PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget about the Friends of the Library book sale this weekend.

Hatfield
2/24/2006, 10:07 AM
at the fairgrounds. Easy way to pick up a ton of books for cheap.

proud gonzo
2/24/2006, 10:46 AM
what's this? hmm...

critical_phil
2/24/2006, 10:48 AM
in.

Hatfield
2/24/2006, 11:34 AM
Made in Oklahoma building this weekend.

Paperbacks are a quarter and hardback is either 50 cents or a buck for the most part.

Basically a thinning of the herd library style. They do it every year. It is awesome. Great way to get a ton of books on whatever subject that you may or may not read...but you have them and that is the important thing.

proud gonzo
2/24/2006, 11:56 AM
that might actually be worth the drive

TopDaugIn2000
2/24/2006, 01:47 PM
link?

for times and such

critical_phil
2/24/2006, 02:12 PM
http://www.mlsfriends.org/2006_booksale.htm

King Crimson
2/24/2006, 02:18 PM
reading books means yer a commie.

BajaOklahoma
2/24/2006, 09:53 PM
Remember that all of the workers are volunteers.
If you go Sunday morning, please be nice to all of the old ladies working there. One of them is my m-i-l. :)

And all of the profit going back into more books for the library.

critical_phil
2/25/2006, 02:06 PM
i didn't see Hat in the ann coulter section.....

this place was a mad house. if you're planning on going - take a dollie (or like one lady i saw, a radio flyer wagon). i picked up a pristine hardback copy of Gray's Anatomy for 3 bucks.

gdc, i'll let you have all these michael crichton books after i'm done with them.

TopDaugIn2000
2/25/2006, 04:42 PM
heh, I saw the Radio Flyer lady too!!!! People dragging HUGE suitcases as well. I filled two big paper sacks with books for me and videos for my mom (she teaches elem music and I found several kids music videos). Even picked up a few NEW cds for a buck.
Thanks for the head's up Hat. I will be there every year from now on. I made off like bandit!!!!

Hatfield
2/25/2006, 08:08 PM
i liked the guy with monster trash can.

got a lot of books and several super sweet records....an old dire straits, melloncamp's scarecrow, willie nelson...etc. can't beat vinyl for 50 cents.

critical_phil
6/3/2006, 07:32 PM
gdc, i'll let you have all these michael crichton books after i'm done with them.

one of the Crichton books i picked up was A Case of Need which was written in 1968 (while he was still in medical school) under the pen name Jeffery Hudson.

none of that has anything to do with my point. my point is that he uses the phrase bits and snatches (like bits and pieces) two times in the book.

bits and snatches.

heh. must be a harvard thing.

BajaOklahoma
6/3/2006, 07:48 PM
If you volunteer at the sorting site, you can pick out some of the good stuff before it even makes to the sale.
My M-I-L and Mom both volunteer there, and have for years, so we've gotten lots of kids books, sports books and other things that interested us. And , yes, they pay for them. They show up as stocking stuffers or just spur-of-the-moment gifts.