PDA

View Full Version : Ron Franklin Drinking Game

tru2ou
2/23/2006, 05:38 PM
Can't we come up with something for us to do when this whorn homer is calling a game? I watched the OSU-ut game the other night and it was a joke. Then he does the OU-TT game the next night ad the guy can't help but talk about texas. Here are a few ideas...

- If Ron mentions the university of texas before the 5 minute mark of the first half (in a game they arent playing in), just chug your fifth and get it over with. You'll want to be drunk during the broadcast. If it takes him til later in the game, drink the appropriate amount of your bottle based on the time left.

- If Ron talks about ut football, take 30 drinks to match the number of years between titles.

- If Ron says something bad about a call your team got while playing ut, everyone at the table drinks. (note: this will happen at least twice a game).

- If at the end of a game, Ron mentions something about its ok if ut loses this one, everyone take three drinks and celebrate the loss on behalf of Ron.

- Everytime Ron says "Now down to Holly Rowe" during a broadcast, take a drink and kiss your girlfrriend/wife and thank her for not being as fat as Holly.

I'm sure there are more that need to be added but I think we've got a good start here.

- Tru

soonervegas
2/23/2006, 06:04 PM
Whenever Ron Franklin refers to OU as:

"Texas Tech's arch rival"

Take your whiskey bottle and throw it against the TV.

He actually said that Monday.

JohnnyMack
2/23/2006, 06:12 PM
Whenever Ron Franklin refers to OU as:

"Texas Tech's arch rival"

Take your whiskey bottle and throw it against the TV.

He actually said that Monday.

I heard that. Made me laugh.

I love him calling college football. Not so much on the basketball.

OUTromBoNado
2/23/2006, 10:20 PM
Ron Franklin = idiot

That is all.

okienole3
2/23/2006, 10:49 PM
the arch rival thing was dumb. I think Franklin is as solid as they come. However, he is not nearly as good sans Sunvold.

AllAboutThe'O'
2/24/2006, 04:18 AM
How about adding a few more shots every time Ron says,

"So let's take a break."

BoomerJack
2/24/2006, 07:32 AM
As to Franklin's comment about TTech being OU's "arch rival", he should know better. I know for a fact that he was a sportscaster at the CBS affiliate in Houston in the '70's and I think he was at the NBC affiliate in Tulsa before that.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/24/2006, 09:31 AM
Maybe :eddie: was listening to a Franklin broadcast.

OSU's chief rival is the District Attorney's Office.