PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Gator tail boots???

sooneron
2/23/2006, 10:48 AM
Thinking about getting a pair. I need to liven up the boot selection in NJ.

Got my eye on these Tony Lamas

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5964/rstllargecaimaninalmondcz1012c.jpg

sooneron
2/23/2006, 11:36 AM
Someone needs to reply fast, before :dean: sees this and accuses me of being a sissy city boy!

1stTimeCaller
2/23/2006, 11:37 AM
Not yet. The best I have right now are full quill ostrich. One of these days I'm gonna get me some gator or caiman boots.

I would suggest a crepe sole instead of the old school leather.

sooneron
2/23/2006, 11:39 AM
Not yet. The best I have right now are full quill ostrich. One of these days I'm gonna get me some gator or caiman boots.

Yeah, these are caiman that are in the pic.
I don't know why, I still like the leather. If I was doing work or lots of two steppin, then I'd go crepe. What are the other benefits of it?

1stTimeCaller
2/23/2006, 11:43 AM
IMO they are 1000x more comfortable. All of my boots except for two pairs are leather soled. One pair have the crepe sole and another is some weird sole by Double H and thay suck balls.

http://www.doublehboots.com/images/outsoles/AG7ICE_Outsole.jpg
stay far away from these soles on HH boots.

All new boots will have the crepe sole. For me anyways.

sooneron
2/23/2006, 11:54 AM
Hmm, good to know. I do a lot of walking during my commute - .6 mi. to the train and .5 mi from train to office, if it's not raining.

TexasLidig8r
2/23/2006, 01:45 PM
I have a pair of black African hornbacks with hand tooled leather top.

This f'in' hillbilly made them.

http://www.lovelessboots.com/

Great guy.. makes great boots.

sooneron
2/23/2006, 03:11 PM

Geez, why didn't you just pony up the dough and go full croc for only $3600??:texan: :texan:

Nab'R
2/23/2006, 03:51 PM
My little brother wears and swears by Rios of Mercedes boots. The ones he has are kind of like this:

http://www.riosofmercedesboots.com/galleryboots/boot-1.jpg

Apparantly, the newest coolest thing is this type of sole and this type of toe:

http://www.riosofmercedesboots.com/boots/toestyle2-1.jpg

He wears them all the time, every day and basically abuses the crap out of them. They do really well.

sooneron
2/23/2006, 04:31 PM
Green boots? Is he a leprechaun or a domer?
Mercedes are as expensive as their price suggests.

C&CDean
2/23/2006, 07:35 PM

Loveless is a great boot store. One of the older guys damn near got himself killed a few years back at their shoe store. I'm in there one day bitching about my boots hurting my feet and he goes "let me see your feet." So, I pull of my boots and he goes "sit down." So, I set down and the dude grabbed one of my feet and started doing this psycho foot massage where he was twisting my toes, and putting about 800psi pressure on my foot. I held on for about 5-6 seconds and finally knocked him off the stool. I go "dude, I'll ****ing kill you if you do that again." My wife goes "honey, doesn't it feel good?" I go "hell no it doesn't feel good when somebody is busting your damned feet up." He goes "sir, really you shouldn't be so sensitive." I go "sir, if you twist my foot like that again you're gonna need an ambulance."

Then, he sold me a pair of $150 tenny shoes. True story.

Okla-homey
2/23/2006, 07:50 PM
Boots should be made from bovine skin like the good Lord intended. Anything else is just pretentiousness or latent homosexuality. Note: The preceding pronouncement only applies to uppers and tops. Accordingly, some latitude is permitted in sole and heel material.

TexasLidig8r
2/24/2006, 10:05 AM
Loveless is a great boot store. One of the older guys damn near got himself killed a few years back at their shoe store. I'm in there one day bitching about my boots hurting my feet and he goes "let me see your feet." So, I pull of my boots and he goes "sit down." So, I set down and the dude grabbed one of my feet and started doing this psycho foot massage where he was twisting my toes, and putting about 800psi pressure on my foot. I held on for about 5-6 seconds and finally knocked him off the stool. I go "dude, I'll ****ing kill you if you do that again." My wife goes "honey, doesn't it feel good?" I go "hell no it doesn't feel good when somebody is busting your damned feet up." He goes "sir, really you shouldn't be so sensitive." I go "sir, if you twist my foot like that again you're gonna need an ambulance."

lol....

He always comes down for the big, Dallas Safari Club expo.... brings a lot of pelts with him....

oh.. his daughter is ... smokin.....

Harry Beanbag
2/24/2006, 10:24 AM
I've never own or worn a pair of cowboy boots. Some hillbilly I am.

1stTimeCaller
2/24/2006, 11:20 AM

sooneron
2/24/2006, 03:23 PM
Boots should be made from bovine skin like the good Lord intended. Anything else is just pretentiousness or latent homosexuality. Note: The preceding pronouncement only applies to uppers and tops. Accordingly, some latitude is permitted in sole and heel material.
Gene Simmons and I call bull****!

http://static.zoovy.com/img/motorcowboy/-/S/shells_common

C&CDean
2/24/2006, 04:17 PM

I really don't think cat skin would hold up very well.

TexasLidig8r
2/24/2006, 04:34 PM
I really don't think cat skin would hold up very well.

Au contraire Pierre... It's impossible to wear out that particular cat skin.

Good year oughtta make tires out of it... would never need replacing.

C&CDean
2/24/2006, 04:57 PM
Au contraire Pierre... It's impossible to wear out that particular cat skin.

Good year oughtta make tires out of it... would never need replacing.

Yeah, except for the new 16" tires would be stretched out to 22" by the 35th year.......

Taxman71
2/24/2006, 05:03 PM

I am wanting a pair of those, but can't decide on:

1. roper or full heel; and
2. black or natural brown.

Tough calls for a pair of $400 boots.

BeetDigger
2/24/2006, 06:04 PM
My father sold his pair of Sea Turtle boots that were my size. He bought them for $200 in 1980 (or so). He never wore them and ended up selling them to a guy. They stopped making them around the time he bought them. Damn Sea Turtles were put on the endangered species list. If you ever see a pair of them, they are beautiful boots.

AlbqSooner
2/24/2006, 08:32 PM
My father sold his pair of Sea Turtle boots that were my size. He bought them for $200 in 1980 (or so). He never wore them and ended up selling them to a guy. They stopped making them around the time he bought them. Damn Sea Turtles were put on the endangered species list. If you ever see a pair of them, they are beautiful boots.
I have a pair of Sea Turtles I bought around the same time. DO NOT wear them out of the U.S. Customs people get all huffy when you try to re-enter the country wearing endangered species on your feet. I spent an extra 2 hours in the Miami airport.