PDA

View Full Version : New Rule

Boffingham
2/22/2006, 01:19 AM
You CAN change your post after it has been replied too. Greetings from the Middle East. I thought this thread would last as long as the Sooner "Fans" thread....

Jimminy Crimson
2/22/2006, 01:26 AM
We shouldn't hate communists either, b/c it happened before we were born? ;)

Collier11
2/22/2006, 01:55 AM
Or the holocaust...WOW!!! This thread was pointless...

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/22/2006, 02:00 AM
I don't hate any team really...Just an extreme dislike

Octavian
2/22/2006, 02:23 AM
<soonerron> this just in, you ain't the boss of me! <soonerron>

Octavian
2/22/2006, 02:32 AM
New Rule: If you play a sport where most of the speed comes from gravity, you're not an athlete, you're a weight.-BM. 2-17-06

Octavian
2/22/2006, 02:34 AM
New Rule: Let Vikings be Vikings. Yes, there's outrage that some Minnesota Vikings may have gone on a party cruise and then...partied. Excuse me, but what's the point of getting your ribs crushed every week if you can't occasionally get blown on a boat? Besides, these are the Minnesota Vikings. They can't always be the ones doing the sucking. -BM. 10/21/05

Octavian
2/22/2006, 02:47 AM
New Rule: This year, instead of running a new Kentucky Derby, Kentucky must just show an old one. No one will know the difference. They've been showing the same NASCAR race since 1994, and no one seems to mind. -BM. 5/6/05.

Octavian
2/22/2006, 02:48 AM
New Rule: The next reality show must be called "America's Stupidest State." We'll start at 50, and each week, if your state does something really stupid with, say, evolution or images of the Virgin Mary, you'll move on to the next round. Now, of course, the final five will always end up being Alabama, Utah, Kansas, Texas and Florida. Sorry, Tennessee. -BM. 5/13/05.

Octavian
2/22/2006, 02:52 AM
allright I'm done :O

but...for more:

http://www.hbo.com/billmaher/new_rules/20060217.html

yermom
2/22/2006, 02:52 AM
Miami introduced me to college football... i learned to hate them in 1987(1988) and haven't looked back

i didn't learn to hate Texass til later

Octavian
2/22/2006, 02:53 AM
Maher ;)

Doged
2/22/2006, 05:51 AM
See there's advantages to being an old fart like me. I can hate anyone I want and not break this new sacred rule. Think I'll hate people living in North Carolina today, then back to hating the 'Canes and Domers tomorrow. ;)

SoonerBorn68
2/22/2006, 06:41 AM
I wasn't around in '57 but the hate for ND was passed down from my grandfather & I'll always respect his wishes. :D

Apparently you're much younger than me, so I'll excuse myself from being included in your "most of us" statement.

Okieflyer
2/22/2006, 07:44 AM
But can we hate ND because they are hypocrites and arrogant? I wasn't alive for the end of the streak. But I still hate them.

I was there at all three Miami losses so I can still hate them.

RADsooner
2/22/2006, 07:45 AM
I had golden crisp for breakfast this morning.

Instant
2/22/2006, 08:15 AM
But can we hate ND because they are hypocrites and arrogant? I wasn't alive for the end of the streak. But I still hate them.

I was there at all three Miami losses so I can still hate them.

hypocrites and Arrogant? Have you read our board?

Just about every thread claims we are better then anyone and now Ricky Williams get busted and someone pops off and says its a "Disease" laughing at him but it wasn't funny when Dusty had his "Disease" and was allowed to come back to OU.

TUSooner
2/22/2006, 08:27 AM
I love it when people tell me how I gotta feel. :rolleyes:

Okieflyer
2/22/2006, 08:27 AM
hypocrites and Arrogant? Have you read our board?

Just about every thread claims we are better then anyone and now Ricky Williams get busted and someone pops off and says its a "Disease" laughing at him but it wasn't funny when Dusty had his "Disease" and was allowed to come back to OU.

Oh, sorry I must of missed President Boren claiming all these big time football factories are just greedy, as OU gets special TV packages and BCS concideration.

And maybe I wrong but has Dusty fallin' off the wagon again. I missed it. Someone help me here.

GDC
2/22/2006, 08:58 AM
Well, Notre Dame made my father cry as a young Sooner fan, so I reserve the right to hate them. Also for the 1999 game.

Harry Beanbag
2/22/2006, 09:19 AM
What's the fascination with Notre Dame this week? Anyway, I've disliked ND for as long as I can remember. Some of it was because I was born a Sooner and felt like I had to. Some of it was based on jealousy since they are one of maybe a couple of schools that can truly say they have better history and tradition than OU. And some of it was because of all the hypocrisy and arrogance that has been mentioned by everyone else.

That being said, my dislike for them has mostly turned to apathy over the last few years, mostly because they have sucked I suppose. I believe Charlie Weis will make it difficult to hate them again unless they start kicking our *** in bowl games or something. The deal with him and the dying kid really got to me, and I respect and appreciate him a lot since then.

My first memory of truly hating Texas was the blind referee game in '84. Check.

I vividly remember the Miami beatings in the '80s. Check.

I don't understand any hatred of LSU, they beat us fair and square. Plus they hate USC as much or more than we do. The enemy of our enemy is our friend.

I don't hate OSU, I pity them.

crimson&cream
2/22/2006, 09:46 AM
Nobody should ever "hate" a team for something they did to your team before you WERE EVEN ALIVE.

"I hate ND because they ended our streak" -Boo Hoo...were you there? Then shut up.

"I hate Miami because of the '80s." -I was alive, but I didn't even know where Miami was. I didn't even know where Oklahoma was.

The only teams most of us on this board can "hate" are

Texas, USC, LSU, OSU

and any other Big 12 team.
As for ND I was there kinda as I watched that game on TV. so yes I was there in a sense. Smartass, an eveything since..Miami......etc.

NormanPride
2/22/2006, 11:18 AM
Scooter? Is that you?

SoonerStormchaser
2/22/2006, 11:58 AM
I hate Satan...but I've never met him!

jdsooner
2/22/2006, 12:04 PM
Nobody should ever "hate" a team for something they did to your team before you WERE EVEN ALIVE.

"I hate ND because they ended our streak" -Boo Hoo...were you there? Then shut up.

Bite me, Boffingham.

Seamus
2/22/2006, 12:11 PM
I'm peeling my right-hand Chiquita to reveal my middle banana. This thread skinnydips in the Sea of Ghey.

I'll hate who I damn well please. And Scrotre Damn is on the list. For, among other things, ending The Streak. And I wasn't even born then.

So http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/bsgtongue.gif

P.S.:

Boffingham

NickZeppelin
2/22/2006, 12:17 PM
You should hate whoever you want. The only teams I really hate or Texas and Notre Damned. I'll never root for either of those 2.

tbl
2/22/2006, 01:03 PM
Miami introduced me to college football... i learned to hate them in 1987(1988) and haven't looked back

i didn't learn to hate Texass til later

Ditto... but now my hate for Miami is nowhere close to saxeT.

Pride Baritone
2/22/2006, 01:05 PM
I'll hate whoever I want to hate thank you very much.

tbl
2/22/2006, 01:06 PM

Whatever, whorn. Don't throw an "our" or "we" out there and think you can hide your true colors. :texan:

BTW, I called BS on Dusty's "disease" the same way I call it with anybody that claims alcoholism is a disease. I was glad we had him for an extra year, but I thought he was an idiot for doing what he did.

TopDawg
2/22/2006, 01:12 PM
New Rule: Boffingham's rules are dumb.

Boffingham
2/23/2006, 03:07 AM
New Rule: Don't kill bugs. We kill bugs cause we hate them. If we went around killing everything we hated, then where would we be? Cause eventually someone will hate you and kill you.

Boffingham
2/23/2006, 03:09 AM
I just don't see the logic behind hating a team because of something 60 years ago that 69% of this board probably doesn't even know anything about...except for the obvious.

SoonerStormchaser
2/23/2006, 08:28 AM
Wow...no one's dropped the red hammer on him yet...

Jason White's Third Knee
2/23/2006, 08:43 AM

"I hate Miami because of the '80s." -I was alive, but I didn't even know where Miami was. I didn't even know where Oklahoma was.

The only teams most of us on this board can "hate" are

Texas, USC, LSU, OSU

and any other Big 12 team.

Teams that I hate:
Are from Florida.
Wear Orange.
Have gold on their helmets.

That just makes it simple, although it includes a few unecessary casualties like Purdue, for instance. However this covers the bases.

Now, you can either respect that or I can imagine you wearing a gold hat.

GDC
2/23/2006, 08:46 AM
Notre Dame is hated in football for many of the same reasons Duke is hated in basketball, they are full of themselves and full of ****.

Same applies to Texass and its fans.

Dio
2/23/2006, 10:15 AM
I suppose you want us to all sit quietly at the games, too? :rolleyes:

slickdawg
2/23/2006, 10:20 AM
New Rule: Don't kill bugs. We kill bugs cause we hate them. If we went around killing everything we hated, then where would we be? Cause eventually someone will hate you and kill you.

Have you been talking to Muslim extremists?

Dio
2/23/2006, 10:26 AM
I don't understand any hatred of LSU...

:les:

olevetonahill
2/23/2006, 10:44 AM
Wow...no one's dropped the red hammer on him yet...
Naw its "be kind to dumb animals week "

goingoneight
2/23/2006, 10:58 AM
New rule: Read this, do not post again...

Harry Beanbag
2/23/2006, 11:22 AM
:les:

See, I don't hate Les. He's too entertaining to hate.

Boffingham
2/23/2006, 01:48 PM
Have you been talking to Muslim extremists?

no, but i did kill two the other night with my 20 mm.

GDC
2/23/2006, 01:49 PM
no, but i did kill two the other night with my 20 mm.

classic

Boffingham
2/23/2006, 01:52 PM
i thoguht by changing my original post, it would change all the quotes...didn't work as i had planned

Boffingham
2/23/2006, 01:53 PM
classic

yeah, but they talk about the good stuff we do on CNN

TopDawg
2/23/2006, 02:02 PM
I just don't see the logic behind hating a team because of something 60 years ago that 69% of this board probably doesn't even know anything about...except for the obvious.

Generally logic has nothing to do with hate.

Boffingham
2/25/2006, 02:48 AM
Generally logic has nothing to do with hate.

I guess my profession precludes me from distinguishing between the two