PDA

View Full Version : CFN Spring Preview Continued (Spring Looks)

Desert Sapper
2/22/2006, 08:55 PM
http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2006/Spring_Preview/Springlooks_Big12.htm

Oklahoma Spring practice starts March 20, Spring Game April 8
The big spring question is ... Is Rhett Bomar ready to blossom into a national title caliber quarterback? The quarterback situation was a jumbled mess last spring that settled nothing and, in hindsight, might have set the team's development back. There's no debate this year, and Bomar has to make the team his. He wasn't as bad as many made him out to be handling himself well considering the brutal schedule the Sooners faced. However, he was one of the nation's top recruits a few years ago and has to play like it if OU is going to live up to its potential.
The most important position to watch is ... Offensive lineman. Four starters from the Holiday Bowl are gone hurt most by the departure of tackle Davin Joseph. Every practice is vital to the line's cohesion with this spring a big one to form the unit that'll get the honor of blocking for Adrian Peterson. However, finding a starting five isn't the only issue; establishing the depth will also be a major priority.
Spring attitude... Maintain the Holiday Bowl attitude. The Sooners came into San Diego with more of a chip on their shoulder than the disrespected Ducks. Now it'll be important to play with the same fire and cockiness knowing that a shot at the national title is possible if everything falls into place. Starting strong will be important with a trip to Oregon coming in mid-September, the showdown with Texas on October 7th, and a stretch of four road games in the final five to close things out.

I hope we get all the questions answered before Red-White.

BASSooner
2/22/2006, 09:03 PM
If we do, especially get the OL situation solved, The big 12 is gonna !@# their pants.

AzianSooner
2/23/2006, 08:34 AM
If we do, especially get the OL situation solved, The big 12 is gonna !@# their pants.

Oh Yeah!

Fugue
2/23/2006, 09:36 AM

I may too, just for the heck of it. Out of Joy.

stoopified
2/23/2006, 12:37 PM
I may too, just for the heck of it. Out of Joy.Count me in.

soonerboy_odanorth
2/23/2006, 01:54 PM
I just can't be too optimistic about our chances to play in the NC game with the offensive line that needs to be rebuilt again, and a defensive secondary that seems pretty talented on the surface, but doesn't have any depth that I can discern. Seems to me there are one or two losses out there somewhere.

However, I do feel that there was sufficient advancement last year that if the fellas can get AD to 1800+ yds by the end of the year things could once again look quite Rosey... if ya catch my drift. (Re-match with SC, anyone?)