PDA

View Full Version : need your advice.

85Sooner
2/17/2006, 07:16 PM
We have a guy at work ( one of my delivery crew) who got hurt ion the job and couldn't work.additionally, two weeks he ago had an MS attack. I didn;t even know what one was, but it mimics a stroke. After a week of rehabbing he has had to have major surgery for infections.

I proposed that all of us sales guys total pitch in for half of his deductable (1000.00 bucks)(to which all agreed) and the company would meet the other half.(1000.00). Thats all we can really afford.

Since then a couple of guys have been acting as if they won't or can't contirbute. We are going to give him a card with the names of all of us who contributed. Question? Should we include the names of those who did not contribute. I know it sounds harsh but hey a couple of hundred bucks for anyone is a little chunck out of the household budget.

Whats your opinion.

soonerbrat
2/17/2006, 07:23 PM
let'em get their own cards.

Okieflyer
2/17/2006, 07:24 PM
No, you shouldn't. Only if you put "from your Co-Workers". Maybe they really can't, so I would use that.

mdklatt
2/17/2006, 07:28 PM
You're doing this to help your coworker, not to get recognition for helping your coworker, right? Let everbody sign the card whether they could contribute or not--why make them feel bad?

olevetonahill
2/17/2006, 08:00 PM
You're doing this to help your coworker, not to get recognition for helping your coworker, right? Let everbody sign the card whether they could contribute or not--why make them feel bad?
I started to agree with brat
But I liked your response better
Just tell em to donate what they can

85Sooner
2/17/2006, 08:21 PM
I think from your coworkers would be okay. These guys help us in everyway so it kinda sticks in my craw that when in need, a couple choose to ignore that fact. I guess there will always be that kind of person huh.

soonerbrat
2/17/2006, 10:27 PM
I started to agree with brat
But I liked your response better
Just tell em to donate what they can

that was what I was actually thinking, but I figured 85 was just looking for validation.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/17/2006, 10:38 PM
You really don't know their financial situation. $200 may be a lot of money. or they just may be tightwads.

Frozen Sooner
2/17/2006, 10:45 PM
Or what you could do is pass the card around and get it sealed under glass before the guys who didn't chip in can sign it.

"You screwed me again Costanza!"

No, seriously, mdklatt kind of has the right of it.

proud gonzo
2/17/2006, 11:30 PM
yeah--don't put them on the spot if they don't have the money to spare or don't want to. That doesn't mean they can't wish him well by signing a card.