PDA

View Full Version : So my roomate notified me that he was moving out via letter

royalfan5
2/20/2006, 03:45 PM
At least he told me I suppose, he was originally going to let the landlord tell me. The only thing that angers me know is that I turned down a sweet place to live so I wouldn't f'him over, and he eventually does the same thing to me. C'est la vie I suppose. At least I can take solace in the fact that with his lack of ambition, interpersonal skills, and unwillingness to take risks, he will be stuck in Lincoln forever, or at least until his data entry job is outsourced and he ends up working at Wal-Mart, while I will be elsewhere.

chriscappel
2/20/2006, 03:49 PM
well at least you're looking on the bright side eh?

Big Red Ron
2/20/2006, 03:51 PM
Roomates succ, then you get married.

NormanPride
2/20/2006, 03:51 PM
Dude, nobody deserves to be stuck in Lincoln. Not even the corn.

OUAndy1807
2/20/2006, 04:16 PM
what did you do to him again?

1stTimeCaller
2/20/2006, 04:17 PM
what did you do to him again?

you know the joke about camping and waking up with a sore rectum and not telling anyone?

Yep, he tried it....

Hamhock
2/20/2006, 04:17 PM
Did he actually mail it or just leave it on the fireplace mantle with a rose and a squirt of cologne?

usmc-sooner
2/20/2006, 04:18 PM
At least he told me I suppose, he was originally going to let the landlord tell me. The only thing that angers me know is that I turned down a sweet place to live so I wouldn't f'him over, and he eventually does the same thing to me. C'est la vie I suppose. At least I can take solace in the fact that with his lack of ambition, interpersonal skills, and unwillingness to take risks, he will be stuck in Lincoln forever, or at least until his data entry job is outsourced and he ends up working at Wal-Mart, while I will be elsewhere.

are you a girl, or are you gay? or am I missing something.

BeetDigger
2/20/2006, 04:18 PM
Who would ever want to give up a data entry job in Lincoln?

pb4ou
2/20/2006, 04:19 PM
heh

royalfan5
2/20/2006, 04:33 PM
are you a girl, or are you gay? or am I missing something.
He's gay, and as a result, dealing with him has messed with me a little bit.

mdklatt
2/20/2006, 04:35 PM
He's gay

I hope he was religious about putting a sock on the doorknob.

royalfan5
2/20/2006, 04:37 PM
I hope he was religious about putting a sock on the doorknob.
he's non-practing. Basically he is in a glass closet, and since he refuses to acknowlege himself, he became a gigantic drama queen. A rule of thumb for everyone, openly gay people much better to deal with than closeted gay people.

mdklatt
2/20/2006, 04:44 PM
Basically he is in a glass closet

Heh...glass closet. This guy I used to work with sort of came out to everybody one night. The rest of us thought it was common knowledge that he was gay, so we were all looking at each other trying to figure out if we were supposed to act surprised.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/20/2006, 05:44 PM
He's gay

Say no more, that explains it all...

Gay people tend not to make sense to most people unless you yourself are gay - NTTAWWT.

Like, I don't get that skater dudette with the swan outfit. Totally outside of my experience.

BeetDigger
2/20/2006, 05:47 PM
Your gay roommate is leaving and you are complaining? What am I missing?

What you need now is a Chinese female roommate who won't put out for you.

Frozen Sooner
2/20/2006, 05:50 PM
I don't see anything wrong with notifying you by letter. Gives him documented backup of when he stated his intent to vacate. Good move on his part.

royalfan5
2/20/2006, 05:54 PM
I don't see anything wrong with notifying you by letter. Gives him documented backup of when he stated his intent to vacate. Good move on his part.
See the thread about where he hasn't spoken to me for 6 weeks, that explains it better.

Beef
2/20/2006, 05:57 PM
Your gay roommate is leaving and you are complaining? What am I missing?

What you need now is a Chinese female roommate who won't put out for you.
Ouch.

Penguin
2/20/2006, 07:41 PM
Ooh. Actually, all you need is a nymphomaniac Chinese female gymnast who will put out for anyone but you.

Octavian
2/20/2006, 07:45 PM
He's gay, and as a result, dealing with him has messed with me a little bit.

thinkin about switching teams?

Jimminy Crimson
2/20/2006, 07:48 PM

He's already seen Brokeback, which I assume is step 2 or 3. :texan:

royalfan5
2/20/2006, 07:48 PM
No, but it makes me dread putting up with a woman eventually a little more. Course in that situation I might be gettin some.

SoonerBorn68
2/20/2006, 08:31 PM
No, but it makes me dread putting up with a woman eventually a little more. Course in that situation I might be gettin some.

Get married & that'll change...

Tailwind
2/20/2006, 08:51 PM
Seriously, with all the drama and then the silent treatment, didn't you see this coming?

VeeJay
2/20/2006, 09:04 PM
Wow! If I'd had a gay roommate, well...

Didn't people automatically assume you were, too?

That could be a problem.

And this reminds me - a girl I worked with a few years ago owned a condo in Miami and had a gay male roommie. She told some unbelieveable stories and this guy was a classic. His most famous conquest was Jim Nabors, in a hotel, in Cincinatti. She finally kicked him out when he and one of his sleep-overs went into a drug/alcohol rage and half the Miami Police Dept. showed up.

Wierd stuff, that gay life.

royalfan5
2/20/2006, 09:12 PM
Seriously, with all the drama and then the silent treatment, didn't you see this coming?I saw it coming, I just wanted to put off having to move until June, rather than having to move during a relatively busy period in my life. Mostly, I justed wanted to see if he would buck up and use his voice to tell me, or go about this way.

royalfan5
2/20/2006, 09:14 PM
Wow! If I'd had a gay roommate, well...

Didn't people automatically assume you were, too?

That could be a problem.

And this reminds me - a girl I worked with a few years ago owned a condo in Miami and had a gay male roommie. She told some unbelieveable stories and this guy was a classic. His most famous conquest was Jim Nabors, in a hotel, in Cincinatti. She finally kicked him out when he and one of his sleep-overs went into a drug/alcohol rage and half the Miami Police Dept. showed up.

It's not like the guy has a sign on his forhead that says I'm gay. Plus the guy is a recluse, and basically anybody he knows, also knows me, and that I dig tall girls with yainchy personalities.

VeeJay
2/20/2006, 09:20 PM
Oh, I didn't mean anything - I was just putting myself in your place. But I'm tellin' ya, back in my day, I'd never have lived that down.

If a chick is diggin' ya and then finds out your roomie is NTTAWWT, do they ask questions?

You'd probably have to nail them just to get them to not gossip. Which wouldn't be a bad thing.

In fact, it may be a good thing. "Here, let's go upstairs and I can prove to ya I'm not gay."

Heh.

royalfan5
2/20/2006, 09:28 PM
Oh, I didn't mean anything - I was just putting myself in your place. But I'm tellin' ya, back in my day, I'd never have lived that down.

If a chick is diggin' ya and then finds out your roomie is NTTAWWT, do they ask questions?

You'd probably have to nail them just to get them to not gossip. Which wouldn't be a bad thing.

In fact, it may be a good thing. "Here, let's go upstairs and I can prove to ya I'm not gay."

Heh.
Since I have lived with the guy, any time I was with a girl, I pretty much had the deal sealed, if I was going to seal, before they even met said roomate. He is afraid of people so, I didn't really have to deal with him intereacting with people I was trying to sell my product too.

Al Gore
2/20/2006, 09:52 PM
Ooh. Actually, all you need is a nymphomaniac Chinese female gymnast who will put out for anyone but you.Reminds me of a good story........

Al Gore
2/20/2006, 09:57 PM
His most famous conquest was Jim Nabors, in a hotel, in Cincinatti.When he bent over did he yell "GOLLY"????

VeeJay
2/21/2006, 09:01 AM
When he bent over did he yell "GOLLY"????

I think it was more like "SHAZAM!"

I got this information second hand, so there were at least two degrees of separation between my presence and the actual er...thang...that happened.

Mjcpr
2/21/2006, 09:06 AM

Stan, is this true?

:confused:

Fugue
2/21/2006, 11:31 AM
I just got around to reading this.
I'd let that letter stoke my next fire and then just keep on rockin' and not look back.

frankensooner
2/21/2006, 02:56 PM
I knew a girl in college and her dad was an airline pilot. Once on a long layover he was in an airport bar and Jim Nabors tried to pick him up...

Gomer sure does get around!

Mjcpr
2/21/2006, 02:57 PM
I knew a girl in college and her dad was an airline pilot. Once on a long layover he was in an airport bar and Jim Nabors tried to pick him up...

Gomer sure does get around!

Gomer was very close to Goober.

Just sayin'......

TUSooner
2/21/2006, 05:02 PM
How's he going to move out by letter? I'd reckon he'd need a truck or something, unless he doesn't have much stuff, I guess. :confused:

TUSooner
2/21/2006, 05:03 PM
I apologize for my previous lame post.

BajaOklahoma
2/21/2006, 07:31 PM
At least your roommate didn't beat the carp out of you because ran out of toilet paper.

Stitch Face
2/21/2006, 07:55 PM
he ends up working at Wal-Mart, while I will be elsewhere.

Target?

royalfan5
2/21/2006, 07:58 PM
Target?
probably migrant farm worker.

royalfan5
2/21/2006, 07:59 PM
At least your roommate didn't beat the carp out of you because ran out of toilet paper.
I am pretty sure I could take an anorexic gay guy if push came to shove.

Shamrock
2/21/2006, 08:27 PM
Brokeback Silo : The Lincoln Cornhole Edition

Fugue
2/23/2006, 09:25 AM
Brokeback Silo : The Lincoln Cornhole Edition

heh