PDA

View Full Version : SPECIAL Winter Olympics WAYLT thread.

TUSooner
2/20/2006, 11:50 AM
The other one's on p. 2 anyway.

Ray Charles "Moonlight in Vermont"

TUSooner
2/20/2006, 11:51 AM
Rod Stewart - "The Nearness of You"
Ol' Rod actually does those standards pretty well!

lexsooner
2/20/2006, 12:06 PM
So you thought there was no drama in the Winter Games? Too bad I missed it, but the ice dancing turned into one big drama, with three top contenders falling. The favorites Italians, skating in their home country, fell badly, and the paper today said she gave him a glare which could have burned holes in his eyes. She then burst into the obligatory tears in the hug and cry area off the ice. Another couple had to be carted off the ice.

I'm still looking for pictures of the Italian glare. Hey, this sure beats curling, huh?

TUSooner
2/20/2006, 12:08 PM
So you thought there was no drama in the Winter Games? Too bad I missed it, but the ice dancing turned into one big drama, with three top contenders falling. The favorites Italians, skating in their home country, fell badly, and the paper today said she gave him a glare which could have burned holes in his eyes. She then burst into the obligatory tears in the hug and cry area off the ice. Another couple had to be carted off the ice.

I'm still looking for pictures of the Italian glare. Hey, this sure beats curling, huh?

Dang. If I'd known there would be crashes and violence I would've watched.

Sue Raney - "Every Time We Say Goodbye"

lexsooner
2/20/2006, 12:16 PM
Dang. If I'd known there would be crashes and violence I would've watched.

Sue Raney - "Every Time We Say Goodbye"

Not only NASCAR-like crashes, but hard core dramatic, artsy, hissy fit emotions afterwards. It was like NASCAR or Indy 500 meets A Chorus Line.

I am sorry I missed it too. They reported the Italian woman's prolonged glare at her partner could have wilted a redwood.

Fugue
2/20/2006, 12:21 PM
Not only NASCAR-like crashes, but hard core dramatic, artsy, hissy fit emotions afterwards. It was like NASCAR or Indy 500 meets A Chorus Line.

I am sorry I missed it too. They reported the Italian woman's prolonged glare at her partner could have wilted a redwood.

A quick look a Tanith would unwilt it.

Ratt - Lay it Down
heh

proud gonzo
2/20/2006, 12:30 PM
I would have glared at him too--he fell/dropped her. they went from 1st to 6th.

actually it was 4 couples who fell, I think. And the other couple didn't have to be carted off the ice. the one girl's hands slipped and she went flying on the ice, landed on her hip really hard. Her partner carried her over to the bench and then they took her to the hospital on a stretcher, probably for x-rays.

Beef
2/20/2006, 12:31 PM
I had no idea they had Special Winter Olympics. Is it on TV?

Interpol - Take You On A Cruise

Fugue
2/20/2006, 02:22 PM
Let's get stoked.

Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills

lexsooner
2/20/2006, 08:06 PM
Yea! Americans Belbin and Agosto won the Silver medal in ice dancing. Belbin is HAWT. The Italians apparently made up, but finished out of the medals. I have not seen the film, but apparently the spill came near the end of their routine, and when they finished, they stood there facing each other. She first would not look at his eyes, staring towards the ice. He then went to one knee in a show of suplication. When he rose, she gave him a 20 second long hateful glare. They stared at each other for the longest time before they finally joined hands and acknowledged the crowd. If Italy allowed ice dancers to carry weapons, there would have been a killing on ice last night.