PDA

View Full Version : Tristen Ross

Collier11
2/21/2006, 12:28 AM
An Ou recruit a few years ago was signed by Uco this year, didnt know if anyone had posted this info yet. Uco also got ryan ohara, a former qb at arizona

RacerX
2/21/2006, 12:31 AM
Could be an interesting year for the Bronchos.

The year they had Aska they also had one 300+ lineman they left Div 1a due to a neck injury. He looked like a monster compared to the other oline.

critical_phil
2/21/2006, 12:38 AM
The year they had Aska they also had one 300+ lineman they left Div 1a due to a neck injury. He looked like a monster compared to the other oline.

mike filson?

RacerX
2/21/2006, 12:41 AM
I believe so. Somewhere I have a program from Aska's 300+ yard game against Langston...hehe.

IronSooner
2/21/2006, 09:52 AM
So Ross is gone for good now? Good pickup for UCO...will be interested to see what he does there.

critical_phil
2/21/2006, 09:57 AM
is this a case of a guy who just isn't that smart? i don't think i ever heard any other knocks against him (injury, lazy, or troublesome etc.)

i remember that he lit it up in a few practices.

Harry Beanbag
2/21/2006, 10:35 AM
is this a case of a guy who just isn't that smart? i don't think i ever heard any other knocks against him (injury, lazy, or troublesome etc.)

i remember that he lit it up in a few practices.

Apparently, the curse of being from Shreveport Evangel is too much to overcome for anybody.

MikeInNorman
2/21/2006, 10:41 AM
Ross' problem was all "want to". Didn't want to study. Didn't want to get in shape. These two things will tend to get you passed on the depth chart pretty quickly.

SoonerBBall
2/21/2006, 12:01 PM
Ross' problem was all "want to". Didn't want to study. Didn't want to get in shape. These two things will tend to get you passed on the depth chart pretty quickly.

While this was part of the reason, Tristen also had some family and personal problems while here at OU. Some guys just don't deal well with the pressure and responsibility of playing for a team in the national spotlight. Tristen had work ethic issues, but it wasn't like he was another Brent Rawls.

MojoRisen
2/21/2006, 07:10 PM
My bro made the All Century Team at UCO- Linebacker- 82 National champs come on back! They had a lot of D1 transfer that year OU ARkansas Alabama- that team would have been able to play with a lot of D1 Schools they were loaded.

Collier11
2/21/2006, 07:14 PM
Anyone remember reggie donner, the guy was like 27, on roids, and had God knows how many kids but he was a hell of a running back.

starclassic tama
2/21/2006, 08:20 PM
yeah ross was out of shape and way overweight and got buried in the depth chart. i'm not sure about his personal problems. i know he got up to like 6'1 230 which is entirely too much weight for a receiver...

CRASH 02
2/21/2006, 11:15 PM
I am pretty sure the only time I saw Ross play was last years Red/White game. I believe he missed 4 or 5 passes in a row. When he finally cought one everyone cheered.

Archangel
2/21/2006, 11:28 PM
I actually worked w/ Reggie Donner for a while at Coca-Cola. He always had some far-fetched story to tell. Never got to see him play, but I've heard he was a hell of player from several people.

MikeInNorman
2/22/2006, 04:24 PM
While this was part of the reason, Tristen also had some family and personal problems while here at OU. Some guys just don't deal well with the pressure and responsibility of playing for a team in the national spotlight. Tristen had work ethic issues, but it wasn't like he was another Brent Rawls.

No, not like Rawls. But when you show up for practice as wide as you are tall, that's not real promising for an aspiring wide receiver.

Collier11
2/22/2006, 05:14 PM
WE always assume that if someone doesnt make it at OU they are either stupid, fat, worthless, or all of the above...maybe he just didnt feel comfortable at OU??

Big John
2/23/2006, 09:15 PM
WE always assume that if someone doesn't make it at OU they are either stupid, fat, worthless, or all of the above...maybe he just didn't feel comfortable at OU??
I'm pretty sure that he wasn't 230 pounds of pure muscle. If that was the case he would have probably been moved to tight end.

picasso
2/23/2006, 11:44 PM
I am pretty sure the only time I saw Ross play was last years Red/White game. I believe he missed 4 or 5 passes in a row. When he finally cought one everyone cheered.
he tore it up the year before. the kid was a stud. too bad.