PDA

View Full Version : Michael Neal,lord of the trifecta

stoopified
2/18/2006, 05:24 PM
This guy has just been incredible with his three point shot.The past 5 or 6 games he has been as good from 3 as any Sooner I have seen,includung Evans,Erdman,Minor.

Here is hoping that the team gets their $hit together on D quickly.Toays' game featured no D by OU whatsoever(thus no d in today).This game was the second straight lackluster ,lame defensive effort in a row and MUST be corrected immediately.

When Neal put up that 3 I just knew we were going to get shafted again(KU deja vu).Thankfully we got the call at home.Was anyone else amused by Neal ushering his teammates away on his freethrows?

Not a great game but it was exciting.I am tired of all these exciting OU games and am ready for OU to blopw some people out.BTW anyone tell me why we could play great D on ISU's final shot and not have a clue the rest of the game?

Big Red Ron
2/18/2006, 05:30 PM
A Sooner Legend is born. He is the first OU Basketball player I would love to buy a beer and get an autograph of since Hollis Price.

oumartin
2/18/2006, 05:36 PM
Dude is money

Cam
2/18/2006, 05:37 PM
You'd think his outside shooting would open up the inside more than it has.

You've got to figure the law of averages will eventually catch up and we'll put both facits of the offensive game together and just crush an equal team.

Taxman71
2/19/2006, 08:50 AM
[QUOTE=Cam]You'd think his outside shooting would open up the inside more than it has.QUOTE]

You would think. However, Iowa St left him alone the entire first half, we just didn't get the ball to him every time. They made an effort to make us beat them outside as neither Taj or Bookout (or Griffin) got any decent looks down low. I just hope our defense doesn't keep wasting career efforts by Neal. He should be playing himself into all big 12 company.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/19/2006, 11:02 AM
Neal's preformance was as clutch as any I've EVER seen from a Sooner including Hollis. Being that they guy pretty much nearly died a few years ago he might have a little different perspective on pressure than I do but that was Sooner Magic on the court.

josh09
2/19/2006, 01:19 PM
he truly is awesome

josh09
2/19/2006, 01:20 PM
J.J. who?

CtheB
2/19/2006, 02:20 PM
Funny, we knew the kid would be good, is it possible this kid may make the All Conference team ahead of Gray, and whod've thunk it at the beginning of the season?

King Crimson
2/19/2006, 02:46 PM
he won't make first team AC ahead of Roby, Gibson, Curry, Stinson etc. he might get a newcomer look (rush, probably) or hon. mention.

Big Red Ron
2/19/2006, 03:04 PM
Curry & Neal wont make the first team but Everett will.

oumartin
2/19/2006, 07:12 PM
Everett is leading the conference in assists.

And boneheaded turnovers!

NormanPride
2/20/2006, 11:32 AM
He's been a lot better this year than last year...

I'd say our inside game hasn't opened up because people know that if they DO let it open up, that's when we beat people by 20. Look, Neal was hot today, and we won by ONE POINT. If he ever cools down, or misses just one more shot, that's a loss. Why change your defense when you're in position to win at the end? No, we need Everett to hit more. We need Godbold to hit more. We need AJ to hit more. They did in this game, but our terrible D prevented us from taking advantage of a great offensive night.