PDA

View Full Version : To those of you who left early.....

OUAndy1807
2/18/2006, 04:15 PM
Don't come back.

Seriously.

I thiink you might be jinxy.

Taxman71
2/18/2006, 04:17 PM
Agreed. It wasn't as though you saved time getting home considering the roads were icy and the parking lot was only half full anyway.

Then again, thanks for showing up in the first place. Students suck.

Frozen Sooner
2/18/2006, 04:22 PM
Sorry.

John Kochtoston
2/18/2006, 04:25 PM
For future reference -
The cue for permission to leave the LNC is either:
1) The buzzer sounding with 0:00 left in the final period of play.
2) Kellen Sampson reporting to the scorers table.

Otherwise, please stay put. You aren't beating traffic. You're causing it.

Big Red Ron
2/18/2006, 04:28 PM
I guess miracles do happen. We had no business winning that game after Gray's intentional foul.

Glad we did though.

ouflak
2/18/2006, 04:30 PM
I'm sure everybody who left early had simply figured we were going to win anyway and decided they wanted to get home and rest a bit before coming back to watch the women play for the regular season title.

Jay C. Upchurch
2/18/2006, 04:44 PM
Gotta give the 5,000 or so fans who braved the elements today props. Yes, a few left early, but for the most part, the crowd stayed in the game and helped energize the team, even after they had fallen behind by 11 with under five minutes to go.

The ones who stayed to the end, had plenty to celebrate.

OUAndy1807
2/18/2006, 04:55 PM
Gotta give the 5,000 or so fans who braved the elements today props. Yes, a few left early, but for the most part, the crowd stayed in the game and helped energize the team, even after they had fallen behind by 11 with under five minutes to go.

The ones who stayed to the end, had plenty to celebrate.

yeah, I'm in no way trying to **** on the fans in general. Actually a surprising amount of people stayed, but it ****es me off when people leave with 4 minutes left when we're down 7.

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/18/2006, 04:57 PM
to be fair 7 points is usually a tough half of work for Sampson's teams ;)

oumartin
2/18/2006, 05:05 PM
ha, I dent even show up!
course i am working and all.

Taxman71
2/18/2006, 05:23 PM
Hard to understand fighting your way to the LNC in snow and ice and missing the best ending to a game all year to beat the nonexistent traffic. Even the Norman cops weren't directing traffic after the game.

Then again, everybody got to upgrade their seats today since so many didn't show.

OUstud
2/18/2006, 05:23 PM
Why leave early to go out into the bitter cold when you could stay inside? I have never understood those who leave early, I make a big deal when I have to stand up to let people out that are leaving early.

stoopified
2/18/2006, 05:29 PM
I guess miracles do happen. We had no business winning that game after Gray's intentional foul.

Glad we did though.true dat.

snp
2/18/2006, 05:32 PM
Students suck.

It's not our fault we were up til 430 drinking and didn't feel like going.

Soonerborn03
2/18/2006, 05:35 PM
yeah, I'm in no way trying to **** on the fans in general. Actually a surprising amount of people stayed, but it ****es me off when people leave with 4 minutes left when we're down 7.I was pretty suprised with the number of fans that stayed to the end. My thinking is that the one's we had left were the hardcore OU basketball fans. The LNC was pretty damn loud at the end of that game.

On a side note.....anyone care to explain how we won this game? I still can't figure it out

Soonerborn03
2/18/2006, 05:36 PM
It's not our fault we were up til 430 drinking and didn't feel like going.I still made it by halftime at least ;)

Jay C. Upchurch
2/18/2006, 06:33 PM
On a side note.....anyone care to explain how we won this game? I still can't figure it out

Two words....

Michael Neal

okienole3
2/18/2006, 07:04 PM
Two words....

Michael Neal

Three more words

Missed free throws

Chi Gamma Blackness
2/19/2006, 01:19 AM
I was pretty suprised with the number of fans that stayed to the end. My thinking is that the one's we had left were the hardcore OU basketball fans. The LNC was pretty damn loud at the end of that game.

Michael Neal worked his butt off and that kid fouled him......Neal rocks my face off.....I'm a student and I was there.....had a small run-in with a nasty patch of ice on the way home..but was there till the end none-the-less!!!!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/19/2006, 11:06 AM
For future reference -
The cue for permission to leave the LNC is either:
1) The buzzer sounding with 0:00 left in the final period of play.
2) Kellen Sampson reporting to the scorers table.

Otherwise, please stay put. You aren't beating traffic. You're causing it.

:D :D :D :D
Someone should print that out and put it near the LNC exits. Actually I'm not sure that Kellen shouldn't play before Walker but it is funny nonetheless.

Soonerus
2/19/2006, 11:14 AM
It is not just OU basketball games, it is sporting events everywhere, a certain element of the fans start looking for excuses to leave before the end...it is like they didn't want to be there in the first place...I will never understand it as I do not think I have ever left any game early regardless of score and who was winning or losing, including '05 Orange Bowl....

Big Red Ron
2/19/2006, 11:19 AM
It is not just OU basketball games, it is sporting events everywhere, a certain element of the fans start looking for excuses to leave before the end...it is like they didn't want to be there in the first place...I will never understand it as I do not think I have ever left any game early regardless of score and who was winning or losing, including '05 Orange Bowl....It's called disgust, I left the 05 OB at the end of the third quarter. You have to be a masochist to stay to the end of that one. You could see Pete wasn't interested in just winning, we all knew it was over by half time but instead he was throwing TD's with his starters in the third quarter to run up the score.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/19/2006, 11:21 AM
I confess to leaving the 2003 B12 Championship about mid-4th quarter but other than one other game a few years back which OU won at home but a t-storm was coming) have I left early.

I do not get fans leaving early EVER to "beat the traffic". If you don't want traffic then don't go.

OUstud
2/19/2006, 12:21 PM
Here are the games I have left early (not including some from the Smellsofbourbon/early Blake years, I was only 7 and my brother was only 4 so we had to leave sometimes): 2003 Big XII Championship, 2002 UTEP (some friends invited us over for the 2nd half), and 2005 Orange Bowl. I even stayed to the end of the OU-A&M in 1997. That was horrible.

SoonerAcesUp
2/20/2006, 03:08 PM
I went to my first OU basketball game (men & women) Saturday. My sister, my brother-in-law, my fiance and I drove for 5 hours Friday night through the sleet and snow on a trip that usually takes a little over 2 hours. It was well worth it with the awesome ending of the men's game. Then we got to see the women clinch the outright Big XII regular season championship. Only this year have I been able to afford to come to a game but this weekend will be the first of many. I was impressed with the noise the crowd made with LNC being half empty. Congrats to those that were there because we saw a great comeback by the Sooners. But I am disappointed with the turnout especially the students. I'd be at nearly every game if I were a student. Students at OU don't know how lucky they are to have such great teams to watch at your disposal. Good luck to the Sooners tonight in Lubbock!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/20/2006, 03:15 PM
I salute you. :P

humblesooner
2/20/2006, 06:06 PM
It's not our fault we were up til 430 drinking and didn't feel like going.

Blame it on the TEJAS fans. They are responsible for most of our problems!!

LOL