PDA

View Full Version : Myspace Illiteracy

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/18/2006, 06:09 PM
Got this message. I need a translator:

hello how sre you i think everithin is fine ok anyway am hamidumusah am from ghana ok am lokin serios friend ok if you repry me i well tell you more about me ok goodbyeeee

BoogercountySooner
2/18/2006, 06:11 PM
Him say he love you long time!

ChickSoonerFan
2/18/2006, 06:13 PM
translation

I am a loser

Mjcpr
2/18/2006, 06:22 PM
I am a loser

The Chickley choice isn't scoring you a lot of points, but I wouldn't go this far.

;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/18/2006, 06:22 PM
That isn't very nice, I just wanted to be her friend :(

LoyalFan
2/18/2006, 10:57 PM
Dare I say it? OK, I will!

Some of us here on SoonerFans (so well as many other boards, Sooner related or not,) come perilously near emulating the communicative disabilities referenced in the initial post in this thread.

Spelling is our greatest weakness, collectively speaking. However, in all fairness, I'd hazard to say that much of that particular failing can be attributed to HITS(Haste In Typing Syndrome).

LF

OU-HSV
2/18/2006, 10:59 PM
Yeah I've had some wierd myspace messages since I set a profile up there. I delete the ones that look wierd.

SicEmBaylor
2/18/2006, 11:00 PM
Apparently I set up a myspace account but I don't remember doing it. And I damned sure didn't want one so I've tried to delete the account but it won't go away!

the_ouskull
2/19/2006, 02:29 AM
Then you're either not bright or not actually trying. Deleting an account is pretty simple. It's answered in the FAQ's.

Also, as for the original message, it looks about par for the MySpace course to me... prompting this eassy I wrote a while back.

---------

My Sort-Of New Blog...

This excerpt is from a conversation between one of my favorite writers (Bill Simmons on ESPN.com's Page 2) and one of his favorite writers... (Some guy...)

[Them] "New Media will never replace Old Media, because New Media couldn't exist without Old Media; they would have nothing to link to. But the net result is that all people are starting to assume that the media is inherently useless and that there is absolutely no difference between news and entertainment. This will make the coming generation even more cynical than the current one, which is mostly bad (but not necessarily tragic). I think this is why so many teenagers are obsessed with things like myspace.com: They have lost interest in the world at large, so they've decided to just build an interior culture where they are the sole focus."

Then I add my own to that... The reason that they do this is, them, and the things that matter to them, are of very, very little "real" value, be it "World Of Warcraft," or who the cute guy from "The OC" is dating, etc... but to them, those things are important, so, rather than admit to themselves that they're practically worshipping at the altar of apathy and indifference to a falsely valued idol, they create a world; a subculture, where those things ARE important, and then just walk around hiding behind their trendy clothes and makeup (both genders) and claim that they're misunderstood when it's really their fault for assigning value to things that are worthless...

----------

They were talking about the transition from Generation X (early-mid 90's) to the Internet Generation (late-90's to present) and asking what the next generation would be called; what its values would be...

...but I already answered that one, no? =) It's Generation "Why?" I'll repost that rant as soon as I find it.

http://blogs.newsok.com/index.php?blog=19&p=263&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1 ...and there's "that rant." (It's a long read, but if ignorant little sh*ts have ever made you feel even older than you feel you should, you may want to take a gander. Please feel free to comment as well as I am a comment whore... :D)

the_ouskull

SicEmBaylor
2/19/2006, 02:43 AM
Then you're either not bright or not actually trying. Deleting an account is pretty simple. It's answered in the FAQ's.

Also, as for the original message, it looks about par for the MySpace course to me... prompting this eassy I wrote a while back.

---------

My Sort-Of New Blog...

This excerpt is from a conversation between one of my favorite writers (Bill Simmons on ESPN.com's Page 2) and one of his favorite writers... (Some guy...)

[Them] "New Media will never replace Old Media, because New Media couldn't exist without Old Media; they would have nothing to link to. But the net result is that all people are starting to assume that the media is inherently useless and that there is absolutely no difference between news and entertainment. This will make the coming generation even more cynical than the current one, which is mostly bad (but not necessarily tragic). I think this is why so many teenagers are obsessed with things like myspace.com: They have lost interest in the world at large, so they've decided to just build an interior culture where they are the sole focus."

Then I add my own to that... The reason that they do this is, them, and the things that matter to them, are of very, very little "real" value, be it "World Of Warcraft," or who the cute guy from "The OC" is dating, etc... but to them, those things are important, so, rather than admit to themselves that they're practically worshipping at the altar of apathy and indifference to a falsely valued idol, they create a world; a subculture, where those things ARE important, and then just walk around hiding behind their trendy clothes and makeup (both genders) and claim that they're misunderstood when it's really their fault for assigning value to things that are worthless...

----------

They were talking about the transition from Generation X (early-mid 90's) to the Internet Generation (late-90's to present) and asking what the next generation would be called; what its values would be...

...but I already answered that one, no? =) It's Generation "Why?" I'll repost that rant as soon as I find it.

http://blogs.newsok.com/index.php?blog=19&p=263&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1 ...and there's "that rant." (It's a long read, but if ignorant little sh*ts have ever made you feel even older than you feel
you should, you may want to take a gander. Please feel free to comment as well as I am a comment whore... :D)

the_ouskull

Well, I have followed the directions up to and including checking my e-mail for the confirmation and clicking on the link ;-). I've managed to press on to the point of clicking the little button to confirm deleting the account. I have now waited 48 hours and my account is still there.

So, I'm repeating the process.

SicEmBaylor
2/19/2006, 02:45 AM
Nevermind, it's finally gone.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/19/2006, 11:04 AM
I'm guess Mr. Ghanan is looking for some American bride to be his wife and bring him legit to the U.S.

That's my take...