PDA

View Full Version : I'm up here cleaning out my office

1stTimeCaller
2/22/2006, 08:38 PM
While everyone else is gone. I'm giving them the ole two weeks notice tomorrow afternoon and hopefully they will tell me to not worry about it and to just pack my stuff and go home. The funny thing will be that my stuff is already packed up and gone!!!

Leaving companies is never fun for me but I managed to get a large raise with a better company by leaving. Surprisingly there are two guys I know from Chickasha that work there. One is an assistant superintendent and the other is a project manager.

They should have paid me the $43.65 for mileage to drive to the Kenworth Dallas job and I wouldn't have gone looking for a new yob, morans.

Okla-homey
2/22/2006, 08:40 PM
While everyone else is gone. I'm giving them the ole two weeks notice tomorrow afternoon and hopefully they will tell me to not worry about it and to just pack my stuff and go home. The funny thing will be that my stuff is already packed up and gone!!!

Leaving companies is never fun for me but I managed to get a large raise with a better company by leaving. Surprisingly there are two guys I know from Chickasha that work there. One is an assistant superintendent and the other is a project manager.

They should have paid me the $43.65 for mileage to drive to the Kenworth Dallas job and I wouldn't have gone looking for a new yob, morans.

Good luck...and don't forget to poop in your lap drawer.;)

OklahomaTrombone
2/22/2006, 08:42 PM
So I guess asking the copy chick out has gone out the window?

1stTimeCaller
2/22/2006, 08:45 PM
If I stay for the full 2 weeks it's on like Donkey Kong.

I'm thinking about leaving an upper-decker in the main restroom!!! Just kidding, these folks were good enough to me and karma's a yainch.

OUHOMER
2/22/2006, 08:52 PM
You know i have been with my company for 19 years, I wonder if i need to find something new. i am bored as hell

okienole3
2/22/2006, 09:17 PM
Yeah, but does the new place have a hot copy girl?

C&CDean
2/22/2006, 09:20 PM
This June will be 31 years with the same outfit. I learned long ago to never burn your bridges......well at least the ones the paymaster has to ride in over.

And just a friendly FYI - do NOT put me down as a reference. When I tell your new boss you quit jobs all the time and **** on the rug just before you say sayonara I doubt you'll get many feelers.

oumartin
2/22/2006, 09:22 PM
funny how they can fire you w/o two weeks notice but if you quit they want two weeks so you can train the new employee.

OUinFLA
2/22/2006, 09:23 PM
You know i have been with my company for 19 years, I wonder if i need to find something new. i am bored as hell

I know the feeling!
Ive been with the same company for 26 years!
There are days I just cant get excited about going to work.
I'd turn in my resignation, but I own the company and Im a bit worried about how stable it will be if I leave.
Oh, and my partner (my wife) woulld kick my a5s.

C&CDean
2/22/2006, 09:24 PM
funny how they can fire you w/o two weeks notice but if you quit they want two weeks so you can train the new employee.

Really? Only if you're a major **** off.

OUinFLA
2/22/2006, 09:24 PM
I knew you missed your chance when you didnt ask the copy girl out today.
The HR person will surely badmouth you now.

oumartin
2/22/2006, 09:25 PM
I left a job with only 3 days notice and 8 months later they offered me a raise to come back and again the following year wanted me to come back. Although the raise was not in it. I didn't go.

C&CDean
2/22/2006, 09:28 PM
I left a job with only 3 days notice and 8 months later they offered me a raise to come back and again the following year wanted me to come back. Although the raise was not in it. I didn't go.

Oh. So you like food stamps?

OklahomaTrombone
2/22/2006, 09:29 PM
I've only given one job less than a months notice....that was Best Buy.

They ****ed me off enough that they didn't deserve two weeks.

1stTimeCaller
2/22/2006, 09:31 PM
I saw these people fire a project manager two days before bonuses came out in late January. I see now why there are about 8 people that have been here less than 6 months. Turn over here is pretty high considering there are only about 40 salaried employees.

At the minimum I owe them a two week notice although I hope they tell me not to worry about it. I'll bet a dollar to a donut that they don't pay me for the three days of vacation that I have accrued.

jk the sooner fan
2/22/2006, 10:10 PM
good luck on the new job! i cant wait to give notice where i'm at now.....

1stTimeCaller
2/22/2006, 10:14 PM
what's their phone number? :D

Ross33
I'll bet a dollar to a donut that they don't pay me for the three days of vacation that I have accrued.

They'd better. It's the law. In Oklahoma anyway.

1stTimeCaller
I'm in Tejas.

C&CDean
2/22/2006, 10:18 PM
3 days of sick leave. pfffft.

As of last Friday, I have just over one year of sick leave. Of course that's because I'm responsible, a good employee, don't ****-off, and am an all-around good guy.

Sooner24
2/22/2006, 10:26 PM
March 29th I will be at the same company 30 years.

JohnnyMack
2/22/2006, 10:32 PM
7 Years with my company.

And :dean: is way too sweet on 1tc not to give him a good reference, he's just acting tough for the crowd.

C&CDean
2/22/2006, 10:34 PM
7 Years with my company.

And :dean: is way too sweet on 1tc not to give him a good reference, he's just acting tough for the crowd.

I'll give him a reference alright. "So, should we hire 1TC?" "Sure, if you don't mind some drunken mistake ****ing in the flower pots."

jk the sooner fan
2/22/2006, 10:36 PM
hey dean, you're an HR type....got any openings? :)

OUinFLA
2/22/2006, 10:38 PM

As of last Friday, I have just over one year of sick leave. Of course that's because I'm responsible, a good employee, don't ****-off, and am an all-around good guy.

I'll be glad when the REAL Dean, that we all know and love comes back to the forum.

KC//CRIMSON
2/23/2006, 12:55 AM
This June will be 31 years with the same outfit. I learned long ago to never burn your bridges......well at least the ones the paymaster has to ride in over.

And just a friendly FYI - do NOT put me down as a reference. When I tell your new boss you quit jobs all the time and **** on the rug just before you say sayonara I doubt you'll get many feelers.

31 Years! What did they do, yank you out of middle school?;)

soonerboomer93
2/23/2006, 01:06 AM
The only job I havne't given notice to is CompUSA. Walked out on those bastards

SoonerBorn68
2/23/2006, 01:15 AM

I quit the dealership without giving notice (knowing I'd just get let go & my new didn't start for two weeks) and the boss called me & told me it was a crappy thing to do. I told him he woulda just fired me anyway & he denied it.

I talked to a lady I had worked with there (the office manager) & she said she had put in her two weeks notice & they fired her on the spot.

SoonerBorn68
2/23/2006, 01:18 AM
I'm happy with the folks I work for now. I got a very healthy raise & didn't even know it until I got my paycheck...which was retro'd back two pay periods. :)

KC//CRIMSON
2/23/2006, 01:20 AM
You want my two week notice?

Notice me walking out the door.:D

85Sooner
2/23/2006, 02:58 AM
I don't get sick leave. So I'm taken a month off just to get away.:)

Mjcpr
2/23/2006, 08:34 AM
hey dean, you're an HR type....got any openings? :)

WHAT?? That old sweet-talker?

:eek:

Sooner_Bob
2/23/2006, 08:39 AM
I've worked for uncle sam for almost 11 years . . . but at 4 different duty stations.

Over halfway to being retirement eligible . . . :D

1stTimeCaller
2/23/2006, 09:01 AM

Now now Dean. Vacation is different than sick leave. I haven't worked for an employer yet that had any type of sick leave other than "if you're too sick to come in, stay home but don't abuse it". Vacation is part of my salary, you knucklehead.

2/23/2006, 09:26 AM
Be sure to give us details of how they took the news. If I was an employer, I'd tell the person leaving that I appreciated their notice, but they could go ahead and leave. It isn't like much would be getting done in those two weeks anyway.

OUinFLA
2/23/2006, 11:02 AM
As an employer, I always appreciate notice.

Those that dont give me notice, I wont rehire.
And I get that evil boss man pleasure when they come back and want a job again. I say..............Nope.

It's happened about 20 times.

1stTimeCaller
2/23/2006, 11:19 AM
Any SOisms you think that I should throw into my little letter of resignation?

olevetonahill
2/23/2006, 11:21 AM

And I get that evil boss man pleasure when they come back and want a job again. I say..............Nope.

Your a hard man bill a hard man I say :eek:

IB4OU2
2/23/2006, 11:24 AM

Same here.........people can find new jobs but they don't want to burn bridges. You depend on your previous employer for a good reference at least and leaving jobs without giving proper notice is a huge factor when I decide whether I'm going to hire someone or not. I see this in a lot of the young folks these days. Give them notice unless the situation is absolutely unbearable.......Just some advice from an old guy/manager.

Harry Beanbag
2/23/2006, 11:28 AM

GADOCADWI would be appropriate I think.

swardboy
2/23/2006, 12:04 PM
I know the feeling!
Ive been with the same company for 26 years!
There are days I just cant get excited about going to work.
I'd turn in my resignation, but I own the company and Im a bit worried about how stable it will be if I leave.
Oh, and my partner (my wife) woulld kick my a5s.

Sell it!!!!

I'm a business broker by the way:D

RacerX
2/23/2006, 12:53 PM
I appreciate the opportunities you've given me here, however I can't pass up this totally ninja sweet offer.

pb4ou
2/24/2006, 01:07 AM

Not counting the hott copy girl...this job is the succ :cool:

Sooner_Bob
2/24/2006, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by 1stTimeCaller

The juicy booty at my new job is just too hard to resist.

1stTimeCaller
2/24/2006, 10:23 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Damnit, they want me to stay for the whole focking 2 weeks.:mad:

TexasLidig8r
2/24/2006, 10:24 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Damnit, they want me to stay for the whole focking 2 weeks.:mad:

And.. in that two weeks.. if you don't bag Deb the Hawt Copy Chick...

There's not a man in your family !

OUinFLA
2/24/2006, 10:25 AM
:D

Hey, maybe you'll get to nail the copy girl afterall!!

I mean, anybody can be successful given two weeks.........................
well, almost anybody, unless you're married.