soonerbrat
2/20/2006, 11:09 PM

usmc-sooner
2/20/2006, 11:21 PM
what is your opinion of chiropractors? I must have missed

soonerbrat
2/20/2006, 11:23 PM
what is your opinion of chiropractors? I must have missed

i think they are quacks. i think they are useful for temporary release of backache or neckaches. but i don't believe their philosopy about curing all what ails ya.

sanantoniosooner
2/20/2006, 11:26 PM
i think they are quacks. i think they are useful for temporary release of backache or neckaches. but i don't believe their philosopy about curing all what ails ya.
same philophy on hookers.

usmc-sooner
2/20/2006, 11:28 PM
well I agree as well

soonerbrat
2/20/2006, 11:30 PM
yup yup.

that's wny i declined all 3 acceptances to chiropractic schools

they were basically going to take me without ever interviewing or nething

Mjcpr
2/21/2006, 08:53 AM
Were they aware of your drinking problem? :D

jeremy885
2/21/2006, 09:07 AM
yup yup.

that's wny i declined all 3 acceptances to chiropractic schools

they were basically going to take me without ever interviewing or nething

So you think that their quacks, but you applied for three of their schools? I guess I missed an interesting thread.

soonerbrat
2/21/2006, 09:49 AM
So you think that their quacks, but you applied for three of their schools? I guess I missed an interesting thread.

I applied thinking it would be a good career. then i started doing some research into their philosophies and practices and decided it was a bunch of hooey. I couldn't do something that I didn't believe in.

1stTimeCaller
2/21/2006, 09:51 AM
I applied thinking it would be a good career. then i started doing some research into their philosophies and practices and decided it was a bunch of hooey. I couldn't do something that I didn't believe in.

Do you believe in unemployment? :eddie:

soonerbrat
2/21/2006, 09:54 AM
Do you believe in unemployment? :eddie:

Let me rephrase.

I couldn't try to trick people and make them think I was helping them with all their ailments and curing them when all I was doing was giving them temporary relief.

1stTimeCaller
2/21/2006, 09:57 AM
So living off your kids child support is a better way?

I'm just trying to figure out why it is acceptable to bash someones profession and try to belittle them. It doesn't seem so cool when you're on the other end does it?

Hamhock
2/21/2006, 09:58 AM
I now feel that this will be a (in)famous post in the near future and want to be able to tell my grandkids that I was a part of it.

Okla-homey
2/21/2006, 09:59 AM
I would only go to a chiro if she was hawt and included a post-adjustment "happy ending"

just saying.;)

critical_phil
2/21/2006, 10:00 AM
IBTAHBL.

(all hell breaks loose)......

sanantoniosooner
2/21/2006, 10:01 AM
I'm just trying to figure out why it is acceptable to bash someones profession and try to belittle them.
honest money gained is worthy of respect.

I think that's both of your points.

Beef
2/21/2006, 10:02 AM
Let me rephrase.

I couldn't try to trick people and make them think I was helping them with all their ailments and curing them when all I was doing was giving them temporary relief.
I desperately need some temporary relief right now.

soonerbrat
2/21/2006, 10:04 AM
So living off your kids child support is a better way?

I'm just trying to figure out why it is acceptable to bash someones profession and try to belittle them. It doesn't seem so cool when you're on the other end does it?

When I first said that I thought all chiros were quacks, i didn't know the guy was a chiro. Then he started calling me ignorant about chiropractors, when I am in fact, not. He said he proved scientifically that chiropractic cures all these ailments, he did not.

You can bash me all you want. It doesn't hurt my feelings in the least, because like achiro, you don't know me enough to make judgments about my life :)

1stTimeCaller
She made her point yesterday. There is no need to continue to bash achiro's profession.

soonerbrat
P.S. Have a nice day.

soonerbrat
2/21/2006, 10:06 AM
She made her point yesterday. There is no need to continue to bash achiro's profession.

did ya notice when i posted the first post in this thread?

it wasn't today.

thanks for being observant.

1stTimeCaller
2/21/2006, 10:07 AM
maybe you could be a comedianne?

1stTimeCaller
2/21/2006, 10:08 AM
and goody for your 8 greens.

Hamhock
2/21/2006, 10:09 AM
our green spek is real money???? I sure didn't see that on the FAQ.

Howzit
HANG ONTA YER PANTIES FOLKS...WE'RE GOIN' FER A RIDE!!!!1

YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW!!!!!1

soonerbrat
why are you being so hateful?

i posted an OPINION about a profession yesterday and was attacked by someone calling me names. I defended myself and other people agreed with me.

don't you worry about my rent, i got it covered :D

Hamhock
2/21/2006, 10:10 AM
I, on the other hand, could really use some help with the rent.

TIA

Mjcpr
2/21/2006, 10:11 AM
HANG ONTA YER PANTIES FOLKS...WE'RE GOIN' FER A RIDE!!!!1

YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW!!!!!1

I rarely let go of them.

1stTimeCaller
2/21/2006, 10:14 AM
sorry

soonerbrat
2/21/2006, 10:14 AM
and goody for your 8 greens.

did you decide the "maybe you can cash them in and use them to pay your rent" comment was too harsh?

or what?

1stTimeCaller
2/21/2006, 10:17 AM
I was trying to censor myself.

See how worked up you are? Not fun is it?

That was the point of this exercise.

OUDoc
2/21/2006, 10:17 AM
Someone peed on the wrong side of the bed this morning. :D

Beef
2/21/2006, 10:18 AM

I hate exercise. That's why I'm a great big fat person.

1stTimeCaller
2/21/2006, 10:27 AM
nm

critical_phil
2/21/2006, 10:29 AM
this thread has changed my life. i'm going to start looking for a job right now.....

OU4LIFE
2/21/2006, 10:35 AM
this thread reminds me how much I hate beano.

and norm.

1stTimeCaller
2/21/2006, 10:36 AM
and Scooter

Oldnslo
2/21/2006, 11:03 AM
I, on the other hand, could really use some help with the rent.

TIA
That's funny. I'm looking for some help with my pants!

picasso
2/21/2006, 11:09 AM
1 month of visits to the local one here cured me of my sciatica. I haven't slipped the disc lifting weights or golfing since then.

they work for some.

also, the worst thing you can do for your back is have it operated on.

soonerbrat
2/21/2006, 11:34 AM

I got worked up?

hmmmm..i must have missed that part :)

Look, I'm glad that achiro is proud of his profession and believes in what he does. It doesn't change my personal opinion about it and I don't think that's a personal attack or judgment of him as a person.

you can try to insult me all you want, but like i said...your opinion of me doesn't mean anything.

picasso
2/21/2006, 11:46 AM
brat, I too used to be skeptical. my gf was always trying to get me to go.
Last spring my sciatica was so bad I had to do something. The guy popped me 2 times a week for a month and cured me. a miracle in my book.
the bad thing is the guy wanted me to continue to com ein in weekly but I cut that off. I'll go back if needed though.
also, my gf goes to a high priced dude who doesn't pop your back. he uses some weird procedure that just requires a pop in the neck.

and temporary relief is better than getting your back all fused together. my cuz did. he can hardly move his head now and is in bad bad shape.

soonerbrat
2/21/2006, 11:59 AM
yeah..for back problems, etc, i'm all for it.

the argument was all about whether it helps with high blood pressure and other ailments.

Oldnslo
2/21/2006, 12:08 PM
There's no real correlation between back pain and the "problems" that cause them. F'rinstance, if you were to take 100 over-30 people off the street and x-ray them, you'd likely find that the crushing majority of them have some sort of abnormality and not necessarily minor. However, not all of the people with an abnormality have symptoms. Nobody knows why.

St. Francis hospital was doing some of this research a few years ago, but I don't know if anything came of it. It's been awhile since it's mattered to me, since discovering that my cross-examination of chiro's doesn't have to reach that deep.

Picasso? Not everyone who has any procedure done has a good result. However, I have two friends who have had back surgery. Both had outstanding results and wish that they hadn't waited so long to go under the knife. (See, back surgery is almost always "elective" in that you wait until you can't stand the pain any longer... because any procedure has risk).

OTOH, I've got a client right now, and an opponent in another case, who really, really need something. My client spends days and days in bed, and it ain't for entertainment purposes. Poor girl. She had 3 car accidents on top of a pre-existing condition. :(

NormanPride
2/21/2006, 12:14 PM
She had 3 car accidents on top of a pre-existing condition. :(

STOP DRIVING, LADY. :(

Seriously. Sometimes the good Lord is trying to give you a hint.

picasso
2/21/2006, 12:14 PM
yeah I know being cut on isn't always a bad thing. I just happen to know 2 who have done so and are in bad shape. one turned out to be the wrong procedure.
my anatomy prof in college, an old timer who played pro football always said the surgery was the worst thing for your back.:)

and brat, I didn't realize that was your argument. it would stand to make sense though that if your back is in alignment, it might affect how you feel overall.

Hamhock
2/21/2006, 01:24 PM
That's funny. I'm looking for some help with my pants!

I'm not that kind of girl. :texan:

Hamhock
2/21/2006, 01:26 PM
BTW, What's wrong with a woman living off child support? Staying home and taking care of her kids is better than trying to work and take care of her kids.

frankensooner
2/21/2006, 02:42 PM
I am glad that I am a lawyer and nobody ever disparges my chosen field. ;)

My HMO pays for visits to a back-cracker, so there must be some valid medical reason for it, as HMO don't pay for nuthin. I have a neighbor who is one and she is very nice. I have never had need of one though.

soonerbrat
2/21/2006, 03:32 PM
I am glad that I am a lawyer and nobody ever disparges my chosen field. ;)

My HMO pays for visits to a back-cracker, so there must be some valid medical reason for it, as HMO don't pay for nuthin. I have a neighbor who is one and she is very nice. I have never had need of one though.

Does your HMO pay for it to be your primary care physician?

and yeah..there are no disparaging remarks about lawyers EVAR :rolleyes:

LilSooner
2/21/2006, 03:55 PM
I'm sure achiro is a nice enough guy, but I have to agree with brat. My back hurts alot, but if it hurts that bad go to a real doctor. The chiro that I went to told me a lot of BS like my neck was out of wack and I need to come every week for a year. There isn't jack **** wrong with my neck. Besides a D.O. will adjust your back AND give you muscle relaxers.

Hamhock
2/21/2006, 03:58 PM
D.O.'s aren't real doctors either.

(Just kidding...really...I sware...:P )

LilSooner
2/21/2006, 04:10 PM
Who cares they can give you feel good medicine.

Beano's Fourth Chin
2/21/2006, 04:10 PM
...your opinion of me doesn't mean anything.

Which is why you started a feel good thread about the 8 people that agree with you?:P

soonerbrat
2/21/2006, 04:12 PM
i was drunk, give me a break

Mjcpr
2/21/2006, 04:13 PM

What I'd like to know is why we have pennies.

mdklatt
2/21/2006, 04:14 PM

OH POINT TWO TWO

CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP

:eddie:

OUthunder
2/21/2006, 04:21 PM
Brat, the funniest part of that thread, was when he wanted evidence of our beliefs, we found them, posted them, then he just ignored them, sighting each author/scientist as a quack themself.

Pure genius.

Best thread around here in a loooooooooooooooong time!

soonerbrat
2/21/2006, 04:26 PM
mostly i was surprised at how much spek i got in one thread.

that hasn't happened since the last AG spek fest.

my whole spek-box is full of comments on that thread and this one...except for one comment i got on the hand towel statement...

Howzit
2/21/2006, 04:28 PM

did you chop down a neighbor's tree? that happened one time.

soonerbrat
2/21/2006, 04:31 PM
did you chop down a neighbor's tree? that happened one time.

no, i only insulted a chiropractor. but that was before I was drunkity drunk.

jeremy885
2/21/2006, 04:34 PM
mostly i was surprised at how much spek i got in one thread.

that hasn't happened since the last AG spek fest.

my whole spek-box is full of comments on that thread and this one...except for one comment i got on the hand towel statement...

If you change spek to *****, this post is so much funnnier.

achiro
3/2/2006, 11:43 AM
Brat, the funniest part of that thread, was when he wanted evidence of our beliefs, we found them, posted them, then he just ignored them, sighting each author/scientist as a quack themself.

Pure genius.

Best thread around here in a loooooooooooooooong time!
Not sure how I missed this thread?
Anyway, in response Thunder. Seriously I gave you the science behind Chiropractic. Nobody challenged that, just continued calling me a quack.
As far as your posts, I saw little science there within the subject matter we were talking about and even asked what specifically you wanted to address.
I also told you the Stephen Barret is certainly not a good source to use when trying to downplay the effectiveness of Chiropractic. Just for reference Barrett is a pshycologist that no longer even has a license to practice. You want to use him as your reference, it just continues to strenthen my arguments.

As far as Chiro working or not working.
Chiropratic has been a licensed profession for more than 100 years and until insurance in the 70's pain management was not the primary use. There must be something to it. As someone said, most insurance plans, including medicare now cover Chiro care.
There have been people like you and Brat around for the entire time Chiro has been around. We are still here. In fact the AMA was sued and lost for trying to give false info about Chiro to the public, specifially to mislead people in the pursuit of eliminating chiropractic.
Really, I am amazed that the ignorance still exists..and yes Brat, it is ignorance. As I said before, you learn nothing about Chiropractic when you apply to become a student. Whether you want to admit it or not, you really have no idea what chiropractic can and can't do. That by definition is ignorance. Now if I had called you stupid, that would have been an attack. Ignorance is not stupidity.
Really, calling me and every other Chiropractor out there a quack is a very offensive blanket statement. I did take offense to it as it is who I am. The only reason people would say that is because they don't understand Chiropractic...thus ignorance is the correct term here. I use to adjust a neurosurgeon and his family on a regular basis. The last I talked to him he continues to do that, not for pain management reasons but for health and wellness reasons. With all due respect, I'm pretty sure he knows more about how the nervous system works than you(and probably I) ever will.
Bashing something because you don't understand it will always happen. I just can't sit back and let it happen without saying something.

sanantoniosooner
3/2/2006, 01:00 PM
If I want well reasoned facts I'll go elsewhere.....thank you very much.