PDA

View Full Version : Olympics vs. American Idol

Okla-homey
2/21/2006, 01:14 PM
Okay handicappers, its American Idol vs. Olympics womens figure skating tonight. Which wins and by what percentage of total viewship in the American television market? Whats the over/under?

My money's on AI to beat skating by at least 20% of the TV screens that are on tonight. Maybe by 30% in the red states.

BTW, I have a theory that only AI finalists from red states have a shot at winning AI because the vast majority of voters are in red states. To date, no one from a blue state has won.

JohnnyMack
2/21/2006, 01:18 PM
I was listening to a story on AI on NPR last week. That show is one of the most powerful shows in TV history. The big 3 constantly scramble to keep shows away from matching up against AI because the viewership for all the networks COMBINED can't catch AI. Said that Fox keeps its broadcast of AI times/dates as secret as possible to keep the Big 3 off balance (for instance sometimes it's 60 minutes long, sometimes 90 or 120. Sometimes it's on Tuesday only, sometimes it on Tues. and Wed.).

mdklatt
2/21/2006, 01:19 PM
BTW, I have a theory that only AI finalists from red states have a shot at winning AI because the vast majority of voters are in red states.

You think so? That show is fairly gay, in every sense of the word. You've got a point about the winners, though.

Okla-homey
2/21/2006, 01:23 PM
This week AI is on Tues/Wed and Thurs. I think they did it on purpose to kick NBC and the Oly's arse.:D

OUDoc
2/21/2006, 01:23 PM
I'll be watching 0% of either, so factor me in on that calculation.

Okla-homey
2/21/2006, 01:26 PM
I'll be watching 0% of either, so factor me in on that calculation.

Expecting a shipment from "Vivid Video" to be on the porch when you get home tonight?;)

OUDoc
2/21/2006, 01:29 PM
Expecting a shipment from "Vivid Video" to be on the porch when you get home tonight?;)
Sweet! You sent me a gift?

IB4OU2
2/21/2006, 01:33 PM
I'll be watching the Golf channel, Big Break Five is on tonight....

Jimminy Crimson
2/21/2006, 01:33 PM
I imagine it will be pretty close.

I'll be tuning in to the 'lympics so I can watch my ice vixen, Sasha, do her thing. Nothing like a hot Jewish girl in spandex! ;)

But I'll be Tivo'ing AI b/c there are some hotties on there, too. And I like to fast forward AI.

It's all about the hotties.

Mjcpr
2/21/2006, 01:38 PM
I imagine it will be pretty close.

I'll be tuning in to the 'lympics so I can watch my ice vixen, Sasha, do her thing. Nothing like a hot Jewish girl in spandex! ;)

Why do they do some kind of weird circumcision thing for women?

Jimminy Crimson
2/21/2006, 01:42 PM
Why do they do some kind of weird circumcision thing for women?

That's just what is about to happen in this picture :texan:

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20060220/capt.olypa32502201401.winter_olympics_figure_skati ng_women_tr2_olypa325.jpg

salth2o
2/21/2006, 01:52 PM
I will not be home tonight, but I would probably watch AI. Since I follow the 'lympics online.

frankensooner
2/21/2006, 03:26 PM
My daughters have their figure skating lessons tonight so I will be watching that. If I were home it would be a hard choice. I might tivo both. Skating for the girls and AI for me! ;)

colleyvillesooner
2/21/2006, 03:38 PM
Neither, going to see the Mavericks kick off the 2nd half right!

TUSooner
2/21/2006, 03:45 PM
I've haven't watched a total of 5 minutes of AI since it was invented. I'm not gonna start tonight. And I'll probably record the Olys on the DVR and fast-forward through the skating later, 'cept for some frequent peeks at the aforementioned hotties in tights.