PDA

View Full Version : CA death penalty delay

jeremy885
2/21/2006, 10:37 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/02/21/california.execution.ap/index.html

What is the big deal on this?

The guy admits that he killed hers.
He was convicted and sentenced fairly.
Why does anyone care if he wakes up after he gets the injection and experiences the pain that he gave to his victim?

Okla-homey
2/21/2006, 10:40 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/02/21/california.execution.ap/index.html

What is the big deal on this?

The guy admits that he killed hers.
He was convicted and sentenced fairly.
Why does anyone care if he wakes up after he gets the injection and experiences the pain that he gave to his victim?

We have this thing called the US Constitution that bans cruel punishment. Ergo, execution that involves an element of physical pain raises judicial eyebrows and stuff.

jeremy885
2/21/2006, 10:42 AM
We have this thing called the US Constitution that bans cruel punishment. Ergo, execution that involves an element of physical pain raises judicial eyebrows and stuff.

But why did they bring this up now? Hasn't CA used this method for like 20 years? Did someone wake up the last time they excuted someone?

fadada1
2/21/2006, 10:45 AM
seriously, how does anyone know if lethal injection hurts??? isn't the first substance injected a numbing agent of some kind? it's not like someone has come back from the grave to tell us.

besides, i wonder if their victims went without trauma. eye for an eye.

Harry Beanbag
2/21/2006, 10:46 AM
I didn't hear Tookie complain about it.

Okla-homey
2/21/2006, 10:53 AM
We really should go back to hanging because it is impossible for the condemned to scream (whether it hurts or not) after the trap opens and he runs out of rope.;)

fadada1
2/21/2006, 10:59 AM
We really should go back to hanging because it is impossible for the condemned to scream (whether it hurts or not) after the trap opens and he runs out of rope.;)
you bring up an interesting point. should we bring back public execution??? could it deter any more crime??? or would it be some lunatics last ploy at gaining publicity and attention???

i'm always thinking, "why didn't i think of that?" well, i'm planning on buying the rights to all of these public hangings, beheadings, and pain inducing pleasantries... and then put it on pay-per-view (ala wrestlemania). i think it could work.