PDA

View Full Version : #$%* pwned by the weather

Jerk
2/17/2006, 05:23 AM
So, I wake up at 2:00 am and go start my truck. I'm going to do 2 trips to Tulsa and it will take 9.75 hours from start to finish, so I will be done early on a Friday.

****ing brake lines are frozen. Truck won't move.

oumartin
2/17/2006, 07:36 AM
It's only gonna get worse this weekend my friend.
Hope we avoid the ice up here in my neck of the woods

Mjcpr
2/17/2006, 08:55 AM
It'll move.......just won't stop. :D

The Ch 6 website no longer shows the snow flurry pic on their forercast for Sat and Sun so I'm thinking they're backing off the weekend of ice forecast.

OU-HSV
2/17/2006, 09:05 AM
Yep, we're supposed to be getting freezing rain/sleet/snow here in Arkiesaw, starting this afternoon and lasting through Monday off and on.

VeeJay
2/17/2006, 09:10 AM
80 today
81 tomorrow in Ft. Lauderdale

Harry Beanbag
2/17/2006, 09:16 AM
I believe we're on day 124 with zero precipitation. I guess that's why they call this place a desert.

Czar Soonerov
2/17/2006, 09:21 AM
Better put your booties on cause it's coooooold outside.

OUDoc
2/17/2006, 09:23 AM
It'll move.......just won't stop. :D

Not if the brakes lines are frozen while the brakes were on.

Dingus.:)

Mjcpr
2/17/2006, 09:27 AM
Not if the brakes lines are frozen while the brakes were on.

Dingus.:)

Oh, that's dumb. Who leaves their brakes on all night? The brake lights would just run down the battery.

Idjits.

:D

OUDoc
2/17/2006, 09:28 AM
Oh, that's dumb. Who leaves their brakes on all night? The brake lights would just run down the battery.

Idjits.

:D
Truckers, man. Maybe you should go explain it to them. :D

King Crimson
2/17/2006, 09:46 AM
it's 9 here in Colorado. 9 degrees. good thing i've got pizza and beer and DVD's.

and i don't have to work anywhere but at home today.

Jerk
2/17/2006, 09:58 AM
80 today
81 tomorrow in Ft. Lauderdale

MAJOR NEGSPEK

The mechanic told me I'm a dumbarse. The drums are frozen, not the brakelines.

2/17/2006, 10:05 AM
Just move some boxes around and start parking it in the garage.

OUinFLA
2/17/2006, 10:17 AM
79 here yesterday and today.
But, I can sympathize as it was 29 here with heavy frost on Tuesday morning.

HoserSooner
2/17/2006, 10:19 AM
I've got a snowday today. City buses AND plows have been pulled off the road. You know it's bad when Canadians pull the plows off the road.

Czar Soonerov
2/17/2006, 10:19 AM
It's a balmy 19 degrees outside right now.

I sure hope we get some snow so we can build a snowman this weekend.

Vaevictis
2/17/2006, 11:18 AM
It might be warm there in Florida, but the warmth ain't worth living with the people down there :p

Having lived in Lauderhill and Weston, I can definately say that not living with all the rude bastards down there is worth the cold here in OK.

mdklatt
2/17/2006, 11:20 AM
I sure hope we get some snow so we can build a snowman this weekend.

Ice, ice, baby.

handcrafted
2/17/2006, 11:32 AM
I've got a snowday today. City buses AND plows have been pulled off the road. You know it's bad when Canadians pull the plows off the road.

Dude, that's hardcore. You can't even get to the curling rink. :D

OUinFLA
2/17/2006, 11:47 AM
It might be warm there in Florida, but the warmth ain't worth living with the people down there :p

Having lived in Lauderhill and Weston, I can definately say that not living with all the rude bastards down there is worth the cold here in OK.

VeeJay and I are not rude bastards............
well, at least I'm not...........
today.

Vaevictis
2/17/2006, 02:07 PM
I was referring mostly to:

1. The Cubans who deliberately create traffic jams every time somebody doesn't do something they like. They seem to be under the impression that they're still in pre-Castro Cuba.
2. The old New York Jews who live in your neighborhood and can't mind their own business. (Not that I have a problem with NY Jews in general, but for some strange reason, in South Florida at least, it's ALWAYS old New York Jews that exhibit this behavior. Not the young New York Jews, not the young or old local Jews. No, just the old New York Jews.)
3. The people in the grocery store of another race who block the aisle, notice they're blocking the aisle, look you dead in the eye with a "What the f*ck do you want?" look as you say "Excuse me.", then go back to blocking the aisle. (Note that it's not one particular group that does it; if you're of a different race than those who are blocking the aisle, this happens.)

Hate the place... South Florida, mostly. Don't know enough about North, except from driving through.

Very high proportion of rude people to people with manners down there.

OklahomaTrombone
2/17/2006, 02:10 PM
Better put your booties on cause it's coooooold outside.

Its cold outside everyday what do you think this place is, Miami Beach?

IB4OU2
2/17/2006, 02:14 PM
79 here yesterday and today.
But, I can sympathize as it was 29 here with heavy frost on Tuesday morning.

Ahhh....the old days of taking the family to Clearwater Beach and sitting in a lawn chair with mirrored sunglasses on and a beach towel in my lap........:cool:

AllAboutThe'O'
2/17/2006, 04:51 PM
Yep, we're supposed to be getting freezing rain/sleet/snow here in Arkiesaw, starting this afternoon and lasting through Monday off and on.
It's supposed to be worse in the southern part of the state than it will be up here, according to the weather maps.

OU-HSV
2/17/2006, 07:30 PM
It's supposed to be worse in the southern part of the state than it will be up here, according to the weather maps.
Awesome..I'm looking forward to some winter weather.