PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Williams tests positive again

mikee likee
2/19/2006, 10:50 PM
SI.com -- Dolphins' running back Ricky Williams has again tested positive for drug use, according a to the Miami Hearld, a violation that could result in a one-year suspension under the league's substance abuse policy.

The Hearld cited two sources saying that Williams tested positive for a fourth time, but neither would disclose what substance Williams used. He had tested positive for marijuana on three previous occasions.

Marijuana use was a major contributor in Williams walking away from football in 2004, just days before the start of Dolphins' training camp.

He returned to the NFL last season, and was forced to sit out the first four games and was fined four weeks pay for his second and third substance abuse violations.

The 1998 Heisman winner also tested positive in December 2003 and in the '04 offseason.

Williams rushed for 743 yards and six touchdowns in 12 games this season, ending a streak of four consecutive 1,000-yard seasons.

My Hero.....

Oldnslo
2/19/2006, 10:55 PM
I'm shocked. SHOCKED!

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/19/2006, 10:55 PM
what a dumba$$

BASSooner
2/19/2006, 11:12 PM
Poor guy...hung out with a bad crowd in college...

SeattleOUstudent
2/19/2006, 11:56 PM
Man, first Eddie Sutton....now THIS!

Im starting to think that people really CANT change :(

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/20/2006, 01:53 AM
He's just a goof-ball whorn. What should anyone expect?

Octavian
2/20/2006, 02:18 AM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/4483/ricky3yq.th.jpg (http://img69.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ricky3yq.jpg)

props to pb4ou.

yermom
2/20/2006, 03:25 AM
wow.

who needs millions of dollars when you can have weed?

if he wasn't a whorn and a Dolphin, i might feel sorry for him, maybe ;)

SoonerBorn68
2/20/2006, 04:59 AM
http://www.geocities.com/soonerborn91/farks/rickychong.jpg

Seamus
2/20/2006, 05:24 AM
Bongwhorn. :cool:

Penguin
2/20/2006, 05:39 AM
What an idiot.

Fugue
2/20/2006, 08:56 AM
what's this thread about? I can't seem to look away from mikee likee's av. :eek:

TheHumanAlphabet
2/20/2006, 09:23 AM
Ricky is a poster child for weed killing brain cells and people making bad decisions when smoking the ganja! Let's see, no weed ain't dangerous, it just impares thinking to the point that getting more weed > than making millions of dollars. Not harmful at all...

Crimson Kid
2/20/2006, 09:40 AM
Let's see? millions of dollars, or smoking pot all day, hmmm?

Stupid stupid stupid.

And im a dolphins fans. :(

CobraKai
2/20/2006, 10:15 AM
So will his backup's rushing yards continue to accrue on his rushing totals until he returns?

sooneron
2/20/2006, 10:29 AM
Drugs are bad, mmkay?

http://www2.visalia.k12.ca.us/greenacres/ga_webpages/staff/images/wpe14.gif

Okieflyer
2/20/2006, 10:30 AM
One thing you can say is he'll be gone, and should be. But pot doesn't effect performance on the field. It's just too bad Barry Bonds couldn't be gone for cheating.

TripleOption14
2/20/2006, 10:53 AM
NO ONE should be surprised at this. The ONLY reason he came back in the first place was so he didn't have to pay back that $8 mil. I'm not for sure but I think he was in the clear as far as paying back the money at the end of the year. So... let's see. "How can i get kicked out of the league and go back to doing what i really want to do?" DING DING DING. We'll never hear from this guy again unless its for getting picked up for drug poss. or going to jail. Ricky Williams = Done and Done!

imjebus
2/20/2006, 11:00 AM
Ricky is a poster child for weed killing brain cells and people making bad decisions when smoking the ganja! Let's see, no weed ain't dangerous, it just impares thinking to the point that getting more weed > than making millions of dollars. Not harmful at all...

Just for the record weed does not kill brain cells. As far as making bad decisions... not everybody that makes bad decisions is on weed. He's an idiot period I don't think the weed made that happen...

sooner_champak
2/20/2006, 11:06 AM
in the espn article his mother says she is unaware of him taking weed and that he is in india doing yoga. She speculated that he could have tested positive for a legal supplement he is taking in connection with his yoga studies.

as far as i know while doing yoga u don't need to take supplements and especially in india nobody teaches yoga and makes their students take supplements. yoga is all about body and breathing exercises.

maybe he is doing the weed breathing exercise there.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/20/2006, 11:59 AM
Just for the record weed does not kill brain cells. As far as making bad decisions... not everybody that makes bad decisions is on weed. He's an idiot period I don't think the weed made that happen...

Not a medical doctor, but I would question that. I think any intoxicant would kill brain cells.

XingTheRubicon
2/20/2006, 12:02 PM
Another Joe Don Looney it seems.....

Don't buy a motorcycle, Ricky.

slickdawg
2/20/2006, 12:02 PM
Once a whorn, always a whorn.

I couldn't have said it better.

XingTheRubicon
2/20/2006, 12:05 PM

Just for the record, sleeping kills brain cells.

Weed, alcohol, and other legal and illegal substances kill brain cells at an accelerated rate.

XingTheRubicon
2/20/2006, 12:07 PM
Here's some info

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=SNYC,SNYC:2004-14,SNYC:en&q=does+weed+kill+brain+cells

Herr Scholz
2/20/2006, 12:22 PM
Very sad. He's a numbskull as well as selfish. Way to think about your 3 kids, Ricky.

Jason White's Third Knee
2/20/2006, 12:26 PM
Positive for what? Homosexuality.

Sorry. I miss that geigh thread something fierce.

tbl
2/20/2006, 12:37 PM
I didn't realize he had three kids. That only compounds what an idiot he is.

Herr Scholz
2/20/2006, 12:39 PM
I didn't realize he had three kids. That only compounds what an idiot he is.
With 3 different women.

imjebus
2/20/2006, 12:42 PM
Just for the record, sleeping kills brain cells.

Weed, alcohol, and other legal and illegal substances kill brain cells at an accelerated rate.

This article says study's now prove that it stimulates brain cell growth.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20051014/marijuana_study_051014/20051014?hub=Health

I can't find the article I was looking for, but I saw one that was talking about weed only numbing brain cells instead of killing them. Once the drug wears off the cells return to normal.. But I can't find it so oh well...

I'm not saying that it doesn't have negative effects but I don't believe it kills brains cells like :eddie: kills brain cells...

usmc-sooner
2/20/2006, 01:23 PM
This article says study's now prove that it stimulates brain cell growth.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20051014/marijuana_study_051014/20051014?hub=Health

I can't find the article I was looking for, but I saw one that was talking about weed only numbing brain cells instead of killing them. Once the drug wears off the cells return to normal.. But I can't find it so oh well...

I'm not saying that it doesn't have negative effects but I don't believe it kills brains cells like :eddie: kills brain cells...

that's why all the potheads are such mental giants, they all come up with brilliant ideas like dude what did I get up and go to the kitchen for.

Herr Scholz
2/20/2006, 01:25 PM
that's why all the potheads are such mental giants, they all come up with brilliant ideas like dude what did I get up and go to the kitchen for.
I guess you don't like rock music or literature or art in general?

tbl
2/20/2006, 01:29 PM
Good point. Not all people that smoke pot are "potheads". Even so, there are some very influential "potheads" out there. It's not the weed; it's Ricky.... and the saxeT education. ;)

Octavian
2/20/2006, 01:36 PM
see how destructive Ricky is....

he's dividing the drinkers and the smokers on a message board several states away from his NFL team

nope...he definetly shouldn't get a motorcycle

Stitch Face
2/20/2006, 01:47 PM
I'm not saying that it doesn't have negative effects but I don't believe it kills brains cells like [alcohol] kills brain cells...

He's right.

Alcohol damages the brain a lot faster than does marijuana, and smoking wacky tobaccy in "moderation" (a relative term, I know) is a lot safer in the long run than smoking plain-old tobaccy.

usmc-sooner
2/20/2006, 01:59 PM
I guess you don't like rock music or literature or art in general?

what?

all I said is weed makes you dumb. Yeah I know a lot of celebrities do drugs but it wasn't weed that made them talented. It sure wasn't the reason that Ricky was so talented. I've been around enough guys smoking weed that I can guarentee you it doesn't make you smarter.

It's usually a college thing most people grow up and out of it. For those who can't let it go it is an addiction.

I can't imagine a grown *** man 30 years old with kids of any occupation that would want to walk around stoned and put weed before a job or his family. If so then you're addicted and weak.

Herr Scholz
2/20/2006, 02:04 PM
what?
Many talented and creative people throughout history have smoked weed. You can't tell me we're all not better off because of Pink Floyd's 'Far Side of the Moon' and I can guarantee you they were high the whole time they made that. Because it doesn't fit into your lifestyle doesn't make it inherently bad.

Now, some people like Ricky obviously have a problem abusing it. His situation is pathetic.

usmc-sooner
2/20/2006, 02:15 PM
yeah but it isn't weed that makes you talented and creative.

I don't care if people smoke weed I just think your weak and pathetic if you're an adult and still trying to do what you did in college, including binge drinking. I would rather be driving on the road with a bunch of pot heads than a bunch of drunks.

snp
2/20/2006, 02:26 PM
Maybe we're underestimating Ricky.

He wanted to quit the NFL, so he did. The Dolphins wanted the 8 million dollar signing bonus back, so Ricky comes for one year. Then legally gets kicked out of the NFL for a year and he keeps the bonus.

No, he was probably eating cheetos and watching a laser light show and forgot he was in the NFL and wasn't allowed to smoke pot.

And I see this thread degenerating into a weed arguement.

Herr Scholz
2/20/2006, 02:28 PM
Some musicians and doctors say it helps the creative process:

http://www.marijuana-uses.com/essays/028.html
http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v10n3/v10n3.pdf#search='marijuana%20creativity'
http://www.projectcork.org/bibliographies/data/Bibliography_Creativity.html

usmc-sooner
2/20/2006, 02:38 PM
all the guys I was ever around that were high thought the same as well, it just didn't seem so from where I was sitting.

but by all means drink your gin and tonica and smoke your marijuanica

I don't consider folks like Keith Richards and Willie Nelson real brainiacs

CobraKai
2/20/2006, 02:59 PM
You can't tell me we're all not better off because of Pink Floyd's 'Far Side of the Moon' and I can guarantee you they were high the whole time they made that.

I thought Roger Watters said that they wrote that album while on an acid trip? Jim Morrison wrote most of his music while stoned as well, although weed was not his drug of choice either.

I think anything that lowers your inhibitions probably results in more creativity, and I would also guess that anything that fundamentally alters your brain function could cause you to "think outside the box." By the same token it is not far fetched to think that a chemical that alters your brain function could also cause you to do stupid @#$% too. Of course I'm not a medical doctor, so I may be completely full of @$#%. I do know that I am addicted to caffeine, and it definitely increases my brain function!

TheGodfather889
2/20/2006, 03:00 PM
I think Ricky Williams is suffering from amotivational syndrome. By the way,I wonder where his Heisman Trophy is?

Octavian
2/20/2006, 03:02 PM
you people that bash on pot certainly dont work for the good folks at Frito Lay...where would they be if you got your way? :rolleyes:

Soonerman08
2/20/2006, 03:04 PM
Some musicians and doctors say it helps the creative process:

http://www.marijuana-uses.com/essays/028.html
http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v10n3/v10n3.pdf#search='marijuana%20creativity'
http://www.projectcork.org/bibliographies/data/Bibliography_Creativity.html

Of course the Whorns jump to the defense of their dumba$$ Heisman Trophy Hero. Foolish whorns.

TripleOption14
2/20/2006, 03:20 PM
He's right.

Alcohol damages the brain a lot faster than does marijuana

Dat kant be riet. Cuz iz ben drenkin 4 a lon time annd my rithmatic annd spelin iz grate!

Octavian
2/20/2006, 03:26 PM
doleo?

Herr Scholz
2/20/2006, 03:50 PM
Of course the Whorns jump to the defense of their dumba$$ Heisman Trophy Hero. Foolish whorns.
I guess you didn't actually read the thread. Among other things, I criticized him for being a bad parent, sad and pathetic.

I was speaking to the inherent evil of pot in general.

TheGodfather889
2/20/2006, 03:55 PM
Ricky's a parent? I thought the hippie lettuce lowered your sperm count.:D

Seamus
2/20/2006, 04:25 PM
You can't tell me we're all not better off because of Pink Floyd's 'Far Side of the Moon'

One of my favorite albums. I also like Floyd's "The Window," The Beatles' "Col. Salt's Lonely Hearts Club Band," and "Dog Itch Influenza" by Ted Nugent.

imjebus
2/20/2006, 04:31 PM

I don't care if people smoke weed I just think your weak and pathetic if you're an adult and still trying to do what you did in college, including binge drinking. I would rather be driving on the road with a bunch of pot heads than a bunch of drunks.

I think anybody that has to have either weed or alcohol, or any drug for that matter (including coffee) to function on a day to day basis is weak....

I don't think that weed makes you talented or creative but I can tell you from experience that it can definately inspire the creative process. :cool:

JaminT
2/20/2006, 05:04 PM
President Clinton and Bush, along with General George Washington all have ties to marijuana.
Narrowmindedness, now that seems to be an afliction of the sober.

USMC, there are a lot of things that may seem weak to you. Taking orders although you don't agree with them is certainly weak in my book, although it is a means of survival in your world.

Pot doesn't make you stupid, assuming things are bad because the government can't find a way to tax them makes you stupid!!!!

Octavian
2/20/2006, 05:09 PM
USMC, there are a lot of things that may seem weak to you. Taking orders although you don't agree with them is certainly weak in my book...

Im pro-legalization but thats the weakest thing I've heard today.

(and I've been knee deep in political threads)

TheHumanAlphabet
2/20/2006, 05:38 PM
Good question, where is Ricky's Heisman...We know where Billy's is. Wonder is ole ricky pawned it off for a score...

Herr Scholz
2/20/2006, 05:44 PM
Good question, where is Ricky's Heisman...We know where Billy's is. Wonder is ole ricky pawned it off for a score...
I believe he gave it to his mother (along with the annual Heisman vote that goes along with it).

OU-HSV
2/20/2006, 05:56 PM
What a waste of athletic ability. Effin loser.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/21/2006, 12:40 AM
I believe he gave it to his mother (along with the annual Heisman vote that goes along with it).

Interesting, does she know anything about football?

AlbqSooner
2/21/2006, 08:21 AM
I can't believe that hit thread is six pages and no one has corrected the error, with several repeating it.
Pink Floyd had a killer album called Dark Side of the Moon. Not familiar with the one metioned here.

I smoked my share as well as the share of those who chose not to for a number of years and can tell you that while pot did not make me smarter it did not seem to make me a lot dumber either.

Two worst things I can say about pot are:
With drug testing in today's marketplace it can cost you a career, and;
It does provide the aforementioned "Amotivational syndrome".

Spent many an afternoon with a stack of vinyl on the turntable (yeah, I am old), a bong, and a great set of speakers. The projects I had planned for the day just didn't seem as important.

USMC makes some good points, but I have to differ on the matter of including weakness with addiction. True addiction, whether alcohol or other substances is not a sign of weakness. People say alcoholics are weak and lack will power, but a true alcoholic can find a drink on Sunday morning in a dry county in Kansas. That takes tremendous will power and strength. Strength and will power are not the keys to overcoming an addiction. If they were, lots of addicts would be former addicts.

tennsooner
2/21/2006, 08:46 AM
This was all explained by his Mother on the sports talk radio station this morning. Seems his Mother claims it isn't pot but is infact just a secret ingredient in her good old home cooking.(don't eat the brownies Ricky):D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Herr Scholz
2/21/2006, 10:56 AM
This was all explained by his Mother on the sports talk radio station this morning. Seems his Mother claims it isn't pot but is infact just a secret ingredient in her good old home cooking.(don't eat the brownies Ricky):D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Reports today (leaked info) say it wasn't pot he tested positive for.

The substance discovered is not known publicly but a source told ESPN.com's Clayton that the drug for which Williams was said to have tested positive was not marijuana.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2337598

snp
2/21/2006, 11:35 AM
I can't believe that hit thread is six pages and no one has corrected the error, with several repeating it.
Pink Floyd had a killer album called Dark Side of the Moon. Not familiar with the one metioned here.

I smoked my share as well as the share of those who chose not to for a number of years and can tell you that while pot did not make me smarter it did not seem to make me a lot dumber either.

Sure you still aren't hitting the bong? ;)

yermom
2/21/2006, 12:07 PM
Reports today (leaked info) say it wasn't pot he tested positive for.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2337598

maybe it was poppy seeds :D

47straight
2/22/2006, 12:50 AM
I think anybody that has to have either weed or alcohol, or any drug for that matter (including coffee) to function on a day to day basis is weak....

I'm sure the diabetics and cancer patients will be glad to know that you call them "weak." Same goes for people who actually work for a living and raise a family and use some 100% colombian brew.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/22/2006, 09:53 AM
Okay, what isn't publicly known??? peyote? frog mucus? special mushrooms? I'm interested...

But is it illegal?

GDC
2/22/2006, 10:07 AM
He just needs to move to Amsterdam.

Seamus
2/22/2006, 12:04 PM

See post 51, this thread.

Also, see "sarcasm," any dictionary ... :mack: