PDA

View Full Version : Texas looks vulnerable...

Jay C. Upchurch
2/22/2006, 09:11 PM
Just saying...

After their loss at Stillwater on Sunday, the Longhorns haven't exactly bounced back with a vengence against a mediocre K-State team tonite.

Say Texas loses either tonight or at Texas A&M — both possibilities — that would potentially put OU back in the Big 12 regular-season title race. Granted, Kansas would still need to lose at Austin and at K-State (the Wildcats beat KU earlier this season at Fog Allen)... and of course, the Sooners would still have to go win in Austin...

Lots of ifs, but OU found itself in a similar situation last season and look what happened.

College basketball is such great fun.

King Crimson
2/22/2006, 09:42 PM
when UT lost at GIA it made the OU loss at KU hurt even more.

NUSooner
2/23/2006, 12:04 AM
OU could get 2nd place though with any Texas loss plus an OU win vs. Texas again, and maybe the Texas tailspin, plus our two regular season wins vs. them would land us in Dallas...

JohnnyMack
2/23/2006, 12:09 AM
when UT lost at GIA it made the OU loss at NU, the collapse against Mizzou and the meltdown at KU hurt even more.

fixed.

stoopified
2/23/2006, 01:40 AM
Johnny you hit it right on the head.I would point out also that I said UT was not all that and a bag of chips before we played them.This was in response to crackhead Tramel and his the Horns are unbeatable and the dace is for second BS.
I'd rather see KU win the Big 12 than UT just to make Tramel look stupid.The only thing better would be for us to win it.

AustinTXHorn
2/23/2006, 03:33 AM
I think they're still in a bit of a slump, but we've had Sweet 16 teams the last two times we went to Bramlage and came out with a loss. We were 1-5 there all time. For some reason, that place is like Cameron Indoor for us.

They have not played well at all in the last couple of games, but I'm still confident against KU on Saturday. It's going to be easily the biggest home game since Texas/OU three years ago. Hopefully they can pull out a big win against KU and use it as a springboard to get back into a groove heading into March. The last thing I want to see down the stretch is an inconsistent ballclub that is playing a lazy zone and has lost it's shooting touch.

GDC
2/23/2006, 08:56 AM
^obligatory whorn response

BoomerJack
2/23/2006, 09:31 AM
To ATH: Accouding to that great American philosopher, Satchel Paige: Don't look back; something might be gaining on you.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/23/2006, 09:36 AM
when UT lost at GIA it made the OU loss at KU hurt even more.

I know the conference standings are affected more by the KU loss but living in Missouri and losing to MU at home pretty well is the low point this year for me.

Bummer we can't win the regular season title but we can certainly win the conf tourney as a 3-seed.

chriscappel
2/23/2006, 09:45 AM
I think we can beat em in Austin! They are about as inconsitent as my work schedule! Going un defeted against all the Texass teams would be a great year for me!

JohnnyMack
2/23/2006, 11:13 AM
Bramlege is a weird place to play. I hate that place. I think it's haunted. That being said, I think we have had every opportunity for that game not to have mattered to us. Outside of our loss at CU, we should have won every other conference game. Then we could have gone down to Austin with a chance to take the title.

stoopified
2/23/2006, 12:09 PM
Bramlege is a weird place to play. I hate that place. I think it's haunted. That being said, I think we have had every opportunity for that game not to have mattered to us. Outside of our loss at CU, we should have won every other conference game. Then we could have gone down to Austin with a chance to take the title.
True dat.

Vegas Sooner
2/23/2006, 12:11 PM
...possible, but I think KU will be in the best position--I think A&M will get UT, and we are going to fall just short. I hope we get some good momentum to win in Austin,....which could set us up for a run in big 12 tourney.