka. His Superman is gooood.

What's really funny about this is that although Marvel is the company known for throwing out "what-if" stuff, the stuff I like the best is DC's elseworlds stuff. The Kingdom. DKR. Stuff like that.

I respect the hell out of what Kubert has done for the genre, but that new Sgt. Rock series is ***.

jrsooner
2/25/2006, 03:35 PM
I respect the hell out of what Kubert has done for the genre, but that new Sgt. Rock series is ***.I'm waiting for the TPB for this one. :) Why buy individual issues when you know it will be a trade in a few months.

Frozen Sooner
2/25/2006, 03:41 PM
Because it's DC and the trade won't come out for like a year, after they've done three variant hardcovers?

I'm too impatient for trades. Right now the only books I'm getting in trades are 100 Bullets, Small Gods, and Invincible.

jdsmith
2/26/2006, 12:03 AM
[QUOTE=Frozen Sooner]Has a lot to do with how the Batman character is presented and how average comic guy thinks of himself.

Batman is a hyperintelligent loner who has the ultimate bad relationship with his parents. He doesn't NEED help from other people, though sometimes he manipulates people to his own ends. He acts from a sense of revenge, not from a sense of doing right. He thinks of most people as a "superstitious, cowardly lot." Batman doesn't have a girlfriend. Talk to a few comic guys-a lot of them are very intelligent, and a lot of them are loners. Batman really speaks to them.
[\QUOTE]

I'm surprised I'm not a comic book geek

NickZeppelin
2/26/2006, 07:05 PM
That show was just comical. It basically made fun of the entire batman thing. But all the catwomen were hotter then hell except Ertha Kitt. Julie Newmar played here the most and was by far the hottest IMO. Lee Meriweather wasn't bad either in the movie. Newmar was by far the best of the 3 though.

GottaHavePride
2/26/2006, 07:09 PM
DC has....
Paul Levitz and George Pérez (who does Marvel have that can come close to Perez?)
Greg Rucka (who's 50/50)
Gale Simone

Marvel:
Joss Whedon
Brian Bendis
Fabian Nicieza
Michael Straczynski
Garth Ennis
Ed Brubaker

If Straczynski is the same guy that did Babylon 5, he's a hell of a good writer. I kept wishing George Lucas would have let him do the screenplays to Star Wars Episodes 1-3.

sooneron
2/26/2006, 07:20 PM
Because it's DC and the trade won't come out for like a year, after they've done three variant hardcovers?

I'm too impatient for trades. Right now the only books I'm getting in trades are 100 Bullets, Small Gods, and Invincible.
http://alloverlainc.com/jay/cardart.gif

heh

william_brasky
2/26/2006, 07:54 PM
I really didn't mean for this thread to turn into suck a Geek Fest.

NickZeppelin
2/26/2006, 08:15 PM

Anytime you start a thread on comic book characters it'll eventually turn there.

yermom
2/26/2006, 08:16 PM

if other parties were involved, that idea might not sound as bad

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2006, 08:25 PM
If Straczynski is the same guy that did Babylon 5, he's a hell of a good writer. I kept wishing George Lucas would have let him do the screenplays to Star Wars Episodes 1-3.

It is.

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2006, 08:26 PM

I forgot what a bastion of all things cool the internet was. Sorry, us geeks will wander off somewhere else. :rolleyes:

jrsooner
2/26/2006, 09:13 PM
If Straczynski is the same guy that did Babylon 5, he's a hell of a good writer.It is. He's done some good comics in the past also.

Beano's Fourth Chin
2/26/2006, 09:29 PM
Great thread. I used to subscribe to a dozen or so titles a month when my office was right next to a comic book store. Enjoyed the heck out of it.

I just love that smell of a freshly opened new comic.

Alas, the comic book shop closed down and I never got around to subscribing through the mail. When the boy gets a bit older, I'll get into them again with him.

Beano's Fourth Chin
2/26/2006, 09:31 PM
I forgot what a bastion of all things cool the internet was. Sorry, us geeks will wander off somewhere else. :rolleyes:

If the comic book geeks all left, the internet wouldn't last a week. (see earlier post about batman fans).

william_brasky
2/26/2006, 09:40 PM

WTF is a bastion you Geek? :les:

william_brasky
2/26/2006, 09:43 PM
Frozen, I hope you know I'm kidding.

Octavian
2/26/2006, 09:49 PM
in related news...X-3 comes out in May I think.

heard Juggernaut is in it

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2006, 10:11 PM
It is. He's done some good comics in the past also.

Finally got around to reading Midnight Nation a month or so ago. Really good book. Love what he's doing in Amazing Spider-man right now. Also like his take on the Squadron Supreme.

Forgot Jeph Loeb, who signed Marvel-exclusive a bit ago. He's just finishing up his Superman/Batman run and is taking over the Ultimates after Millar is done.

I know, I know. Most fanboys hate Loeb because he's not the biggest stickler for continuity out there. I like him because he realizes he writes friggin' comic books for a living and doesn't take himself too seriously.

w_b, I know you were just joking. It's all good. I always think it's ironic when people on an internet message board call people geeks. Plus, how can I hate a man who's had sex with my wife and made a video tape?

OklahomaTrombone
2/26/2006, 10:14 PM
I happened to catch part of an old Batman and Robin episode the other day (Adam West / Burt Ward style) and thought I'd share it with you folks.

I forgot how great those shows were. The part I saw involved Batman and Robin chasing a yacht (that was merely and illusion conjured by Penguin, Joker, Riddler, and Catwoman) in the BatCopter. When they came upon the yacht, it disappeared. Batman who was on the BatRope (it actually had a BAT ROPE sign attached to it) was lowered into the ocean where a shark proceeded to attack Batman! Robin pulled the BatCopter up, and the shark had latched on to Batman. So, there's Batman on the BatRope mid-air with a shark attached to his leg. Batman yells to Robin to get him the Shark Repellent. They just so happen to have a Shark Repellent spray can in the BatCopter along with some other Repellent sprays (Manta Ray Repellent was one I recall). So, Robin gets the Shark Repellent, crawls down the rope while the BatCopter is still in mid-air. Finally, it takes like 30 seconds because Robin sucks in my opinion, Robin gets the Shark Repellent to Batman. Batman sprays the Shark. The shark falls and as the shark hits the water it explodes.

That wasn't just a Batman episode....that is the Batman Movie

NickZeppelin
2/26/2006, 11:06 PM
in related news...X-3 comes out in May I think.

heard Juggernaut is in it

So is Jubalee, Archangel, Beast.

Rumor is that Cyclops(played by Oklahoman James Marsden) is killed off. But that's just rumor.

Octavian
2/26/2006, 11:14 PM
Know of any plot rumors?

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2006, 11:17 PM
I don't think Marsden is going to be in the film. There was some snarkiness involved with Singer going off to direct Superman Returns and Marsden playing a role in that movie.

NickZeppelin
2/26/2006, 11:35 PM
Cyclops is in X3. The title is X-Men: The Last Stand btw.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0376994/

Octavian
2/26/2006, 11:47 PM
thanks.

the trailor is good....I'll definetly go see it.

william_brasky
2/27/2006, 07:14 AM
That wasn't just a Batman episode....that is the Batman Movie

You Geeks don't know squat!

Trombone just made y'all look like like idiots. A true Geek would've immediately corrected me like Trombone did. 3 pages in and that's the first mention of what I saw was, in fact, the movie, not an episode.

I'm very disappointed.

Hatfield
2/27/2006, 10:34 AM
I have over 15000 comic books.

Not Kidding.

yes...i do rule.

william_brasky
2/27/2006, 10:36 AM

HOLY ****! :eek:

NickZeppelin
2/27/2006, 10:41 AM

And I thought I was a complete geek. HOLY SH!T.

Hatfield
2/27/2006, 10:50 AM
Been collecting since I was a kid....and that was many years ago.

Should the day ever come when there are little hatfields running around....they are going to have the best comic book collection EVAR.*

*and of course they won't be allowed to touch them until they can show they know how to properly handle and protect them.

yermom
2/27/2006, 11:10 AM
You Geeks don't know squat!

Trombone just made y'all look like like idiots. A true Geek would've immediately corrected me like Trombone did. 3 pages in and that's the first mention of what I saw was, in fact, the movie, not an episode.

I'm very disappointed.

i was just being nice ;)

william_brasky
2/27/2006, 11:27 AM
i was just being nice ;)

then you're probably not 100% pure geek. maybe 3/4. you're a mutt. :)

Frozen Sooner
2/27/2006, 11:33 AM
Been collecting since I was a kid....and that was many years ago.

Should the day ever come when there are little hatfields running around....they are going to have the best comic book collection EVAR.*

*and of course they won't be allowed to touch them until they can show they know how to properly handle and protect them.

I TRIED to show you how to handle comics back in the sixth grade, but nooooo, you wanted to play little league.

PrideTrombone
2/27/2006, 11:35 AM
And I thought I was a complete geek. HOLY SH!T.

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure you still are. :D

yermom
2/27/2006, 12:20 PM
then you're probably not 100% pure geek. maybe 3/4. you're a mutt. :)

it's probably the girlfriend ;)

yermom
2/27/2006, 12:21 PM
I TRIED to show you how to handle comics back in the sixth grade, but nooooo, you wanted to play little league.

ok, Brodieman