PDA

View Full Version : I had a premonition that it would come to this...

SoonerWood
2/21/2006, 03:59 PM
It always seems that the owners of upper crust show dogs are just a tiny bit whacko...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11374957/

Psychics aid in search for missing dog

NEW YORK - With few physical clues to the whereabouts of an escaped show dog, the hunt for the award-winning whippet has entered another realm.
About 12 psychics are counseling searchers as they check the heated cargo buildings near where Vivi escaped from a travel cage at John F. Kennedy International Airport, Paul Lepiane, the dog's co-owner, told Newsday for Tuesday editions.
"They are telling us that she is alive and they are telling us she is warm," said Honi Reisman, a friend of the dog's owners. "They are saying she's in a building -- but there are hundreds of buildings."

According to breeder Bo Bengtson, the animal bolted across the tarmac last week at 25 mph as workers chased her on foot and in three cars. The 3-year-old whippet, also known as Champion Bohem C'est La Vie, nosed into a marsh area and disappeared.
The dog's escape came within days of winning an award of merit at the Westminster Kennel Club show, the nation's most prestigious.
Lepiane said dog droppings consistent with the 30-pound whippet's were found Monday behind an airport cargo building. He has announced a $5,000 reward for Vivi.

However, I do hope Vivi is 'aight.

Widescreen
2/21/2006, 05:01 PM
Champion Bohem C'est La Vie
Dangit. That's what I was going to name my dog. :mad:

Mjcpr
2/21/2006, 05:05 PM
Dangit. That's what I was going to name my dog. :mad:

Why, is it gay?

mdklatt
2/21/2006, 05:07 PM
More attention was given to finding that dog than is giving to mind most missing people. :mad:

Mjcpr
2/21/2006, 05:09 PM
More attention was given to finding that dog than is giving to mind most missing people. :mad:

That dog was probably worth more than them.

SoonerWood
2/21/2006, 05:10 PM
That dog was very close to finding a cure for cancer.

Ike
2/21/2006, 05:14 PM
I sincerely hope ol' dude isn't shelling out cash for the psychics.

mdklatt
2/21/2006, 05:16 PM
That dog was probably worth more than them.

Sad but true. Show a TV news story about some 7-11 clerk getting shot and nobody cares, but show a story about a puppy mill and the donations come rolling in.

SOONER44EVER
2/21/2006, 05:42 PM
That dog gave me a kidney once.

mdklatt
2/21/2006, 05:44 PM

I don't think you're allowed to consume chocolate anymore.

pb4ou
2/21/2006, 05:46 PM

He also never minded taking his turn to wash the dishes.

mdklatt
2/21/2006, 05:48 PM
Lepiane said dog droppings consistent with the 30-pound whippet's were found Monday behind an airport cargo building.

This is worth repeating.

:D

Widescreen
2/21/2006, 06:20 PM
So they're dusting for droppings? Bring on CSI!

Shamrock
2/21/2006, 07:02 PM
Did they do a DNA test on the dog poop?

SOONER44EVER
2/21/2006, 07:09 PM
I don't think you're allowed to consume chocolate anymore.
I keep getting this weird craving for Alpo and for some reason I have to walk in circles before laying down. :eek:

Okla-homey
2/21/2006, 07:17 PM
If that dog won "best of breed" or better at that monster dog show, her pups could bring several thousand each among serious breed fanciers. At three, she's got six good years left-- maybe as many as 25 puppies over that period. You do the math. Therefore, if I owned her, I'd happily put up $5K if it meant getting her back.

The pyschic part is whacko though.