PDA

View Full Version : A Bode commercial...

TUSooner
2/22/2006, 05:27 PM
that's actually good. It's the one where he says it's a big mistake to discourage kids from playing sports, or push them out, if they can't start "winning stuff" by the time they are 9 or 10. A surprisingly mature view.

NormanPride
2/22/2006, 05:29 PM
Yeah, I mean if we pushed them out after they stopped winning, where would HE be? :D

IronSooner
2/22/2006, 07:06 PM
If that's the smartest thing he's said I'm glad I haven't been paying attention.

Okla-homey
2/22/2006, 07:19 PM
that's actually good. It's the one where he says it's a big mistake to discourage kids from playing sports, or push them out, if they can't start "winning stuff" by the time they are 9 or 10. A surprisingly mature view.

This coming from a boy who's parents didn't require him to go to school either.:rolleyes:

New Age, pseudo-communist balderdash.

How can we possibly hope to retain our position as a superpower if everybody gets a "thanks for playing" trophy? We need winners and losers. We encourage winners and we discourage losers by encouraging them to quit and play Xbox. Its the 'merican way I tell ya!

It also helps ensure we continue to be a nation of lardbutts because that's good for pharmaceutical companies and chiropractors.

winky-winky-smiley-smiley-LOL-etc.

GottaHavePride
2/23/2006, 01:11 AM
Actually, I liked the one where he was talking about how he thinks a truly inspired, personal-best type run down the hill is more valuable than the medal itself anyway.

Too bad he didn't even seem to have one of those.

sooneron
2/23/2006, 07:08 AM
Actually, I liked the one where he was talking about how he thinks a truly inspired, personal-best type run down the hill is more valuable than the medal itself anyway.

Too bad he didn't even seem to have one of those.
His last run in the downhill was perfect, to be honest and a lot cleaner than the giant dude that one. I don't know why he was slower, it was weird.

sooneron
2/23/2006, 07:11 AM
Uh, unless, he's saying this at a press conference, or in an interview, HE didn't say it. They stuck him in front of the camera with a script in his hand. I can vouche for the countless meetings,e-mails and revisions, etc that went into that copy.

Taxman71
2/23/2006, 07:51 AM
This coming from a boy who's parents didn't require him to go to school either.:rolleyes:

New Age, pseudo-communist balderdash.

How can we possibly hope to retain our position as a superpower if everybody gets a "thanks for playing" trophy? We need winners and losers. We encourage winners and we discourage losers by encouraging them to quit and play Xbox. Its the 'merican way I tell ya!

It also helps ensure we continue to be a nation of lardbutts because that's good for pharmaceutical companies and chiropractors.

winky-winky-smiley-smiley-LOL-etc.

I didn't know they made 9th place ribbons Focker. We do not celebrate 9th place ribbons in this family.
Sincerely,
Jack Burns