PDA

View Full Version : Switzer supports Osborn campaign

Duke o Brewery
2/23/2006, 06:35 PM
Osborne for Governor of Nebraska:

USATODAY.COM:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2006-02-22-switzer-osborne_x.htm

slickdawg
2/23/2006, 06:55 PM
What's his stance on Osbourne?

BoomerJack
2/23/2006, 09:54 PM
Good article.

Dr. Tom decides to leave the U.S. House to try to unseat an incumbent governor. He must be homesick.

Octavian
2/23/2006, 11:51 PM
very nice...

good example of how adversaries don't have to be enemies....they always had a mutual respect for one another and it showed in the rivalry and they way in which both programs' staffs/players/fans treated each other for more than two decades.

Dr. Tom always supported Switzer's admission into the College Football Hall of Fame...and Switzer called Osborne "one of the game's true gentlemen" in his book.

They're of different parties BTW.

The two old lions end their relationship the same way it began: w/ SPEK. :)

Good for them....

Coloradosker
2/24/2006, 09:14 AM
That's just cause Osborne never called you guys f***in hillbillys....out loud.

Octavian
2/24/2006, 09:45 AM
or maybe cause Switzer pwned his *** to the tune of 12-5

Harry Beanbag
2/24/2006, 09:51 AM
Good article.

Dr. Tom decides to leave the U.S. House to try to unseat an incumbent governor. He must be homesick.

He's probably thoroughly disgusted and sick of all the shenanigans in D.C. I know I would be.

jthomasou78
2/24/2006, 10:33 AM
Switzer is a great coach but is he really the kind of guy you want supporting your political campaign?

OUfan7
2/24/2006, 05:57 PM
Yes he is!!! He could talk the panties off a nun. He could get you so pumped up that you would think you could fly. He is the MAN!!!

Flagstaffsooner
2/24/2006, 08:02 PM
"I think it's the greatest preparation, being a football coach. We're taking young men for four or five years, 24-7, hundreds of them. And we're trying to develop them to be productive citizens for them and their families the rest of their lives. You think that isn't responsibility? What is the career that qualifies you to be a governor or senator or congressman? Law school? We've got enough of those guys.":hmfic:

;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/25/2006, 09:26 AM
There's more on this subject over on South Oval.

Big Red Ron
2/25/2006, 10:37 AM
That's just cause Osborne never called you guys f***in hillbillys....out loud.I always get a chuckle when some farm boy from the metropolis of Omaha has thinks "Oklahomans are Hillbillys" smack is funny. Pretty funny when you consider that we have two cities that individually have a greater population than your entire state.:texan:

Also, it's easy for the King to be magnanimous since on the football field Osborne is one of Barry's many bitches.:D :D

2/25/2006, 01:15 PM
I always get a chuckle when some farm boy from the metropolis of Omaha has thinks "Oklahomans are Hillbillys" smack is funny. Pretty funny when you consider that we have two cities that individually have a greater population than your entire state.:texan:

Also, it's easy for the King to be magnanimous since on the football field Osborne is one of Barry's many bitches.:D :D:cool: Good point. My favorite is the way he bested DKR, after Royal had overcome Bud. Switzer put the fooltball stars back into alignment. Royal really hated losing to Fairbanks and Switzer, after owning the Sooners for 12 of 13 years. Royal got tired of coaching, it seemed, after we beat him 5 years in a row, ending with '75. He coached a few more years, but Ibelieve that 5 yr. stint wore him out. I never was so relieved in 1971, when we beat the whorns at their own(wishbone) game.

crimson&cream
2/26/2006, 12:53 AM
Switzer is a great coach but is he really the kind of guy you want supporting your political campaign?
You don't understand Nebraskan's admire Switzer. Read the article in Sat's Tulsa World Sports Editorial. Good read then you'll understand, and Switzer told his opponet off pretty sharply.

walkoffsooner
2/26/2006, 03:06 AM
He's slicker than c*m on a gold tooth.

royalfan5
2/26/2006, 09:38 AM
I always get a chuckle when some farm boy from the metropolis of Omaha has thinks "Oklahomans are Hillbillys" smack is funny. Pretty funny when you consider that we have two cities that individually have a greater population than your entire state.:texan:

Also, it's easy for the King to be magnanimous since on the football field Osborne is one of Barry's many bitches.:D :D
Um, Nebraska's population is a 1.7 million. Tulsa's metro is only 900K, and OKC's is 1.3 million. Neither of those numbers is indivdually larger than the state of Nebraska's population.

Big Red Ron
2/26/2006, 10:58 AM
Um, Nebraska's population is a 1.7 million. Tulsa's metro is only 900K, and OKC's is 1.3 million. Neither of those numbers is indivdually larger than the state of Nebraska's population.Strictly speaking yes but I was referring to the OKC Metro Area and Greater Tulsa Area. Both include several towns that are now included. For example OKC has; Edmond, Yukon, Moore and Norman all within a ten to fifteen minute commute. Those town, for the most part are just suburbs to OKC and bring the number closer to 1.9 million to OKC. This is why, when sport's franchises looked at OKC's market the didn't see how it would work here.

BTW this is unique to OKC because OKC is one of the largest cities in the world (per square mile, not population).

Still you're splitting hairs. The point is the same. Our state is a lot more advanced and metropolitan than Nebraska. So, please with the Hillbilly talk, K?:rolleyes:

royalfan5
2/26/2006, 11:24 AM
Strictly speaking yes but I was referring to the OKC Metro Area and Greater Tulsa Area. Both include several towns that are now included. For example OKC has; Edmond, Yukon, Moore and Norman all within a ten to fifteen minute commute. Those town, for the most part are just suburbs to OKC and bring the number closer to 1.9 million to OKC. This is why, when sport's franchises looked at OKC's market the didn't see how it would work here.

BTW this is unique to OKC because OKC is one of the largest cities in the world (per square mile, not population).

Still you're splitting hairs. The point is the same. Our state is a lot more advanced and metropolitan than Nebraska. So, please with the Hillbilly talk, K?:rolleyes:When did I say Oklahoma wasn't metro and sophisticated? You keep ripping on Nebraska. Omaha has plenty of Cosmopolitian flavor, serious indie rock cred with Saddle Creek Records, and the second richest person in the World. I don't think Nebraska is near as hillbilly as you would like to believe.

opksooner
2/26/2006, 11:34 AM
Interesting how a thread on friendship between Barry and Tom has devolved into "my town's dick is prettier than yours".

....just sayin'

Big Red Ron
2/26/2006, 11:45 AM
Interesting how a thread on friendship between Barry and Tom has devolved into "my town's dick is prettier than yours".

....just sayin'You said dick and pretty in the same sentence...

just sayin...

btw- they're the ones that ironically enough called us hillbillys...

again, just sayin...

royalfan5
2/26/2006, 01:06 PM
You said dick and pretty in the same sentence...

just sayin...

btw- they're the ones that ironically enough called us hillbillys...

again, just sayin...
Nebraskan's aren't hillbilly, we don't have very many hills. That negates the irony of a Nebraskan calling an Oklahomans hillbillys, you would need to find another adjective that describes Nebraskan's as backwards.

JPNSKER
2/26/2006, 08:10 PM
cool link (http://journalstar.com/articles/2006/02/26/huskerextra/doc440131f622b10501021769.txt)

Great Q&A with Barry and the Lincoln paper.

opksooner
2/26/2006, 09:03 PM
You said dick and pretty in the same sentence...

just sayin.......
Yeah, I thought about that. I suppose if I had said "pretty big dick" you wouldn't have noticed, huh?

2/26/2006, 11:53 PM
Nebraskan's aren't hillbilly, we don't have very many hills. That negates the irony of a Nebraskan calling an Oklahomans hillbillys, you would need to find another adjective that describes Nebraskan's as backwards.Maybe f***in' aggies???:eddie:
Not to change the subject, but from what you said about Osborn's politics, sounds like he's needs to go back to feetball.