PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Griffin

Grimey
2/21/2006, 10:27 AM
Did I miss something? Did he not play last night? I had to watch the game off and on, but I noticed Longar kept going in when Taylor normally would...

crawfish
2/21/2006, 10:29 AM
I think he hurt his back last week. Longar was probably a better matchup vs. Tech, as well...

jk the sooner fan
2/21/2006, 10:29 AM
he played, put up a few shots, made none of them

colleyvillesooner
2/21/2006, 10:30 AM
Did I miss something? Did he not play last night? I had to watch the game off and on, but I noticed Longar kept going in when Taylor normally would...

He only played 5 mins.

tnraider1
2/21/2006, 10:33 AM
Taylor came in for a few minutes, but he was making freshman mistakes. I don't think he came back in after those first few minutes.

Harry Beanbag
2/21/2006, 10:37 AM
After he jacked up the running somersaulting layup I never saw him again. I thought Longar played a pretty good game though.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/21/2006, 10:45 AM
to quote the great Bob Stoops "he'll be fine"

Granted that sometimes just means he's still alive:D

I thought Longar was a good match-up last night and he played pretty well. Got away with a goaltend but otherwise I thought he brought a little intimidation in the paint on defense.

Frozen Sooner
2/21/2006, 11:24 AM
Apparently Griffin has somewhat hit the freshman wall.

NormanPride
2/21/2006, 11:39 AM

Even hitting the wall, he's better than Longar is most of the time. ;)

snp
2/21/2006, 12:12 PM

A wall shouldn't be able to stop Griffin. He should be able to bench press a wall.

stoopified
2/21/2006, 12:48 PM
Taylor came in for a few minutes, but he was making freshman mistakes. I don't think he came back in after those first few minutes.Bingo.But hey he has been very good at times.L2 gave us solid minutes.

tnraider1
2/21/2006, 01:24 PM
Bingo.But hey he has been very good at times.L2 gave us solid minutes.

Don't get me wrong. I think Taylor is going to be a stud by the time he is done here. I love his energy, although it gets him out of control at times. Griffin has a lot of things going for him: Toughness, loaded with energy, crashes the boards pretty well, and he seems to have a pretty sweet 10-15ft jumper. I look forward to watching him progress in this system. This year however, his play has been really hit and miss. Next year we will get a chance to really see his potential. It's hard to make a statement when the coach won't let you shoot the ball. I see him being one of the top 3 scorers next season for the Sooners.

NUSooner
2/21/2006, 01:25 PM
Longar played fairly decently...got some boards took up space on offense, made nice putback and a block...also let his guard down on defense. I think he'll be a solid player by the time he's done. I wish we had redshirted him last season though, but we have to remember, he's still a year behind Jabarhi when he started playing, and he turned out to be a pretty decent role player.

jk the sooner fan
2/21/2006, 01:27 PM
i got the impression griffin had matchup problems last nite.......wasnt so much for lack of effort, more so that he was up against a bigger player

NormanPride
2/21/2006, 01:50 PM
Isn't he the same size as Book? Not as thick, but height...

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/21/2006, 02:41 PM
Longar played fairly decently...got some boards took up space on offense, made nice putback and a block...also let his guard down on defense. I think he'll be a solid player by the time he's done. I wish we had redshirted him last season though, but we have to remember, he's still a year behind Jabarhi when he started playing, and he turned out to be a pretty decent role player.

I thought when Jabarhi was (presumably) clean and sober that he was real good role player. Longar will not ever have the skills away from the basket that Gray has and he certainly won't ever bulk up and be confused with Bookout :D but I think he can be a good player the next couple years. I don't think he will ever be expected to score more than 6-8 points a game but he is smart, he doesn't jack up 17 footers and he plays well around the basket. Teach him how to stay out of foul trouble and work on the free throws until he is a 65-70% shooter (see Gilbert) and I think he will be a good player for us.

oumartin
2/21/2006, 02:53 PM
Griffin will be a stud when he leaves OU only if he continues to improve on his own. Or doesn't transfer. ;)

Chi Gamma Blackness
2/21/2006, 03:08 PM
A wall shouldn't be able to stop Griffin. He should be able to bench press a wall.

I find this quote somewhat humerous SuperNinjaPirate...I like it! How much does a wall weigh?

Jay C. Upchurch
2/21/2006, 04:35 PM

He hasn't hit any walls. In fact, he's played his best basketball the last three weeks of the season.

Unfortunately for him, he did not play well during the short span he was inserted into the game last night — and that translated into bench time while Longar stepped up to play fairly well.