PDA

View Full Version : Kitten-Like Reflexes, Beyonces

Viking Kitten
2/24/2006, 12:17 PM
So I'm driving north on I-35 this morning from Norman to OKC, in somewhat heavy traffic.

Big chunk o' cardbroard comes flying at me from the back of some truck. Dodged it.

Ten seconds later, a different big chunk o' something comes at me from the back of another truck. Swerved, missed it by an inch.

Another ten seconds goes by. A hubcap from some unseen vehicle is hurtling directly at my face. Cars on both sides of me. Can I get one of you physics whizzes to tell me how fast a spinning hubcap from a car going 70 miles an hour would fly backwards? Brake, swerve behind the car in my blindspot, hubcap flies off into space.

Dude. I was Neo in the Matrix dodging bullets today. All bending over backwards, arms floppin around all willy-nilly. Get to work, not a blonde curl out of place.

Harry Beanbag
2/24/2006, 12:20 PM
Good jorb. I think TopDaug could use some defensive driving lessons when you have the time. ;)

colleyvillesooner
2/24/2006, 12:21 PM
So I'm driving north on I-35 this morning from Norman to OKC, in somewhat heavy traffic.

Big chunk o' cardbroard comes flying at me from the back of some truck. Dodged it.

Ten seconds later, a different big chunk o' something comes at me from the back of another truck. Swerved, missed it by an inch.

Another ten seconds goes by. A hubcap from some unseen vehicle is hurtling directly at my face. Cars on both sides of me. Can I get one of you physics whizzes to tell me how fast a spinning hubcap from a car going 70 miles an hour would fly backwards? Brake, swerve behind the car in my blindspot, hubcap flies off into space.

Dude. I was Neo in the Matrix dodging bullets today. All bending over backwards, arms floppin around all willy-nilly. Get to work, not a blonde curl out of place.

Yeah, but you used it all up already. Now, when you get home, you'll walk into a door or something :D

JohnnyMack
2/24/2006, 12:26 PM
I think I'd find a new route to work.

1stTimeCaller
2/24/2006, 12:27 PM
Too bad you dent have these skills when you met Mr. Ed. ;)

BeetDigger
2/24/2006, 12:29 PM
All bending over backwards, arms floppin around all willy-nilly. Get to work, not a blonde curl out of place.

Czar's a lucky man.

Viking Kitten
2/24/2006, 12:37 PM
Too bad you dent have these skills when you met Mr. Ed. ;)

You can't dodge it if you can't see it. Unless you are using the Force or something. My mad Jedi skillz haven't come that far along yet.

SoonerObsession
2/24/2006, 12:42 PM
Sounds to me like you were in a worm hole that went back to May 3rd, 1999.

Sooner_Bob
2/24/2006, 12:45 PM
So that was you . . .

pb4ou
2/24/2006, 01:22 PM

You must have jedi reflexes to drive on I-35

What he said....:eek:

Czar Soonerov
2/24/2006, 01:37 PM
heh

It's stationary objects that worry me...

Oldnslo
2/24/2006, 02:24 PM
Can I get one of you physics whizzes to tell me how fast a spinning hubcap from a car going 70 miles an hour would fly backwards? Brake, swerve behind the car in my blindspot, hubcap flies off into space.

Generally, when something "flies off" of a vehicle, it continues to move in the direction it was going, but slower. So, if a vehicle was moving forward at a steady 70, one would expect that the item which just fell off of the vehicle would also be moving forward at 70 MPH. It would then slow rapidly due to the lack of on-board internal combustion/warp drive/mojo.

In other words, you were the one speeding. That's why everything happened so fast, Goldilox. (I used the Jewish spelling).

As for your Neo fixation, I'm guessing Czar has the coat and sunglasses already?

Fugue
2/24/2006, 03:22 PM
In other words, you were the one speeding. That's why everything happened so fast, Goldilox. (I used the Jewish spelling).

I'd never heard of that one.

"Goldilox and the 3 Mohels"

sooneron
2/24/2006, 03:25 PM
http://www.serj.org/wallpapers/horse.jpg

Viking Kitten
2/24/2006, 04:47 PM
Generally, when something "flies off" of a vehicle, it continues to move in the direction it was going, but slower. So, if a vehicle was moving forward at a steady 70, one would expect that the item which just fell off of the vehicle would also be moving forward at 70 MPH. It would then slow rapidly due to the lack of on-board internal combustion/warp drive/mojo.

As for your Neo fixation, I'm guessing Czar has the coat and sunglasses already?

Oh, I see. So a hubcap can't bounce, Isaac Newton? ;)

C&CDean
2/24/2006, 04:55 PM

Let me just say this. It's a damned good thing you weren't driving the POS Jeep Cherokee I turned in to National this morning. Even with your amphetamine-induced reaction times, you'da been DOA.

BTW, what were you driving? A Neo? A Matrix? What????

C&CDean
2/24/2006, 04:56 PM
Oh, I see. So a hubcap can't bounce, Isaac Newton? ;)

Uh, that would be Newtonstein.

IB4OU2
2/24/2006, 05:01 PM
Dean, don't hate us cause we drive jeeps (I'd like to get the Commander after I get my girls out of school........) :)

1stTimeCaller
2/24/2006, 05:02 PM
Dean, don't hate us cause we drive jeeps (I'd like to get the Commander after I get my girls out of school........) :)

a/s/l?

pics?

IB4OU2
2/24/2006, 05:08 PM
a/s/l?

pics?

The wife won't let me post them, let's just say they look like her.