PDA

View Full Version : Pad Thai

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/18/2006, 04:01 PM
On the way back from the hospital, my mom and I went to Pad Thai on SW 89th. I had chicken pad thai that didn't have the omelet in it. My mom had the basil chicken stir fry and some hot and sour soup. It was so freakin good. My pad thai needed 4 stars instead of 3 though.

Octavian
2/18/2006, 04:04 PM
Never been to that one...the one in Norman is really good too (much better than the designer imposter Thai Raj)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/18/2006, 04:10 PM
It's a different owner than the Norman one. I haven't been to that one.

Octavian
2/18/2006, 04:12 PM
then we have nothing else to say to each other ;)

GottaHavePride
2/18/2006, 04:16 PM
The menus at the one in Norman mention their new location in OKC - you sure it's different owners?

OUAndy1807
2/18/2006, 04:22 PM
Pad Thai is good, but I like the pad thai at Jana's better. (I've only been to the Pad Thai in Norman, though)

Also, we went to that new Sooner Pho last night and it is excellent and reasonably priced. Someone has finally done something nice with that building across from greek house.

opksooner
2/18/2006, 04:24 PM
I discovered the reason Phad Thai is soooooo good. There's about a 1/2 pound of sugar in every serving.

Can you say "sugar high"?

yermom
2/18/2006, 04:30 PM
The menus at the one in Norman mention their new location in OKC - you sure it's different owners?

i think the guy at 89th just bought it from the guy that owns the one in Norman or something like that, there is one downtown somewhere too

anyone been to the Norman one lately? they just did some pretty major remodeling

i just went to the one on 89th for the first time a few days ago, it's a lot bigger than the Norman one, not nearly as cramped

GottaHavePride
2/18/2006, 04:32 PM
anyone been to the Norman one lately? they just did some pretty major remodeling

I just tried to go last week and it was closed - are they finished remodeling already?

yermom
2/18/2006, 04:36 PM
yeah, we could smell wet paint, etc... when we were there

they were about to mount some plasma TV's

they have a bar now too, the guy said something about staying open til 2:00am now

GottaHavePride
2/18/2006, 04:46 PM
yeah, we could smell wet paint, etc... when we were there

they were about to mount some plasma TV's

they have a bar now too, the guy said something about staying open til 2:00am now

Teh awexome!

Jimminy Crimson
2/18/2006, 04:58 PM
there is one downtown somewhere too

In the bottom of the Santa Fe Parking Garage.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/18/2006, 05:29 PM
Yeah the woman at the 89th one said it used to be the same but now the owners are different. I like that little Asian shopping center.

JC, Is the one at the bottom of the Santa Fe called "Thai Kitchen?"

Jimminy Crimson
2/18/2006, 06:19 PM

The only sign I know of says Pad Thai.

proud gonzo
2/18/2006, 10:09 PM
just went to Pad Thai tonight...... and it was great

Vaevictis
2/18/2006, 10:13 PM
Never been to that one...the one in Norman is really good too (much better than the designer imposter Thai Raj)

Thai Raja is goddamned good if you know what to order. The Pineapple Fried rice is so good that amongst my friends, we refer to it simply as "crack rice."

I introduced him to it, and a few weeks later, he said to me, "Damn you for introducing me to crack rice! Now every time I think about what I want to eat, the first thing that pops into my head is crack rice! I can't get it to go away!" (yes, this really happened).

In short, Thai Raja is pretty damned good, especially the crack rice.

Octavian
2/18/2006, 10:26 PM
Thai Raja is goddamned good if you know what to order. The Pineapple Fried rice is so good that amongst my friends, we refer to it simply as "crack rice."

I introduced him to it, and a few weeks later, he said to me, "Damn you for introducing me to crack rice! Now every time I think about what I want to eat, the first thing that pops into my head is crack rice! I can't get it to go away!" (yes, this really happened).

In short, Thai Raja is pretty damned good, especially the crack rice.

ahh...I never tried the crack ;)

I ate there a couple times awhile back and went back to Pad Thai. Acutally if Im goin for Asian food I prefer Ah Wong's just north of The Deli

Taxman71
2/19/2006, 08:44 AM

No, that is just "Pad Thai" and offers a buffet. Thai Kitchen is on the NE corner of Hudson and Dean A. McGee Ave. Their pad thai and spicy chicken combo is the shiznit.

Rhino
2/19/2006, 05:27 PM
Lil and I have eaten at the Pad Thai on 89th. Berry gud.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/19/2006, 06:49 PM
Rhino have you tried the Pho place in that same center?

Rhino
2/20/2006, 12:35 AM
Nah, just Pad Thai and the takeout place.