PDA

View Full Version : I'll say one thing for the Pokey's...

Okla-homey
2/20/2006, 09:03 AM
at least they don't let a little thing like "driving while schnockered on booze three times the legal limit while jacked-up on Vicoden and almost killing some people" get in the way of loyalty to their Eddie.:eddie:

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8770/zzzzzzzz060220b1osure24056b7ed.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

The worst part is their win vs. texass counts toward's Eddie's magic 800 cuz he's still the head coach.:mad:

crawfish
2/20/2006, 09:06 AM
Well, it's not like he made too many phone calls or something. :rolleyes:

Okla-homey
2/20/2006, 09:09 AM
Eddie love is a beautiful thing

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/934/zzzzzz060220b1osure24056osuban.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

jk the sooner fan
2/20/2006, 09:23 AM
i doubt we'd be any different if this happened to Stoops or Sampson...

Sutton admitted publicly he has a problem, and is seeking help for it..he's going to face the legal system. surely we dont expect the university to completely throw him under the bus?

TheHumanAlphabet
2/20/2006, 09:34 AM
Not under the bus, but close to it, maybe pinched by the bus wheels...

Mrs. THA said he didn't have any painkiller's in his system. He as been drinking a very long time and LosuR has been covering it up...

Has LosuR opened the checkbook for that lady's new Suburban and mdeical bills and mental trauma? I guess that is why OU's coaches drive leased vehicles, I don't think the University is involved in it at all.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/20/2006, 09:34 AM
Double post, lousy hotel "high speed" innerweb connection...

Paris is quite sunny and warm, i.e. 40 degrees F. Hope it lasts...

jk the sooner fan
2/20/2006, 09:39 AM
mental trauma? oh geez....

he has insurance, and any vehicle owned by the university is either self insured or under a fleet policy

she'll be taken care of

Okla-homey
2/20/2006, 09:54 AM
i doubt we'd be any different if this happened to Stoops or Sampson...

Sutton admitted publicly he has a problem, and is seeking help for it..he's going to face the legal system. surely we dont expect the university to completely throw him under the bus?

but JK, he only admitted to his problem AFTER he was busted.

jk the sooner fan
2/20/2006, 09:59 AM
but JK, he only admitted to his problem AFTER he was busted.

well thats typically how it works......most humans dont admit they have a problem of such magnitude until they are forced by circumstances

it would be nice if we did it of our own accord....you know, just wake up one morning having an epiphany "gee i think i'll go get help for my alcohol problem"

functional alcoholics are called "functional" for a reason

forgive me for not being rabid about Eddie Sutton - i do my best to not take pleasure in another mans misery....i'm not perfect in that endeavor but i do try....eddie sutton has never done anything to me, nor do i think he's done anything to the University of Oklahoma ...

we (as a group) tend to live in a glass house....we're quick to defend our players when they screw up, but a kid from another university does something similar and we're all over him like white on rice

for the sake of the Sutton family and the State of Oklahoma, i hope he gets the help he needs

Beef
2/20/2006, 10:04 AM
for the sake of the Sutton family and the State of Oklahoma, i hope he gets the help he needs
And for the sake of the other drivers in Stillwater. :eddie:

Kimberlyz4OU
2/20/2006, 10:07 AM
He certainly is old enough to know better. I do hope he gets the help that he needs and can overcome this. It's rather sad, I think.

But, I totally agree with jk, with the glass house thing. I've come to the conclusion, that if the latest "scandal" doesn't have anything to do with me or my immediate family I don't get to worked up about it.

sooneron
2/20/2006, 10:21 AM
I think it's time for ol Eddie to ride off into the sunset, in a sort of swerving zig zag fashion, of course.

Jimminy Crimson
2/20/2006, 10:40 AM
I think it's time for ol Eddie to ride off into the sunset, in a sort of swerving zig zag fashion, of course.

How many times would he run off into the ditch before he got to the sunset? :eddie:

nor do i think he's done anything to the University of Oklahoma

He's included in the group that turned in OU for basketball violations. Somehow though, OSU's phone records are nowhere to be found. :confused: Karma's a beyotch!

jk the sooner fan
2/20/2006, 10:41 AM
He's included in the group that turned in OU for basketball violations. Somehow though, OSU's phone records are nowhere to be found. :confused: Karma's a beyotch!

i knew this would come up.......if we dont have any violations, we have nothing to worry about huh?

JohnnyMack
2/20/2006, 10:42 AM
well thats typically how it works......most humans dont admit they have a problem of such magnitude until they are forced by circumstances

it would be nice if we did it of our own accord....you know, just wake up one morning having an epiphany "gee i think i'll go get help for my alcohol problem"

functional alcoholics are called "functional" for a reason

forgive me for not being rabid about Eddie Sutton - i do my best to not take pleasure in another mans misery....i'm not perfect in that endeavor but i do try....eddie sutton has never done anything to me, nor do i think he's done anything to the University of Oklahoma ...

we (as a group) tend to live in a glass house....we're quick to defend our players when they screw up, but a kid from another university does something similar and we're all over him like white on rice

I think this goes beyond Eddie being a drunk and a menace to society. It seems quite clear that LosuR's athletic department was very aware of the situation and was doing its best to cover it up. That's unconscienable in my mind. To allow the drinking to continue, to allow him to get behind the wheel of a car and almost kill someone while minutes before LosuR PD and some LosuR veteranarian.....errrrr.....doctors tend to him after he stumbles drunk into the parking lot and falls and hits his head and then, and then, they send him on his way!!!!! You think that the PD and the Dr.'s didn't think it was a bad idea to let el drunko get behind the wheel? Poor form. I hope someone in Stillwater has the balls necessary to make some tough decisions, like firing those who aided the drunk and not letting Sutton back to coach again.

Jimminy Crimson
2/20/2006, 10:43 AM
i knew this would come up.......if we dont have any violations, we have nothing to worry about huh?

Not saying the extra calls were right, but :eddie: has done the same. And he hid the phone records like he and osu hid his drinking problem.

sanantoniosooner
2/20/2006, 10:43 AM
Thank God we don't hold Switzer to the same standard we hold Eddie.

jk the sooner fan
2/20/2006, 10:48 AM
I think this goes beyond Eddie being a drunk and a menace to society. It seems quite clear that LosuR's athletic department was very aware of the situation and was doing its best to cover it up. That's unconscienable in my mind. To allow the drinking to continue, to allow him to get behind the wheel of a car and almost kill someone while minutes before LosuR PD and some LosuR veteranarian.....errrrr.....doctors tend to him after he stumbles drunk into the parking lot and falls and hits his head and then, and then, they send him on his way!!!!! You think that the PD and the Dr.'s didn't think it was a bad idea to let el drunko get behind the wheel? Poor form. I hope someone in Stillwater has the balls necessary to make some tough decisions, like firing those who aided the drunk and not letting Sutton back to coach again.

the university will have to deal with the decisions they made, no doubt....my point was that many of our fans are holding osu to a standard we'd refuse to hold OU too in the same set of circumstances

thats all...

TexasLidig8r
2/20/2006, 11:05 AM

uh... hemm... uh...

Man... sometimes I am glad I learned when to just keep my mouth shut (or my fingers OFF the keyboard)... and just.. well... read.

:eddie:

Mjcpr
2/20/2006, 11:09 AM
Man... sometimes I am glad I learned when to just keep my mouth shut (or my fingers OFF the keyboard)... and just.. well... read.

:eddie:

Those who live in glass houses with no black players shouldn't throw stones.

Okla-homey
2/20/2006, 11:24 AM
Personally, and this is just me, I think these cats should be held to a higher standard. How much are they paying Eddie?

I also think its one thing to ask for help before being busted, and copping to a problem after a very public scr3w-up.

jk the sooner fan
2/20/2006, 11:27 AM
I also think its one thing to ask for help before being busted, and copping to a problem after a very public scr3w-up.

yeah i agree it is better to do it before.....just saying realistically it doesnt happen often

as for a higher standard, he's human like the rest of us.....a higher salary doesnt change how fallible we can be

he's a public official obviously and he's going to be given a buttload of grief......no problem, thats how things go.....i just think (and my original point) that we shouldnt be surprised when the university and its fans actually support him thru his problems

just as we would do with our own....

TheHumanAlphabet
2/20/2006, 12:15 PM
Not saying the extra calls were right, but :eddie: has done the same. And he hid the phone records like he and osu hid his drinking problem.

He prolly used a cell phone and tossed it. Kelvin wasn't that smart...then, perhaps now he is.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/20/2006, 12:16 PM

Yeah, but that's what we loved about The King! Eddie is no King!