PDA

View Full Version : I need to buy some furniture.

SOONER44EVER
2/24/2006, 11:04 PM
We are going to be buying 2 complete bedroom sets for our daughters. Its been so long since we bought any furniture that I have no idea where to begin looking. For each bedroom we need a full size bed, long dresser w/mirror, chest, 2 nightstands, desk and maybe some sort of tv stand. We'd like to get full size beds since we already have 1 new full size mattress/box spring set. Wifey thinks it would be easier to get both beds in the same size so all the sheets and bedding are the same. One daughter is 5 and the other is 5 weeks old. We want something that will last hopefully until they move out and head to college. That pretty much rules out the little kid furniture. I want real wood, no masonite junk. We have a budget of about $4000. Is it even possible to get this much furniture for that price? Anyone know where to go?

SoonerDood
2/24/2006, 11:08 PM
IKEA

Al Gore
2/24/2006, 11:14 PM
My neighbors are going on a trip next week. I have their gate remote and security code.......I will make you a heck of a deal......

BajaOklahoma
2/24/2006, 11:41 PM
IKEA is a good choice. Check out the styles online. The Frisco store is packed on the weekends. BYOT (bring your own truck)
The furniture isn't of the highest quality, but it is cheap to replace. A serious consideration as my daughter has ruined the tops of her dresser, chest and nightstand over the years. *sigh* So it will have to be refinished.

Soonrboy
2/25/2006, 12:11 AM
We are going to be buying 2 complete bedroom sets for our daughters. Its been so long since we bought any furniture that I have no idea where to begin looking. For each bedroom we need a full size bed, long dresser w/mirror, chest, 2 nightstands, desk and maybe some sort of tv stand. We'd like to get full size beds since we already have 1 new full size mattress/box spring set. Wifey thinks it would be easier to get both beds in the same size so all the sheets and bedding are the same. One daughter is 5 and the other is 5 weeks old. We want something that will last hopefully until they move out and head to college. That pretty much rules out the little kid furniture. I want real wood, no masonite junk. We have a budget of about $4000. Is it even possible to get this much furniture for that price? Anyone know where to go?

yeah, there's an antique armoire in my 8 year olds room...and a nice picture of permanent marker balloon on the side of it...

olevetonahill
2/25/2006, 01:08 AM
If you cant hook up both rooms for, 2 large each ! then Im in the wrong business