PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you Sooners still...

tommie15
2/20/2006, 09:19 PM
root for Nebraska when we aren't playing each other? The ND thread made me curious.

I know Callahan has certainly burnt some bridges (with NU fans too), but I think he is starting to learn more about the college game and our rivalry.

Just wondering.

Octavian
2/20/2006, 09:21 PM
if you're playing Notre Dame.

Cam
2/20/2006, 09:22 PM
No

Okieflyer
2/20/2006, 09:22 PM
Yeah, I don't dislike the Huskers.

Octavian
2/20/2006, 09:25 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24671&highlight=fark+nebraska

JohnnyMack
2/20/2006, 09:26 PM
I like Nebraska.

I do not like Callahan. I don't know if I'll ever forget the way he acted during the 2004 game. I've never seen a coach lay down the way he did against another opponent. He should have been fired for allowing that to happen.

sooneron
2/20/2006, 09:32 PM
It will take a lot for Callenberger to earn some respect in the Sooner realm. I would root for you guys if you were playing miami. Does that help?

tommie15
2/20/2006, 09:42 PM
hmm

I know some Huskers hate OU (mostly the ones who grew up in the 70s) while others (like myself) root for them as a second favorite.

How many of you rooted for NU before Callahan? How many of you have changed your opinions?

Rhino
2/20/2006, 09:44 PM
I was all for Nebraska until Callenberger came along.

When he and Pederson are gone, I'll be for Nebraska again.

sooneron
2/20/2006, 09:48 PM

Thanks for reminding me about Pederson. Yeah you guys have two classless ****tools up there.

JohnnyMack
2/20/2006, 11:18 PM

Yup.

yermom
2/20/2006, 11:28 PM
after the late 80's and the 90's i really liked watching them lose, i think the last time i rooted for them was in the '02 Rose Bowl

after some reflection, i shouldn't dislike them much, but Callahan and Blake are making it tough to like them

RacerX
2/20/2006, 11:32 PM
No.

Shouldn't this be a poll?

SoonersEnFuego
2/20/2006, 11:35 PM

Exactly! I can't show any respect for them until Schnellahan is gone...which shouldn't be long if they had any sense.

opksooner
2/20/2006, 11:36 PM
Strictly situational. I don't hate the 'skers......but I like 'em a hell of a lot less than I use ta.

OUthunder
2/20/2006, 11:48 PM
Not really. Only if Veritas and I have money on them in V-Bookie. :D

Harry Beanbag
2/20/2006, 11:58 PM
No. Callahan is an easy excuse to use currently, but I've had no use for Nebraska since they showed how much respect they really have for Oklahoma back in the '90s: 73-21 and 69-7.

oumartin
2/21/2006, 12:49 AM
I pulled for them against Michigan. But I wanted Callahan to lose

Jimminy Crimson
2/21/2006, 01:06 AM
In the Osborne and Solich days, yes.

With Callenberger/BooBoo at the helm, hell no!

AllAboutThe'O'
2/21/2006, 02:38 AM
Two reasons to root for the Huskers next season:

Texas and USC.

PDXsooner
2/21/2006, 02:44 AM
i can't say i hate them, but i respect their program a lot less than i used to, for two reasons:

1) it turns out, the fact that nebraska fans were known as "classy" was related to the winning a lot more than i thought. now that things aren't so rosy, there seems to be quite a bit more envy and angst than i expected.

2) callahan is a complete *********.

Big Red Ron
2/21/2006, 04:00 AM
No. Callahan is an easy excuse to use currently, but I've had no use for Nebraska since they showed how much respect they really have for Oklahoma back in the '90s: 73-21 and 69-7.exactly

olevetonahill
2/21/2006, 06:40 AM
This F--ing hill billy did root for em befor whats his face and that other idiot came along then boo had to stick his face init :P
so to answer your ?
HELL NO :cool:

David Earl
2/21/2006, 07:43 AM
root for Nebraska when we aren't playing each other? The ND thread made me curious.

I know Callahan has certainly burnt some bridges (with NU fans too), but I think he is starting to learn more about the college game and our rivalry.

Just wondering.

Sorry dude. My love for NU is on hold until Callahan is gone. I just can't stand the guy.

AlbqSooner
2/21/2006, 07:59 AM
When Johnnie Rodgers won a Heisman Trophy in December after pulling an armed robbery of a gas station in July, and then make his INITIAL appearance in court on those charges in Mid January I lost respect for nebraska.
When player after player at nebraska had his criminal charges swept under the rug until after the bowl game year after year, I lost respect for nebraska. When OU fans attending the game in Lincoln, where the term Sooner Magic came true again as Keith caught the long ball, setting up the winning field goal, found their car windows broken and tires slashed, I lost respect for nebraska. When Saint Tom was voted in to the College Football Hall of Fame without having to be out of coaching the requried number of years because he ran such a clean program and Switzer was overlooked year after year, I lost respect for nebraska. When callahan and his crew made a mockery of whatever was good about nebraska, I lost respect for nebraska. That is a lot of respect to lose over the years. So, NO, I do not root for nebraska.

chriscappel
2/21/2006, 08:02 AM
I like to go for NU when they are not playing us (of course) but re-emphasizing what the other have said since Callahan came along I'm not liking them too much!

GDC
2/21/2006, 09:06 AM
I have always pulled for NU except against Oklahoma.

47straight
2/21/2006, 11:02 AM
When I first moved to Tejas, a member of the 94-95 Nebbish squads lived in the apartment next door. Complete and total *** about Oklahoma, and dogged on the program.

That, and in the late 90s, the Lohr kid from Tulsa jumping ship to Nebbish, then mysteriously developing severe acne while bulking up made me loose respect.

mrowl
2/21/2006, 11:17 AM
not anymore... when callahan is gone, I will consider it.

stonecoldsoonerfan
2/21/2006, 11:42 AM
i can't say i hate them, but i respect their program a lot less than i used to, for two reasons:

1) it turns out, the fact that nebraska fans were known as "classy" was related to the winning a lot more than i thought. now that things aren't so rosy, there seems to be quite a bit more envy and angst than i expected.

this pretty well sums it up for me.

Sooner Born & Sooner Bred
2/21/2006, 04:27 PM
I root for them to lose.... :D :P

tbl
2/22/2006, 01:51 PM

I agree 100% with every jot and tittle of this post (except for the lack of any capitalization).

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/22/2006, 01:55 PM
I agree 100% with every jot and tittle of this post (except for the lack of any capitalization).
:mad:

tbl
2/22/2006, 02:24 PM
Sorry! I'm a grammar queen... ;)

Harry Beanbag
2/22/2006, 02:39 PM
Sorry! I'm a queen.

:eek:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/22/2006, 02:50 PM
No. Callahan is an easy excuse to use currently, but I've had no use for Nebraska since they showed how much respect they really have for Oklahoma back in the '90s: 73-21 and 69-7.I think the good Dr. Tom(D, nebbish) had lots of pent up anger about the way Switzer owned him. I don't root FOR any team other than OU. I pull for whichever team would make the Sooners look best if they won( if they aren't in our recruiting area). The OU win streak is my first consideration. Second is recruiting. Third is making OU look best. Generally, not pulling for teams in the Big 12 or nearby states, because of recruiting.

PDXsooner
2/22/2006, 03:03 PM

:mad: ABC

there are a few caps to make you happy!

RiddlerOK
2/22/2006, 05:57 PM

Same here. Callenberger totally ruined the school. Just as bad as Schenellehan ruined Oklahoma in 1995.

RiddlerOK
2/22/2006, 06:00 PM
When Johnnie Rodgers won a Heisman Trophy in December after pulling an armed robbery of a gas station in July, and then make his INITIAL appearance in court on those charges in Mid January I lost respect for nebraska.
When player after player at nebraska had his criminal charges swept under the rug until after the bowl game year after year, I lost respect for nebraska. When OU fans attending the game in Lincoln, where the term Sooner Magic came true again as Keith caught the long ball, setting up the winning field goal, found their car windows broken and tires slashed, I lost respect for nebraska. When Saint Tom was voted in to the College Football Hall of Fame without having to be out of coaching the requried number of years because he ran such a clean program and Switzer was overlooked year after year, I lost respect for nebraska. When callahan and his crew made a mockery of whatever was good about nebraska, I lost respect for nebraska. That is a lot of respect to lose over the years. So, NO, I do not root for nebraska.

Now THERE'S a good litany of reasons to not like Nebraska!

Desert Sapper
2/22/2006, 10:21 PM
It used to be that I rooted for the Huskers except on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Callahan is classless. His 'Hillbillies' rant was ridiculous. Oranges don't hurt that bad. Boo Blake crashed the Sooner Schooner. If not for those two individuals, I would probably pull for the Huskers. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing you guys in the Big XII CG. Used to be I'd want it to be a good game. Now I just want us to be up by half a hundred at the half.

4everasooner
2/22/2006, 10:23 PM
no

cobrapilot
2/22/2006, 10:42 PM
Nebreska has always been one of my favorite rivalries. Too bad the big XII north and south divisions ended that rivalry as to a game every year.

It seemed that the Nebreska game was always for the big 8 championship, if not the national championship.

I still remember Nebreska fans holding up signs at the orange bowl (dont remember who they played New years Day 1972, i think Alabama) after Oklahoma earlier in the day beat Auburn in the Sugar Bowl.

The sign said two teams in red one will be blue We are Number 1 Oklahoma is number 2

sooner4life
2/23/2006, 02:13 AM
nope

Duke o Brewery
2/23/2006, 06:53 PM
Yes, I nearly always root for the Huskers. My three Big Red's are Oklahoma, Nebraska and Alabama.

Callahan, however, is an a$$. I'd love to see him get blindsided by Darren Delone and lose a few teeth. He has singlehandedly harmed the rivalry.

spaceman
2/24/2006, 12:54 AM
Not since the 2 Buffoons have been there...

AZOUFan
2/24/2006, 01:54 AM
See my post here...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22409&highlight=nebraska

BigCrimson32
2/24/2006, 01:58 AM
I respect the husker's tradition and what they've done, but like??

hell no, they talk about as much shish about OU as the OSUaggies

They've been good but we've obviously been better and NU envies that to the fullest

BOOMER!!!!

Salt City Sooner
2/24/2006, 02:07 AM
Lose Schnellahan & I'll get my 2nd favorite team back. Until then, NU is about a half notch above the horns.

WA. Sooner
2/24/2006, 06:28 AM
I agree with the above post^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sooner in Tampa
2/24/2006, 07:13 AM
**** the bugeaters...I hate them...I have hated them my entire 39 years of life, and I don't see that changing in the future.

Jason White's Third Knee
2/24/2006, 10:03 AM
I am in my mid thirties, so I was too young to enjoy a rivalry in the 70s-80s. I just wanted OU to kick their asses and that was final. I did not root for NU because they were our biggest obstacle.

The nineties really got me to detest nebraska. The way they ran up the score on us, all the while the press would talk about how classy their program was... eccch.

In the early 2000s I grew to appreciate nebraska and the renewed rivalry. I liked Solich and I liked the way his players acted. The Delone incedent and the 'hillbilly' comments took nebraska to a new low. It took a trip to Lincoln to see that nebraska actually had a great fan base. I'd definately make it a point to go back.

That being said, I'll root for nebraska. I hate the coach. All of the "shotgun" rhetoric. What a dick. Can someone please Delone that guy?

Desert Sapper
2/24/2006, 10:22 AM
The nineties really got me to detest nebraska. The way they ran up the score on us, all the while the press would talk about how classy their program was... eccch.

True. Their abuse of us during the Blake years was just disgusting. The fact that 'Dr.' Tom was sainted in the media and constantly made holier than the evil Barry Switzer made me regularly sick to my stomach. Particularly since Saint Thomas of Osborne had Christian Peter sexually assaulting girls, Lawrence Phillips assaulting his girlfriend, and other players committing lesser offenses at a relatively high rate. But Tom was perfect, right? Barry was the bad coach letting his players run wild on campus, right?

stonecoldsoonerfan
2/24/2006, 12:44 PM
Can someone please Delone that guy?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D