PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Williams vs. Eddie Sutton

tru2ou
2/20/2006, 08:24 AM
If Ricky Williams checks himself into a rehab clinic, I want to hear everyone who defended and asked for us to feel sorry for Eddie, say the same thing about Ricky Williams.

okienole3
2/20/2006, 08:37 AM
If the world turns out to be flat, then I want you to explain to us why it isn't round.

Crimsontothecore
2/20/2006, 08:17 PM
If Ricky Williams checks himself into a rehab clinic, I want to hear everyone who defended and asked for us to feel sorry for Eddie, say the same thing about Ricky Williams.
But you don't understand. It's only forgivable if it's an osu coach. I'm just glad he isn't a child molester. Imagine all those osu fans blaming the kids.

Jimminy Crimson
2/20/2006, 08:32 PM
I'm just glad he isn't a child molester.

We don't know that for sure!

:eddie:

Big Red Ron
2/20/2006, 09:20 PM
It's a disease, he's not at at fault.

Jimminy Crimson
2/20/2006, 10:06 PM
I wonder how many stillwater/osu cops have given :eddie: the cal hobson treatment?

Newbomb Turk
2/20/2006, 10:23 PM
Ricky Williams vs. Eddie Sutton really isn't a fair fight.

Crimsontothecore
2/21/2006, 07:26 PM
It's a disease, he's not at at fault.
Yeah, A disease you volunteer for. A disease that turns your car into a 3000 lb. weapon.
I just can't believe the insensitivity of Bernard....getting in the way of a diseased man trying to get to the airport.

SweetheartSooner
2/22/2006, 09:05 AM
It's not a disease... By calling it a disease, people are just feeding the monster that is alcoholism. Alcoholics chose to drink. Alcoholics chose to turn their backs on their friends, their families, and in Eddies case, his basketball team. A person cannot choose to have a disease.

Eddie deserves no sympathy. He could have killed somebody - all because he *he* wanted to drink. What a jerk. Furthermore, he's been down this road before, he lost his job at Kentucky. Apparently, this isn't the first time... sounds to me like Eddie's run out of second chances.

Crimsontothecore
2/22/2006, 07:38 PM
It's not a disease... By calling it a disease, people are just feeding the monster that is alcoholism. Alcoholics chose to drink. Alcoholics chose to turn their backs on their friends, their families, and in Eddies case, his basketball team. A person cannot choose to have a disease.

Eddie deserves no sympathy. He could have killed somebody - all because he *he* wanted to drink. What a jerk. Furthermore, he's been down this road before, he lost his job at Kentucky. Apparently, this isn't the first time... sounds to me like Eddie's run out of second chances.
Amen. I'm getting sick of hearing people excuse his actions due to back pain. Last time I checked, millions of people deal with pain without popping pills, hitting a bottle and then getting behind the wheel. Even worse was hearing his son Sean on the radio saying his dad was remorseful for backsliding after not having a drink for all these years. BULLS*** How stupid they must think people are that anyone would believe that was his first drink in "years". No doubt Sean and everyone else around the drunken idiot helped him hide it for God knows how long. A lot of people should be held accountable for enabling that sot.

Instant
2/22/2006, 10:41 PM

and yet everyone welcomed Dusty D for saying he had a "Disease"

Dusty could have killed someone too. This was not Dusty's first run in for his drinking.

His "Friend" was in a coma and yet Dusty was allowed back on the OU team.

Just saying if the shoe fits........

Crimsontothecore
2/23/2006, 12:15 AM

Dusty could have killed someone too. This was not Dusty's first run in for his drinking.

The difference is that one is a college student who screwed up and the other is a grown man in a position of authority whom parents entrust to set a good example for their kids. Not to mention the guy was fired from another university 17 years ago for his drinking problem. I would rather face a drunk guy in a bar than one who's behind the wheel of a 3000 lb. automobile.

birddog
2/23/2006, 12:28 AM
I think alot of kids look up to Dusty too. Age makes no difference.

Crimsontothecore
2/23/2006, 12:44 AM
I think alot of kids look up to Dusty too. Age makes no difference.
You don't expect a 60-something year old man to make wiser decisions than a college kid? I guess Eddie was just sowing his wild oats a little late huh?

Instant
2/23/2006, 09:54 AM
So Dusty's plan to was to get drunk beat a friend up and walk home?

BTW, Dusty was arrested in 2002 for Public Intoxication.

Sure you can use the excuse every college kid drinks.

Once you are 18 youre an adult.

18-100 your still an adult..

Age has nothing do to with it as birddogbbq said.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/23/2006, 10:02 AM
How about Godzilla vs Eddie Sutton after happy hour?

That could make a pretty good PS-2 game. You can score points for destroying buildings and bonus points for SBC signs.

walkoffsooner
2/23/2006, 10:14 AM
Dusty was a kid looking for a good time.Eddie is a drunk.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/23/2006, 10:44 AM
Dusty never went aggy! Eddie sold out many years ago. Why is he still there? I thought he had retired after last season.

Sevaer
2/23/2006, 10:45 AM
I live in Dallas and I have been just sitting back and observing the reaction of media and fans to Eddie Sutton's problems.

First, I am amazed how he just seems to get a pass on this. Sure, I feel sorry for him and his family, but now he must face the consequences. How can you continue to give him credit for wins when he's not coaching? That is simply unbelievable! The OSU fans and media contiune to put him on a pedastal and try to make him out to be somekind of basketball god.

Second, don't compare him to Dusty. Eddie Sutton is a state employee who is paid close to $1,000,000 per year. The OSU basketball court is even named after him. He is the emotional, teacher, mentor of these young men who he recurited to play major college basketball. Your talking apples to oranges in comparing Eddie to Dusty!

Also, he could of asked anyone for a ride to the airport. Do you think he would of had a hard time finding someone in Stillwater to give him a ride? I don't think so. There simply isn't any excuse for drinking and driving. All you have to do is look at the statistics each year to see how this destroys lives.

The truth of the matter is that regardless how the media and OSU fans try to cover for Eddie, his national legacy will end on him being a great coach but ending on the fact that he made poor choices and remembering his severe drinking problems, which resulted in a DUI injury accident.

Crimsontothecore
2/23/2006, 11:45 AM
I live in Dallas and I have been just sitting back and observing the reaction of media and fans to Eddie Sutton's problems.

First, I am amazed how he just seems to get a pass on this. Sure, I feel sorry for him and his family, but now he must face the consequences. How can you continue to give him credit for wins when he's not coaching? That is simply unbelievable! The OSU fans and media contiune to put him on a pedastal and try to make him out to be somekind of basketball god.

Second, don't compare him to Dusty. Eddie Sutton is a state employee who is paid close to $1,000,000 per year. The OSU basketball court is even named after him. He is the emotional, teacher, mentor of these young men who he recurited to play major college basketball. Your talking apples to oranges in comparing Eddie to Dusty!

Also, he could of asked anyone for a ride to the airport. Do you think he would of had a hard time finding someone in Stillwater to give him a ride? I don't think so. There simply isn't any excuse for drinking and driving. All you have to do is look at the statistics each year to see how this destroys lives.

The truth of the matter is that regardless how the media and OSU fans try to cover for Eddie, his national legacy will end on him being a great coach but ending on the fact that he made poor choices and remembering his severe drinking problems, which resulted in a DUI injury accident.
I couldn't agree more. Even if you excuse alcoholism as a disease, you can't excuse his SOBER decision to drink away from home knowing he would be driving. To say he got a free pass is an understatement. Stillwater is practically planning a parade in honor of drunk drivers.

CobraKai
2/23/2006, 11:51 AM

Dusty was disciplined, Eddie was not. Dusty was immediately kicked off the team, and proved he deserved a shot to return. How about Eddie? What if Stoops came out after the Dusty incident and said "We are all praying that Dusty's knuckles heal up so he can rejoin the team." That is basically what Eddie got. Talk to me about it when Eddie has completed his mandatory one year suspension and public reprimand.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/23/2006, 11:56 AM
Dusty was disciplined, Eddie was not. Dusty was immediately kicked off the team, and proved he deserved a shot to return. How about Eddie? What if Stoops came out after the Dusty incident and said "We are all praying that Dusty's knuckles heal up so he can rejoin the team." That is basically what Eddie got. Talk to me about it when Eddie has completed his mandatory one year suspension and public reprimand.

Greatness!

Crimsontothecore
2/23/2006, 12:23 PM
Ditto!

Soonerwake
2/23/2006, 01:08 PM
I'm sure it has been said, but I can't get over the fact that he is a state employee, was driving a state-owned vehicle, and on state time, while being drunk. His actions not only injured himself, the before-mentioned state vehicle, but an innocent person and her property. How many other state employees/officials would be getting this type of treatment? What would be the sentiment if this had happened to Brad Henry or Bob Stoops? How about the poor guy who works for the Dept. of Corrections?

CobraKai
2/23/2006, 02:24 PM
I'm sure it has been said, but I can't get over the fact that he is a state employee, was driving a state-owned vehicle, and on state time, while being drunk. His actions not only injured himself, the before-mentioned state vehicle, but an innocent person and her property. How many other state employees/officials would be getting this type of treatment? What would be the sentiment if this had happened to Brad Henry or Bob Stoops? How about the poor guy who works for the Dept. of Corrections?

That is an interesting point. I would guess that any other state employee caught drinking on the job would be disciplined in some way. Especially if he then committed a felony and wrecked a state-owned vehicle. I know that would get me fired.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/23/2006, 02:36 PM
That is an interesting point. I would guess that any other state employee caught drinking on the job would be disciplined in some way. Especially if he then committed a felony and wrecked a state-owned vehicle. I know that would get me fired.

it did ;)

CobraKai
2/23/2006, 02:39 PM
it did

I resemble that remark! At least I brought you down with me. Friggin telecom...

birddog
2/23/2006, 06:22 PM
Thousands of college kids drive drunk every year. Thousands of adults drive drunk every year. Mistakes are mistakes. Doesn't mean it's right.Sometimes you wreck, sometimes you don't. It is what it is.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/24/2006, 12:52 AM
Sutton is aggy. Williams is whorn. Dusty is a smart, good guy. Here we have rotten eggs, limburger cheese, and sirloin steak.