PDA

View Full Version : I watched Jenna Plumley play tonight...

AllAboutThe'O'
2/21/2006, 02:33 AM
for Frontier against Howe in the Class A Area III regional finals in Tahlequah (Northeastern State's gym). Plumley scored 27 points, had eight assists and six steals as Frontier won 91-57. The only thing she didn't do was hit a 3-pointer, she was about 0-for-5 from beyond the arc (and she was launching them from about 25 feet). Made a couple of nice no-look passes and stole a ball in the backcourt right under the goal and just laid it in. She had about nine layups and shot just one free throw. For the most part, she was pretty impressive and I was also impressed with the Frontier team. It looks like they'll repeat as A champions and Plumley can further cement her legend in Oklahoma high school circles before suiting up for the Sooners.
Afterward, I dined on a massive steak sandwich at Del Rancho, which capped the trip rather nicely.

stoopified
2/21/2006, 09:10 AM
for Frontier against Howe in the Class A Area III regional finals in Tahlequah (Northeastern State's gym). Plumley scored 27 points, had eight assists and six steals as Frontier won 91-57. The only thing she didn't do was hit a 3-pointer, she was about 0-for-5 from beyond the arc (and she was launching them from about 25 feet). Made a couple of nice no-look passes and stole a ball in the backcourt right under the goal and just laid it in. She had about nine layups and shot just one free throw. For the most part, she was pretty impressive and I was also impressed with the Frontier team. It looks like they'll repeat as A champions and Plumley can further cement her legend in Oklahoma high school circles before suiting up for the Sooners.
Afterward, I dined on a massive steak sandwich at Del Rancho, which capped the trip rather nicely.Thanks for the update.Sounds like she got game.I saw a feature on tv about her,she IS a little gal(5'2 ) but her heart appears to be 6'3.

Jay C. Upchurch
2/21/2006, 09:51 AM
http://www.nativeyouthmagazine.com/profiles_view.php?pfcid=1&pfid=25

By the way, she's actually 5-foot-4

picasso
2/21/2006, 11:33 AM
I've read where some think she's the best guard the state has ever produced.:eek:

I had a conversation the other day with a nurse who played basketball at a rival high school with mine. we talked about the powerhouse that is Frontier (about 35 miles from me) these days. She had never even heard of it until recently.
I told how it's a consolidated school near Red Rock and a product of the large power plant there. Much like Oolagah, they have the finest facilities anywhere.
Those places look like mini-JUCOS in the middle of nowhere.