PDA

View Full Version : NCAA sanctions?

stoopified
2/23/2006, 12:58 PM
Since the NCAA apparently does not agree that our self imposed penalties are tough what else will they do to us?Personally I have a fear of being placed on 2 years probation and thus losing our top-notch incoming class which would be free to get their scholies voided and go elsewhere.Likewise we could lose players already on our roster who would be free to transfer.

Even if the NCAA took only an additional scholly or two that could cause us to lose players.My understanding is that we cut schollys to the point that matches our current numbers.Any further reduction and we would have to lose players and damage the near future of our program.

Someone please tell me I am being paranoid and we are not going to get hammered . Please,please?

Jimminy Crimson
2/23/2006, 01:29 PM
We won't recieve any more sanctions.

They're just calling Sampson in to slap him on the wrist in person.

:texan:

stoopified
2/23/2006, 01:35 PM
Thank you and I hope you are right.Remember just because you are paranoid,it doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get yOU.(Personal mantra)

suncoastsooner7
2/23/2006, 01:51 PM
We won't receive any more sanctions. OUr Athletic Department was notified months in advance that we were going to be brought infront of the comittee regardless of what we proposed. It isn't much more than a formality. Those penalties weren't much less that what Mizzou received when it was caught paying players.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/23/2006, 03:06 PM
I've heard about the same thing. Basically more of a formal reprimand.

Now the UN could put us sanctions....;)