PDA

View Full Version : Dear Bedlam Chanters

Mjcpr
2/21/2006, 01:36 PM
Please take a page from Bob's book and show some class when aggy comes to town.

Sutton gets an 'attaboy

STILLWATER -- Bedlam doesn't have to be a synonym for hatred. After Oklahoma State's upset of Texas on Sunday, acting Cowboy basketball coach Sean Sutton received a letter of congratulations and support from Oklahoma football coach Bob Stoops.

"That meant a lot because here's a guy that I have never met," Sutton said. "I don't know him, but I have great, great respect for his coaching ability. He is a great football coach, and he has proven that he is one of the best in the game.
"On top of that, everybody that I have ever talked to has always said really kind words about the person he is and that letter just reinforced to me kind of the way I have always felt about him anyway -- that he is a good person and a good man and has a good family."

Stoops' letter complimented Sutton for being tough amid tough times, and the letter predicted that the win over Texas will be the first of many victories for Sutton, who will succeed his father as head coach.

Eddie Sutton is on medical leave for the remainder of this season due to injuries sustained in a Feb. 10 automobile accident. Eddie Sutton was charged with driving under the influence and said in a press conference that he will seek treatment for an alcohol problem. "I think the people in this state have been unbelievable in their support during these tough times," Sean Sutton said.

"It says a lot about them. The people that live in this state are really, really good people and it goes way beyond the (Bedlam) rivalry. The Oklahoma fans, the OU fans, have been great. I really appreciate that. It has meant a lot to me, and it has meant a lot to our family to see everybody reach out and be supportive in a tough situation.

"It could have been easy for some of those fans to throw stones because of the rivalry. But they have gone beyond that. It's like coach Stoops sending a letter after the game yesterday afternoon. It has helped a lot to know that people care and people are supportive."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/SportsStory.asp?ID=060221_Sp_B1_Sutto39486

Jimminy Crimson
2/21/2006, 01:38 PM
I think Bob just hates ***** and he was happy they lost. :D

IB4OU2
2/21/2006, 01:51 PM
I think Bob just hates ***** and he was happy they lost. :D

That too.....but that was pure class.

Bottom line wer'e all just a bunch of Okies.

mdklatt
2/21/2006, 01:56 PM
OH POINT TWO TWO

CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP

NormanPride
2/21/2006, 01:59 PM
Bob may be all class, but the students are going to be vicious, I guarantee. Asking them to not taunt is like putting a plate of fresh cookies in front of a three year old and saying "Don't touch"

Not going to happen.

Stanley1
2/21/2006, 02:05 PM
I'm torn. I'm all about being classy, but my blood just boils thinking of all the things they've done/said to our players over the years. Not to mention, the fact that Sutton gets revered just b/c he has stuck around forever.

Mjcpr
2/21/2006, 02:06 PM
POINT OH TWO TWO

If that were the case, Eddie wouldn't even be in trouble.

Jimminy Crimson
2/21/2006, 02:07 PM
POINT OH TWO TWO

CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP

wasn't it 0.22?

mdklatt
2/21/2006, 02:08 PM
wasn't it 0.22?

Fixed. :)

handcrafted
2/21/2006, 02:14 PM
OH POINT TWO TWO

CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP

SPEK.

:D

OUthunder
2/21/2006, 02:20 PM
Bob must have been drunk when he wrote it. ;)

handcrafted
2/21/2006, 02:23 PM
I will so heartily spek anyone who chants that at the game. I'll be listening for it on TV. Make it loud, guys!

mdklatt
2/21/2006, 02:25 PM
I will so heartily spek anyone who chants that at the game. I'll be listening for it on TV. Make it loud, guys!

I'm not sure how I'd feel if people do stuff like that. I don't encourage it, but I probably wouldn't be too upset if it happened.

chriscappel
2/21/2006, 02:28 PM
I'm torn. I'm all about being classy, but my blood just boils thinking of all the things they've done/said to our players over the years. Not to mention, the fact that Sutton gets revered just b/c he has stuck around forever.

I will have to agree with this....As much as i hate OSU you still gotta give Bob props for that!

NormanPride
2/21/2006, 02:34 PM
I'm never in favor of the TV stations mikeing the students... Think about the Tech game last night. They sounded like barnyard animals, and I would rather not have OU represented like that...

handcrafted
2/21/2006, 02:36 PM
I'm not sure how I'd feel if people do stuff like that. I don't encourage it, but I probably wouldn't be too upset if it happened.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Yer right. But with some of the stuff that pokey fans have yelled at us in recent years, a little payback would be fun.

mdklatt
2/21/2006, 02:43 PM
Yeah, yeah, I know. Yer right. But with some of the stuff that pokey fans have yelled at us in recent years, a little payback would be fun.

There's always the "why should we stoop to their level" argument. On the other hand, the national media would probably be disappointed if Eddie didn't get it with both barrels from OU students of all people. We wouldn't want that.

crawfish
2/21/2006, 02:51 PM
I am NOT encouraging a student to carry in a large, inflatable whisky bottle.

But it would be mildly funny. :)

No, scratch that...have class.

NormanPride
2/21/2006, 02:53 PM
There have to be other chants we can use, though. And they have to be understandable on TV.

LEFT OF CENTER
CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP

BET-TY FO-ORD
CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP

Eh?

Hamhock
2/21/2006, 02:56 PM
I just hope nobody throws empty pill bottles onto the floor. I mean, you can get a gross of those things for next to nothing.

Taxman71
2/21/2006, 03:31 PM
As grownups (and with kids), we are not allowed to yell rude chants at another's expense without being referred to as trash and facing the condemnation of our spouses. However, students have full clearance to bash the pokes due to their youth, intoxication and lack of ball and chains. I hope they carry the torch so the rest of us can live vicariously through them. I always enjoyed the modifed Big Country chant during my undergrad years, I think Bryant Reeves did too.

soonerscuba
2/21/2006, 03:45 PM
Our "Don't Blame Eddie, Blame OSU Co-eds" sign is currently in production.

OU4LIFE
2/21/2006, 03:48 PM
shouldn't you be rooting for Cuba, commie?

;)

KC//CRIMSON
2/21/2006, 11:45 PM
JIM MIE BEAM!

CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP

usmc-sooner
2/21/2006, 11:54 PM
you guys do know that the OSU students wore T-shirts with a picture of a phone and the number 550 while we were in Stillwater don't you?

Jimminy Crimson
2/22/2006, 12:00 AM
you guys do know that the OSU students wore T-shirts with a picture of a phone and the number 550 while we were in Stillwater don't you?

yeah, we're supposed to take the 'high road' :rolleyes:

Widescreen
2/22/2006, 12:02 AM
The perfect cheer!

Hello. CLAP-CLAP
My name is Eddie. CLAP-CLAP
And I'm an *********. CLAP-CLAP, CLAP-CLAP

usmc-sooner
2/22/2006, 12:05 AM
yeah, we're supposed to take the 'high road' :rolleyes:

to me the high road consists of in your face type of crap:D

Jimminy Crimson
2/22/2006, 12:25 AM
to me the high road consists of in your face type of crap:D

to me, it means one-upping their cell phone chit, bagging on book, and their warped fantasy that we're the ag/mobile home school.