PDA

View Full Version : You know what time it is.....

Boomhauer
2/16/2006, 05:41 PM
That's right! It is parent/teacher conference night here in C-town. Now I have to give every reason possible as to why their kid is failing in 6th grade Math. Other than I am not a good teacher.....BECAUSE I AM!!!! :texan:

Mrs. Norm
2/16/2006, 06:12 PM
Tell me how it goes. I have 6th grade conferences next Friday. I have about 8 kids failing Reading. (Out of 50). Of course it will be my fault that their child can't read.

SoonerProphet
2/16/2006, 06:17 PM
Don't have mine till after Spring Break. Then it will be a whole day deal, 13 parents from my advisee group.

Vaevictis
2/16/2006, 06:20 PM
Make sure to tell the parents, "If you'd just let me beat him with a stick, I'd learn him good!"

Boomhauer
2/16/2006, 07:15 PM
Report: So far so good...here is my philosophy: talk about things that will change the state of the conversation. Such as...a parent and I were talking and we were discussing their kids (bad) grade. I ask the parent if "anything" had been going on at home that may cause their focus to shift away from school (this is done to distract the attention from the teacher). Next thing you know...BAM! Her brother had been in jail!!! AND I am off the hook!

6:15 appointment is almost here.

Chow

Okla-homey
2/16/2006, 07:38 PM
Teacher sister always says the parents who oughtta show up don't, and the parents who do -- don't need to. Freaky...or ironic. I fergit.

Boomhauer
2/16/2006, 08:08 PM
Teacher sister always says the parents who oughtta show up don't, and the parents who do -- don't need to. Freaky...or ironic. I fergit.

It could not be more true than this!!!!

And you know what...sometimes when you hear some of these parents stories you start to believe how blessed you really are. One parent told me tonight that she had to leave her son, who is on oxygen-bedridden-and comatosed, for about 10 minutes because the nurse did not show up and her other son missed the bus for school. So she had to leave bedridden son alone for 10 minutes at home alone while she took other son to school. I told her to call me the next time that happens and he will be excused for 3 hours from school until you find a nurse to cover for you!!!!!