PDA

View Full Version : bookout should buy nate carter lunch...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/21/2006, 02:32 PM
his blockout allowed that tip. man i love guys that do the little things that allow you to win.

NormanPride
2/21/2006, 02:35 PM
Add Carter to the list of people I wish could play more... He's the mid-range our team needs.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/21/2006, 02:53 PM
now that would be a stiff fine.

:eddie:

GDC
2/21/2006, 03:16 PM
04 said he (Carter) needs to find his confidence, for what that's worth.

MojoRisen
2/21/2006, 03:19 PM
I think he is finding it- he hit some big shots- very productive ball game. Starting to like him...

TopDawg
2/21/2006, 03:22 PM
I agree with 04, although I hope that confidence results in made shots.

Against Colorado he knocked down his first attempt (a 3-pointer) but then missed something like 6 of his next 7, most of those being open mid-range jumpers. Those came in the first half when we were trying to put distance between ourselves and CU, but because of those missed shots, the Buffs hung around and stayed within striking distance.

On most other nights that would've been okay because we would've cleaned up the boards and put back 2 or 3 of those...but CU dominated us on the glass that night.

But I agree that his shot is pure enough that once he gets that confidence, he could be a huge asset to our offense.

SoonerBBall
2/21/2006, 03:27 PM
I would like to point out that Carter was boxing out 2 separate guys on that last play, not just his own. It was beautiful.

OUstud
2/21/2006, 04:35 PM
If he can consistently post up and hit mid range/3s, kinda like a smaller Dirk Nowitzki, we could be very dangerous. He likes to post up better, that's what he did at UC Riverside.

NUSooner
2/21/2006, 04:55 PM
I think Carter will shine more next year when the two big post guys will be gone and he will be allowed to post up more. This year he is kind of a guy without a place on the team. Gray is obviously better at posting up, Bookout has experience and size on him as well. Next year there are a lot more questions about the post, and Carter will have a chance to prove himself along with James, Griffin, and Longar.

PDXsooner
2/21/2006, 05:26 PM
well, bookout better buy him lunch before he graduates, because after that he's an official alum and therefore buying carter lunch would be an ncaa violation.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/21/2006, 05:30 PM
I like Carter but he will always be a tweener. Not that it is a bad thing but next year I figure Longar, Griffin, Mayfield and Clark will all be primarily inside. Damion James will probably be a wing but at his size he might play some inside when the team goes small. Carter is going to be primarily a wing/3-type player that won't be a primary scorer in the offense but can contribute in roughly the same way he did this year. He does everything pretty well though so he is going to get a lot of minutes.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/21/2006, 05:43 PM
personally, i think carter is a better post than taj as long as he isn't playing against a very long and athletic PF. they would probably be best served right now in pushing him to the post when taj is on the bench. he is a technically sound player, which taj isn't.

King Crimson
2/21/2006, 05:49 PM
well, bookout better buy him lunch before he graduates, because after that he's an official alum and therefore buying carter lunch would be an ncaa violation.

Godbold would still be eligible to buy a lunch, and since he probably owes Book one for bailing him out on the missed FT to tie....he could bypass Book and buy Nate lunch. if A is B and B is C, A=C?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/21/2006, 05:52 PM
fallacy of the undistributed middle

TopDawg
2/21/2006, 06:26 PM
Could Nate fit into an Aaron McGhee-type role next year?

birddog
2/21/2006, 08:11 PM
He might prefer a 6 month supply of rogaine over a lunch. I know I would. You can see glimpses of a very good player. Next year he'll be a good leader for us, I believe. Just kinda biding his time right now and learning his role.

the_ouskull
2/21/2006, 09:05 PM
Could Nate fit into an Aaron McGhee-type role next year?

Not as a post player. He's a talented enough shooter and ball-handler that he's going to have to face the basket more. Also, his strength lies in his strength, and he's going to have to use that against guards to be at his most effective... not against 4's and 5's, for sure.

the_ouskull