PDA

View Full Version : Keep the Change

soonerbrat
2/20/2006, 03:53 PM
Bank of America has a program called "keep the change". it's pretty cool...whenever you use your debit card, it rounds the charge up to the next whole dollar and puts the change part into a savings account. So, If i spent $23.68, it would put $.32 into my savings account and charge my checking account $24.

for the first 3 months they have been matching any keep the change amount I have. so far i've gained about $40 in my savings account..pretty cool.

Oldnslo
2/20/2006, 04:08 PM
So you're telling me you keep the change? (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=keeps+the+change)

SeattleOUstudent
2/20/2006, 04:09 PM
Okay, so BOA transferred .32 cents for you into your savings account? I can see the excitable part for the consumer (kinda) on this but really all its doing is something as simple as a money transfer. You can come into my (or any other bank)bank and set up an auto payment to send $x.xx/day/week/month from checking to savings. Its really nothing more than marketing a cash transfer.

Oh, I should mention I work for a direct compeditor of BOA....and BOA is the succ. :)

1stTimeCaller
2/20/2006, 04:10 PM
So you're telling me you keep the change? (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=keeps+the+change)

that's hawt:cool:

colleyvillesooner
2/20/2006, 04:13 PM
I just signed up for this as well.

1stTimeCaller
2/20/2006, 04:14 PM
I just signed up for this as well.

:eek:

soonerbrat
2/20/2006, 04:14 PM
Okay, so BOA transferred .32 cents for you into your savings account? I can see the excitable part for the consumer (kinda) on this but really all its doing is something as simple as a money transfer. You can come into my (or any other bank)bank and set up an auto payment to send $x.xx/day/week/month from checking to savings. Its really nothing more than marketing a cash transfer.

Oh, I should mention I work for a direct compeditor of BOA....and BOA is the succ. :)

it makes it easier to balance my checkbook too..i just round up my purchases to the nearest dollar amount.

colleyvillesooner
2/20/2006, 04:15 PM
:eek:

The program at the bank, you jackass :D

soonerbrat

shhhh..that was our little secret ;)

mdklatt
it makes it easier to balance my checkbook too..i just round up my purchases to the nearest dollar amount.

Doesn't this make it tougher to balance your savings account?

soonerbrat
2/20/2006, 04:16 PM
Doesn't this make it tougher to balance your savings account?

uh..no. i don't balance my savings account. it is what it is.

OUDoc
2/20/2006, 04:17 PM
The program at the bank, you jackass :D
http://www.junkbrosnews.com/images/Bank.jpg

Beef
2/20/2006, 04:17 PM
Accounting succs

mdklatt
2/20/2006, 04:19 PM
uh..no. i don't balance my savings account. it is what it is.

You'll rue the day when they credit a savings deposit as $63 instead of $163. Rue. The. Day.

KABOOKIE
2/20/2006, 04:22 PM
Protect your cornhole bud.....

:D

soonerbrat
2/20/2006, 04:28 PM
You'll rue the day when they credit a savings deposit as $63 instead of $163. Rue. The. Day.

i only have a couple hundred dollars in that savings account..i think i'll recognize a big error like that.

mdklatt
2/20/2006, 04:30 PM
i only have a couple hundred dollars in that savings account

Spoken like a true American. :D

soonerbrat
2/20/2006, 04:41 PM
Spoken like a true American. :D

i have another savings account at a credit union where i keep most of my savings..it has a better interest rate. i only keep that savings account in case of emergencies..i can't access the other one with a debit card.

Oldnslo
2/20/2006, 04:51 PM
shhhh..that was our little secret ;)
I don't care who knows!

mdklatt
2/20/2006, 04:59 PM
i have another savings account at a credit union where i keep most of my savings..it has a better interest rate.

What's the account number on something like that?

Hamhock
2/20/2006, 04:59 PM
i have another savings account at a credit union where i keep most of my savings..it has a better interest rate. i only keep that savings account in case of emergencies..i can't access the other one with a debit card.

HSBCDirect.com 4.8%

YWIA

soonerbrat
2/20/2006, 05:07 PM
What's the account number on something like that?

nice try :D

proud gonzo
2/20/2006, 06:20 PM
I would do that, but I already have a savings account and it isn't at bank of america.

I'm thinking of withdrawing it all, closing the account, and just buying savings bonds instead... I'm not going to spend it anytime soon anyway.

yermom
2/20/2006, 06:22 PM
sounds like a good plan, Bruce

Harry Beanbag
2/20/2006, 06:45 PM
I would do that, but I already have a savings account and it isn't at bank of america.

I'm thinking of withdrawing it all, closing the account, and just buying savings bonds instead... I'm not going to spend it anytime soon anyway.

Maybe you should buy a pair of galoshes with it instead. ;)

Frozen Sooner
2/20/2006, 06:47 PM

Er, like Series EE bonds or like real bonds?

Because if it's the second, you just got hotter. As if that was possible. ;)

SoonerInKCMO
2/20/2006, 07:56 PM
Er, like Series EE bonds or like real bonds?

Because if it's the second, you just got hotter. As if that was possible. ;)

Young chicks that invest in conservative old people securities make you hot? :confused:

;)

Frozen Sooner
2/20/2006, 08:17 PM
Young chicks that have enough in their savings to buy Treasury bonds?

You betcha.

Penguin
2/20/2006, 08:30 PM
Anybody use treasurydirect.gov?

Can anyone sign up for it or does it have to be offered by the employer?

ChickSoonerFan
2/20/2006, 08:30 PM

but they MATCH it...will you do that too?

Frozen Sooner
2/20/2006, 08:35 PM
Hee hee.

Your local credit union has a program called "A checking account without a minimum balance that doesn't charge you insance monthly maintenance fees and allows you to call as many times as you like per month." Based on their website, it doesn't appear that BofA offers that in Oklahoma.

They do have the Alaska Airlines mileage card pretty well locked up though. And don't have any branches up here. A-holes.

;)

proud gonzo
2/20/2006, 08:37 PM
Maybe you should buy a pair of galoshes with it instead. ;)
galoshes don't have any traction and far less agility than my shoes, thank you.

Harry Beanbag
2/20/2006, 08:51 PM
galoshes don't have any traction and far less agility than my shoes, thank you.

Yeah, but at least you wouldn't have wet cuffs. :)

OklahomaTrombone
2/20/2006, 09:07 PM
Hee hee.

Your local credit union has a program called "A checking account without a minimum balance that doesn't charge you insance monthly maintenance fees and allows you to call as many times as you like per month." Based on their website, it doesn't appear that BofA offers that in Oklahoma.

They do have the Alaska Airlines mileage card pretty well locked up though. And don't have any branches up here. A-holes.

;)

Thats because you guys aren't in 'Merica.

Duh.