PDA

View Full Version : Switzer says he supports conservative politics

usmc-sooner
2/24/2006, 07:38 PM
not that it amounts to a hill of beans. I posted this because I thought he was a hardcore Democrat. He also goes onto say he won't reveil what political party he is. I'd almost bet Democrat, but he does say he's been a member of both parties.

It's in the article about Switzer backing Osbourne, I think DMN, I forget just thought it was interesting, not that I'd base my political opinions on what the King thinks it just surprised me.

Okieflyer
2/24/2006, 07:57 PM
He is a Dem. But maybe he is a conservative one. But he really is a good friend of Osbourne's too.

mdklatt
2/24/2006, 08:01 PM
He is a Dem. But maybe he is a conservative one.

Southern Democrat = Republican that wants to raise your taxes

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/24/2006, 08:04 PM
I understand Switzer campaigned for the current gov. of OK, who is a dim. According to royalfan from nebbish, Osborne is a proponent of "nanny state" politics.

OklahomaTrombone
2/24/2006, 08:20 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

usmc-sooner
2/24/2006, 08:25 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I doubt seriously that Switzer would say something he doesn't believe for cash.

Besides that I think he's probably in the high middle class as is :D

soonerscuba
2/24/2006, 08:34 PM
dim

aggie.

Okla-homey
2/24/2006, 09:26 PM
whatever the King is for...I am too.

that Arky sunuvabeetch made my youth very happy and he gets a pass from this proud son of of the soveriegn State of Oklahoma.

just sayin'

Jimminy Crimson
2/24/2006, 09:28 PM
I understand Switzer campaigned for the current gov. of OK, who is a dim.

very dim, indeed.

a 5 watt bulb would outshine him
and his ugly wife

:D

OhU1
2/24/2006, 09:36 PM
Last election cycle Switzer stumped for every democrat on the ticket. He's hardcore dem. Doesn't mean he's a "liberal". But he campaigns for them if requested. All the Norman dems he backed went down in flames.

Who wouldn't want the King to be on their side? Just goes to show that even with the King giving you the pitch Oklahomans won't elect a liberal (Brad Henry is not a liberal).

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/25/2006, 12:51 AM
aggie.openly dim:eddie:

TheHumanAlphabet
2/25/2006, 07:52 AM
(Brad Henry is not a liberal).

May not be. but he was a stupid UOSA President and was a geeky nerd as I recall. He actually took it seriously. I think he eventually one after a long hard fight over Max Planck (he's constant) was disqualified. Max took it to three elections as the physics and engineering vote spoiled them until they BANNED write-ins...

SoonerObsession
2/25/2006, 11:51 AM
whatever the King is for...I am too.

that Arky sunuvabeetch made my youth very happy and he gets a pass from this proud son of of the soveriegn State of Oklahoma.

just sayin'

Uhhh, don't forget he supported John Blake to be the head coach at Oklahoma. Just sayin!

Okieflyer
2/25/2006, 11:54 AM
Uhhh, don't forget he supported John Blake to be the head coach at Oklahoma. Just sayin!

That sure doesn't help Switzer here.;)

Big Red Ron
2/25/2006, 11:58 AM
Switzer supported Republican Mick Cornett for Mayor of OKC and several a few other Republicans in the state legislature. He's an opportunist.

usmc-sooner
2/25/2006, 12:16 PM
Switzer supported Republican Mick Cornett for Mayor of OKC and several a few other Republicans in the state legislature. He's an opportunist.

He also supported J.C. Watts

although that was probably more of a coach helping his former player.

mdklatt
2/25/2006, 01:53 PM

Maybe he evaluates each candidate on their own merits instead of blindly picking somebody based on party affiliation.

Nah, that would just be silly.

Jerk
2/25/2006, 01:58 PM
Most okies are conservative democrats.

Last I checked demos outnumbered repubs in this state 5 to 1.

Big Red Ron
2/25/2006, 02:02 PM
Most okies are conservative democrats.

Last I checked demos outnumbered repubs in this state 5 to 1.Oklahoma County's party registration went Republican majority, as of last year for the first time since statehood.;)

Just sayin...

Jerk
2/25/2006, 02:08 PM
Oklahoma County's party registration went Republican majority, as of last year for the first time since statehood.;)

Just sayin...

Cool! Glad to be wrong on this one.

royalfan5
2/25/2006, 05:11 PM
Since Democrats don't really count in Nebraska, unless they are unusally likeable, or the Republicans let Don Stenberg run against them. Osborne is the defacto Democrat in the Nebraska Govenors race. Osborne is all about having the government meddling in folks' lives and anti-local control of schools, which doesn't fly very well in Nebraska. Both the Republican candidates are promising tax cuts, and the Dem candidate has stated that he isn't going to promise *&^% in regards to tax cuts, Not that he is relevant in race but he gets to play along.