PDA

View Full Version : Univ. of Washington Student Senate.

BoomerJack
2/22/2006, 12:36 AM
considering memorial TO ALL FIVE CMH RECIPIENTS.

Hope this link works.

http://www.thedaily.washington.edu/index.php?storyID=15484

Sooner_Havok
2/22/2006, 12:42 AM
Great, so now we geat a memorial for 5 rich fat white guys, great....:D

COVER OUR A$$ES
CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP

SoonerBorn68
2/22/2006, 12:45 AM
pffft. They must be future career politians...weather vanes.

BoomerJack
2/22/2006, 01:13 AM
pffft. They must be future career politians...weather vanes.

This excerpted from the article from the U. Wash. student paper:

The debate surrounding the original legislation wasn't about whether Boyington deserved to be honored, but rather why the other Medal of Honor recipients should not be included, said ASUW President Lee Dunbar, who signed on to the new resolution as a co-sponsor.

"The biggest discussion point that resonated was 'why just Boyington?'" he said.

Student Senate Vice Chair Erin Shields said many unanswered questions about the resolution could have caused senators to vote against it.

"In the Senate meeting there were concerns about not recognizing all the Medal of Honor recipients," Shields said. "There were also concerns about what kind of memorial it would be and, if we recommend something, what are the chances it will actually be done."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe they did feel the wind blowing some. At least it appears, to me anyway, they're trying to get it right.

And besides, just how binding is a student senate resolution anyway? Note the words, "if we recommend something, what are the chances it will actually be done."

I also find it interesting that the original article sparking the other thread was taken from what I would describe as a "conservative leaning" website. That article also referred to a radio station in the Seattle area that is part of Fox Radio, part of R. Murdoch's News Corporation. I tried but couldn't find anything about the first decision of the U. Wash. student senate (the veto) in any other publication.

I believe this whole situation is much ado about nothing and was started just to watch the sharks thrash about in the waters.

Frozen Sooner
2/22/2006, 01:24 AM
You mean NewsMax published a slanted article and the typical dittos all got in a lather about it?

Shocked, I am.

SoonerBorn68
2/22/2006, 01:25 AM
Maybe so, but if that one senator's quote was acturate...the one about the "rich white guys", that was enough to spark my ire.

A hero is a hero, no matter what color or financial portfolio.

Hatfield
2/22/2006, 09:32 AM
they should all be expelled for hating america.

Harry Beanbag
2/22/2006, 09:44 AM
they should all be expelled for hating america.

It's about time you came to your senses. ;)

OklahomaTuba
2/22/2006, 09:46 AM
Oh boy, this isn't going to make the libz happy. Honoring white imperialist murderers???

What's next, supporting Bush's war for oil????!?!??? Supporting our troops that kill innocent "freedom fighters"?????

If only they could ban all things military, like the Marxist paradise of San Fran!

Hatfield
2/22/2006, 09:58 AM
tuba, i think the important thing here is for you not to admit you overreacted without knowing all the facts.

(again)