PDA

View Full Version : Mein Gott! -- Tulsa restaurant review

Okla-homey
2/24/2006, 08:52 PM
Peeps,

Me and the frau ate at "Margaret's" at "The Farm" off Sheridan tonight. Gott im himmel they was some fine Deutsche vittles. Jagerschnitzel that would make you want to slap your grossmutter -- and I've eaten it in Deutschland so STFU in advance.

Do yourself a favor and take your kiester over there to eat ASAP.

that is all.

soonerscuba
2/24/2006, 08:54 PM
German food is as pleasing to the palate as German language is to the ear.

TUSooner
2/24/2006, 08:56 PM
Isn't schnitzel the Grossvater of chicken-fried steak?

Okla-homey
2/24/2006, 08:59 PM
Isn't schnitzel the Grossvater of chicken-fried steak?

Ja...'cept in this case its a breaded pork cutlet that is both succulent and yet crispy. Wunderbar!

Jimminy Crimson
2/24/2006, 09:04 PM
Jagerschnitzel that would make you want to slap your grossmutter -- and I've eaten it in Deutschland so STFU in advance.

How does it compare to Jagermeister? ;)

Next time I'm in Tulsey town I'll see if the beyonce wants some german food. I'm a fan of Old Germany in da OKC, or da Choctaw, actually.

Okla-homey
2/24/2006, 09:08 PM
How does it compare to Jagermeister? ;)

Next time I'm in Tulsey town I'll see if the beyonce wants some german food. I'm a fan of Old Germany in da OKC, or da Choctaw, actually.

Just try it, you won't be disappointed...I promise.

Jimminy Crimson
2/24/2006, 09:12 PM
Just try it, you won't be disappointed...I promise.

I'm a fan of all things schnitzel, jager, especially.

Good beer selection?

Okla-homey
2/24/2006, 09:18 PM
I'm a fan of all things schnitzel, jager, especially.

Good beer selection?

The cream of the deutsche brewer's art. I had Spaten myself.

IB4OU2
2/24/2006, 09:19 PM
Peeps,

Me and the frau ate at "Margaret's" at "The Farm" off Sheridan tonight. Gott im himmel they was some fine Deutsche vittles. Jagerschnitzel that would make you want to slap your grossmutter -- and I've eaten it in Deutschland so STFU in advance.

that is all.

Wev'e eaten there many times but it's gotta be like 15 years or so since the last time. They make great schnitzel and I love the blackforest cake

Jimminy Crimson
2/24/2006, 09:23 PM
Watching bobsled always makes me hungry for german food.

Okla-homey
2/24/2006, 09:31 PM
Wev'e eaten there many times but it's gotta be like 15 years or so since the last time. They make great schnitzel and I love the blackforest cake

and Margaret herself waited on us. That's German industriousness personified.

I swear, if it weren't for their bizarro reluctance to acknowledge personal liberties, I could happily become a tax-paying member of the Deutsches Volk..that, and their sucky reluctance to grant personal gun-ownership rights.

TUSooner
2/24/2006, 09:33 PM
Ja...'cept in this case its a breaded pork cutlet that is both succulent and yet crispy. Wunderbar!
Well, it's hard to go wrong with breaded and fried meat!! Wish I could go there.

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/24/2006, 09:35 PM
There's something about German food that makes me very queasy...

..literally. I get all faomy-mouthed when I smell it...and I'm, like, half German...

IB4OU2
2/24/2006, 09:43 PM
and Margaret herself waited on us. That's German industriousness personified.

I swear, if it weren't for their bizarro reluctance to acknowledge personal liberties, I could happily become a tax-paying member of the Deutsches Volk..that, and their sucky reluctance to grant personal gun-ownership rights.

this reminds me that I bought some Bitburger beer last week, good stuff but I'm sippin' JD tonight.

Margarets was and is one of the best German restaruants around, anywhere.

yermom
2/24/2006, 10:57 PM
you were at the Farm and you didn't have BoomerQ?

TheHumanAlphabet
2/25/2006, 08:01 AM
Is that German Brauhause on Sooner Rd. still open?

BoomerJack
2/25/2006, 09:51 AM
Peeps,

that is all.

Jawohl, gruppenfueher!!;)

Frozen Sooner
2/25/2006, 11:41 AM
German restaurants are something that we have a noticeable lack of here. Every other kind of restaurant you could want, but no German.

lexsooner
2/25/2006, 12:05 PM
Lexington, Kentucky, has Marrika's, which has been here a long time. The funny thing is, with the heaviness of the food and the scores of different beers on the menu, it is frequented more by educated university types rather than the Bubbas. I was introduced to Bitburger beer there, the "Bud" of Germany. Their beer must be great in Germany since Bitburger makes Bud taste like camel p---.

OklahomaTuba
2/25/2006, 12:31 PM
Spaten = best bier evar.

chriscappel
2/25/2006, 12:34 PM
So i take it from this thread that German food is pretty good and i should prolly try it?

OklahomaTuba
2/25/2006, 12:37 PM
Yes, you should.

Although Czech and Austrian food is MUCH better IMO.

Okla-homey
2/25/2006, 01:08 PM
So i take it from this thread that German food is pretty good and i should prolly try it?

yes, and best of all, it makes you feel all bossy-like.

lexsooner
2/25/2006, 01:34 PM
yes, and best of all, it makes you feel all bossy-like.

Und guttural in your speech and very organized and efficient.

OKC Sooner
2/25/2006, 03:16 PM
The only problem with German food is, half an hour after you eat it you feel like invading Poland

GDC
5/3/2006, 09:04 AM
ttt