PDA

View Full Version : COOL HS sports story from Loozyana; a-holes get smacked

TUSooner
2/24/2006, 09:31 PM
Jesuit High's soccer team held a 48-game unbeaten streak going to Lafayette for a quarterfinal match against Lafayette High. After Jesuit scored the first goal of the game, a Lafayette assistant coach went ballistic claiming the play was offside. He got shown the red for excessive protesting, but kept it up, refused to leave, and allegedly threatened the ref. The ref summoned the cops. Meanwhile, a Lafayette player said he felt "threatened" by the ref and thinks the ref needs to get arresticated. (Editorial comment: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

So at half time, Lafayette's finest are at the field investigatin' ... for 40 frikkin minutes. Reportedly they told Lafayette that if they wanted to charge the ref, the game would have to be stopped. (A wise move, if true, IMHO.) Lafayette played on, and got a pair of 2d-half goals, inlcuding a PK, to win. Jesuit takes the high road, says, "Too bad we lost, it was tough, spirited game. We'll look forward to next year." No protest, no complaint, no request for an investigation, no nuthin.

Meanwhile, the La. HS Athletic Assn. (LHSAA) conducts its own investigation of the shenanigans, and - LO AND BEHOLD - it discovers that Lafayette has a couple of ineligible assistant coaches, including the red-card cussin hothead! Result: Game forfeited, $1100 fines assessed against Lafayette High, and they get slapped with a one year probation in all sports. They lost an emergency appeal - unanimously.

So... Jesuit, who was not involved in any of the crapola, and who was taking the loss with grace, is alive again and in the semis, and the streak is still on. LHSAA gets it right and the baddies get SKA-rooood. Nice ending to a crappy story.

TUSooner
2/24/2006, 09:52 PM
Well.... I thought it was interesting. :O

ttt anyway :P

OklahomaTrombone
2/24/2006, 10:03 PM
awesome.

AllAboutThe'O'
2/25/2006, 12:25 AM
High school soccer, unfortunately, is going the way of soccer abroad in terms of hooliganism, but instead of the fans, it's coming from the players and coaches.
A couple of years ago, a kid at Fayetteville (Ark.) High shoved a ref after getting a red card. That same year, an assistant coach at a Fort Smith school assaulted the ref after he called a controversial penalty that led to a game-winning penalty kick for the opposing team in the state tournament.
If I never had to watch another high school soccer game, it would suit me just fine.

Penguin
2/25/2006, 01:44 AM
My high school in BR went to the playoffs one year in soccer. With less than 2 minutes to go, the opponents drove and our goalie jumped as high as he could as the winning score rolled gently underneath him.

Unfortunately, this was the highlight of our sports. My school was a "magnet" school, which meant no football, basketball, or baseball. But, our chess team won state 3 years in a row!

85Sooner
2/25/2006, 01:53 PM
Great story.

chriscappel
2/25/2006, 02:03 PM
thats crazy! Wonder if they can do something about that with the TT game :D

Howzit
2/25/2006, 02:03 PM
Karma in action.

Palermo10
2/27/2006, 04:57 AM
High school soccer, unfortunately, is going the way of soccer abroad in terms of hooliganism, but instead of the fans, it's coming from the players and coaches.

:rolleyes:

Your extensive background of international soccer should make me trust you on this. Seriously - there was an article in ESPN a while back about how American sports are no different than soccer around the world. I've been to about 8 matches in the last month and a half, including the most hate-filled rivalry in all of sports (Celtic v Rangers) and have not encountered any trouble. Yet I will not go to the black hole in Oakland wearing my Chargers jersey. I understand if you believe everything you read, but there is not much separating the US from Europe or SA when it comes to sports violence.

Racism, that's a different story.

[/rant]

SoonerBorn68
2/27/2006, 05:23 AM
Soccer. :rolleyes:

Palermo10
2/27/2006, 08:08 AM
Soccer. :rolleyes:

You are one of the more pathetic posters I've ever come across. Twice you've neg repped me - the first time because I called you out for saying you wanted everyone at the University of Washington to die (after calling them anti-american... hypocrisy lives) And this time I wasn't even talking to you.

Oh wait, this probably means more neg rep. Looks like you shouldn't get so embarrassed when I call you out. That, or your crush on me is more annoying than flattering.

Chuck Bao
2/27/2006, 08:41 AM
I wore a Cowboys hat and jersey to a game in Oakland in the mid-90s and I had a great time talking with the Raiders fans. I went alone and the Cowboys won the game.

Oakland may have that rep, but I just can't imagine Oakland fans being any worse than the LSU fans during the Sugar Bowl two years ago.

What is it with these people?

If I ever see OU fans taunting children or threatening visitors, I will step in and say something.

Sooner_Bob
2/27/2006, 08:55 AM
If a kid would've jumped offsides and then gotten kicked in the side it would've been a whole different story.

Palermo10
2/27/2006, 09:18 AM
I wore a Cowboys hat and jersey to a game in Oakland in the mid-90s and I had a great time talking with the Raiders fans. I went alone and the Cowboys won the game.

There were a bunch of Cowboy fans in San Diego this year. At least 25,000 I'd say. Maybe only one big fight in the 1st quarter, and just a lot of banter.

The reports I got from the Chargers-Raiders game this past season was that so many Raider fans were just too high to start anything. A few were throwing beer on people but the stench of weed was all over the stadium.

No wonder Randy Moss switched... But I was proud of my Charger fans there were not many Faiders in the Q this season. Quite a few fights, but 90% of those in the temporary lockdown were Oakland fans.

Fugue
2/27/2006, 09:26 AM
Karma in action.

well, if this is true, you are going to become violently ill for me having to witness that thong. <shivers>

BeetDigger
2/27/2006, 10:05 AM
Meanwhile, the La. HS Athletic Assn. (LHSAA) conducts its own investigation of the shenanigans, and - LO AND BEHOLD - it discovers that Lafayette has a couple of ineligible assistant coaches, including the red-card cussin hothead!

How can an assistant be ineligible? It seems odd to me. I mean, if the dude was ineligible for one game, wasn't he ineligible for all of the games? Shouldn't they forfieit all games from this year? The whole thing seems odd to me.

Oh, and sorry to break up the conversation regarding the Charger's and Raider's fans :rolleyes: .