PDA

View Full Version : Did U Know

Okla-homey
2/16/2006, 07:08 PM
You can put any math problem into the Google "search" box, hit "search" and it works like a calculator?

You can put ANY major shipping tracking number in the "search" box, hit "search" and get flight status?

You can put in an airline name and flight number into the search box, hit search and get on-time status?

Type "weather" and (your city and state) and get your forecast.

Word definitions...type in "define: (insert word)".

It also does currency conversion (e.g. type "$500 USD in Euros")

I didn't.

me likey Google. The fellers what invented Google is sure smart and stuff.

Dio
2/16/2006, 07:15 PM
Is there an echo in here?

Vaevictis
2/16/2006, 07:28 PM
It sucks. It can't solve first order partial differential equations worth a damn. Heck, it doesn't even recognize them!@#

chriscappel
2/16/2006, 07:45 PM
God bless Google....except for the fact it can solve complicated math problem and I cant get information on the polar jet stream stream for nothing!

Mjcpr
2/16/2006, 07:46 PM
Its stock sucked it recently.

Okla-homey
2/16/2006, 07:54 PM
Its stock sucked it recently.

They just paid Dell a BILLION DOLLARS to load them as the default web browser on all new Dell machines.

47straight
2/16/2006, 08:03 PM
Don't trust the Google weather. I recall encountering a flash flood in Dallas this summer 5 minutes after Google weather told me that it was 88 and sunny.

A curt e-mail to Google headquarters strongly chastised those California-where-the-weather-never-ever-ever-changes-nor-is-bad programmers that out here in the middle, the weather can kill and it changes fast. Do it right or go the **** home.

lexsooner
2/16/2006, 08:19 PM
You can put any math problem into the Google "search" box, hit "search" and it works like a calculator?

You can put ANY major shipping tracking number in the "search" box, hit "search" and get flight status?

You can put in an airline name and flight number into the search box, hit search and get on-time status?

Type "weather" and (your city and state) and get your forecast.

Word definitions...type in "define: (insert word)".

It also does currency conversion (e.g. type "$500 USD in Euros")

I didn't.

me likey Google. The fellers what invented Google is sure smart and stuff.

Google is truly amazing. Many computer whizzes have tried to decode it and figure out its programming, but to date nobody has been successful. It is so awesome that the term "google" has become a commonly used verb synomynous with doing a search via a search engine on the internet. Stanford has produced both the Google whizzes and the Yahoo wizards. Say what you will about the Bay area, but it has kept this country on the cutting edge of technology.