PDA

View Full Version : I've officially reached "A W is a W" status...

colleyvillesooner
2/21/2006, 10:11 AM
I was talking to my girlfriend last night and we found ourselves talking the same way about this basketball team the way we did about the football team after the halfway point. A "W" is a "W". I don't care how we get it. I do not care how many points we come back from or give up. If we lose, I'm still just as ****ed. But a win, hell yeah, we won. Don't care if we gave up a 10 point lead. It happens. (Yes, it seems to happen to us alot, but don't complain to me about that. Go research a bunch of other teams, I bet you find the same thing.)

It makes every win feel good when you don't care how they won. It's too late in the season to expect any major changes. The personnel is what it is. As long as we can play some decent D, and keep Michael Neal hot, we will have a shot in most games. That's all I ask for for the rest of the year.

BOOMER SOONER!

crawfish
2/21/2006, 10:38 AM
We have a good team. We're a point guard away from being a top 5 team - the other four positions, plus depth, is solid, but the lack of point makes a HUGE difference.

We can go far in the dance if we play well. I think we can hang with any team, but we can also get beat by nearly anybody, too.

Harry Beanbag
2/21/2006, 10:40 AM
The stat they flashed last night told volumes about this season. The Sooners have led by 7 or more points in all six of their losses.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/21/2006, 10:53 AM
I'm all for giving an opponent the Tony Danza and winning big but I'll take a 1-point conference win on the road anytime.

stoopified
2/21/2006, 10:57 AM
I'm all for giving an opponent the Tony Danza and winning big but I'll take a 1-point conference win on the road anytime.True dat.