PDA

View Full Version : signs for recruits

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/23/2006, 12:51 PM
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/centredaily/news/local/13858187.htm?source=rss&channel=centredaily_local

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/23/2006, 01:07 PM
Didn't people in the LNC chant for McCoy at a bball game ?

These rules are so dumb sometimes.

The Consumate Showman
2/23/2006, 01:17 PM
Well, I think it's a violation if someone FROM the UNIVERSITY knowingly does something like this. The NCAA can't come down on fans just because they chant for a kid, right JKM??? I mean, the NCAA can't really have a reasonable expectation that fans will restrain themselves for cheering for a home-town boy like McCoy at LN can they??? Some of these rules are DUMB if you ask me

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/23/2006, 01:31 PM
this goes along with the whole autograph thing that everyone was blasting me about. the NCAA could care less once the kids get to campus, but they will slam you hard for any perceived recruiting infractions. these include the actions of fans and boosters that a school is expected to control. its stupid. oh so stupid, but thems are the rules.

TopDawg
2/23/2006, 02:01 PM
We did something similar for Ryan Humphrey too.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/23/2006, 02:23 PM
We did something similar for Ryan Humphrey too.

did you put the sign under your jacket?

1stTimeCaller
2/23/2006, 02:30 PM
there is no way any school that is a part of the NCAA is 100% clean. There are too many little BS rules that prevent this from taking place.

The Consumate Showman
2/23/2006, 04:25 PM
there is no way any school that is a part of the NCAA is 100% clean. There are too many little BS rules that prevent this from taking place.

Exactly right. In a perfect world, ALL D-1A schools would have a fair shake at any recruit out there, but the nature of D-1 athletics will not allow this to be. Universities like OU, SUC, Saxet, the Criminoles, and others are all about the Benjamins baby, and if you believe anything else, you're naive. I think it is very naive for us to believe that these players are not getting paid somewhat while at school. Not saying it is as blatant as just handing out cash to players, but there are ways around these NCAA rules......this is the nature of things in our world today; sad....but true.....

1stTimeCaller
2/23/2006, 04:31 PM
I don't know about money but let's say if Hollis Price's S10 Jimmy broke down and the roads were icy and I stopped to give him a ride to campus that's OK and did happen.

Now, if he would have called a coach to pick him up that would be a violation.

That's what I meant by there are no clean programs. Little rules like that.

jk the sooner fan
2/23/2006, 04:43 PM
blasting?

oi vay...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/23/2006, 04:52 PM
eh, i just like the sound of the word blasting

Collier11
2/23/2006, 06:11 PM
N(ational)C(ommunists)A(thletic)A(ssociation)...No one really gives a f*ck about the ncaa anymore, everytime they come down on a school or athlete for something stupid which they inevitably do 10 or 20 times in a year they lose credibility. I would not be at all surprised to see the ncaa get peaced out in the not so distant future or completely restructured. While it is necessary, many of the rules and bi-laws are rediculous

BASSooner
2/23/2006, 07:16 PM
agreed