PDA

View Full Version : The Religion of Peace Lives Up To Its Name Again

VeeJay
2/16/2006, 03:35 PM
Islamic Law Doesn't Forbid The Use of Nuclear Weapons (http://memri.org/bin/latestnews.cgi?ID=SD109606)

I am certainly encouraged by this wonderful proclamation.

mdklatt
2/16/2006, 03:41 PM
Christianity or Judaism don't have a problem with nuclear weapons either, so I don't see what the fuss is. Or are they not supposed to be religions of peace?

IronSooner
2/16/2006, 04:58 PM
I think Christianity doesn't forbid it so much as encourage the use of alternatives, such as the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch.

handcrafted
2/16/2006, 05:03 PM
I think Christianity doesn't forbid it so much as encourage the use of alternatives, such as the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch.

The Holy Hand Grenade pwns your puny nuke-ular weapons, beyonces!!!!

Hatfield
2/16/2006, 05:22 PM
just be crystal clear on what is your favorite color.

BoomerJack
2/16/2006, 05:27 PM
Quote from the link noted in first post.

"When the Entire World is Armed With Nuclear Weapons, it is Permissible to Use These Weapons as a Counter-[Measure]"

"The spiritual leaders of the ultra-conservatives [in Iran] have accepted the use of nuclear weapons as lawful in the eyes of the shari'a. Mohsen Gharavian, a disciple of [Ayatollah] Mesbah Yazdi [who is Iranian President Ahmadinejad's spiritual mentor], has spoken for the first time of using nuclear weapons as a counter-measure. He stated that 'in terms of the shari'a, it all depends on the goal.'

From this, IMO, it doesn't sound too much different from what US presidents have been saying since the Truman administration.

Hatfield
2/16/2006, 05:30 PM
but you see jack since it is like muslim and stuff it is bad.

no common sense or reading comprehension allow...just blind acceptance of the fact it is bad.

and stuff.

WOOT WOOT HOLLA