PDA

View Full Version : Unto ye a Sooner is born...

Tear Down This Wall
2/16/2006, 11:51 AM
Our baby is arriving tomorrow morning, so I'll be gone for a couple of weeks. We're calling the baby Jacob Joaquin. We fought about names, but I slipped Jacob Joaquin in because she's Mexican.

Really, because of the pregnancy, the Baylor game was the only one she could make this year. The heros of that game were Jacob Gutierrez and Juaquin Iglesias, so I stuck 'em together (after re-spelling Joaquin to reflect the more normal spelling of it.).

Eventually, the child could become an attorney, go by J. Joaquin, and represent people trying to avoid fine for pedestrian misdemeanors. :D

Anyway, sometime tomorrow, there will be another Sooner fan born deep in the heart of Texas. Boomer Sooner!

Fugue
2/16/2006, 11:54 AM
We're calling the baby Jacob Joaquin. We fought about names, but I slipped Jacob Joaquin in because she's Mexican.

You're naming your daughter, Jacob? :confused: :D

Congrats!

soonerbrat
2/16/2006, 11:55 AM
Congratulations :)

Tear Down This Wall
2/16/2006, 11:56 AM
No, my wife's Mexican. The baby's gonna be a boy! :D

Mjcpr
2/16/2006, 11:57 AM
Will she have four names like you or just the traditional three? Cuz if it's four you can change it on a whim.

Either way, congrats!! :D

Tear Down This Wall
2/16/2006, 11:59 AM
I've thought about that...mj.

The child could go by Jake, J.J., Coby, Joaquin...Tear Down This Wall, Jr., The Little Fake Don Dokken, The New Voice of Reason, etc. :D

Fugue
2/16/2006, 12:01 PM
The New Voice of Reason

that's not bad. Progressive and Zenlike.

Petro-Sooner
2/16/2006, 12:09 PM
Jacob is the greatest name evar!!

Mjcpr
2/16/2006, 12:10 PM
Jacob is the greatest name evar!!

....right after Matthew.

oumartin
2/16/2006, 12:25 PM
CONGRATULATIONS

I wanna another baby.

Tear Down This Wall
2/16/2006, 12:29 PM
I hope all goes well for everybody and you have a manly child.

Much to my wife's chagrin, I have constructed a mobile to hang by the child's crib which features a big OU helmet surrounded by little Nebraska, Alabama, Arkansas, and Tulsa helmets, among others (Dallas Cowboys, the old Houston Oilers and Tampa Bay Bucs helmets). He should be manly because I haven't included helmets of homo-friendly schools like Texas, Colorado, Michigan, Cal-Berkley, and Wisconsin in the mobile.

salth2o
2/16/2006, 02:10 PM
Congrats! The Redhead is due May 25.

NormanPride
2/16/2006, 02:20 PM
Congrats, man! Hope everything goes stellar.

OklahomaTuba
2/16/2006, 02:41 PM
Awesome TDTW, congrats!

SicEmBaylor
2/16/2006, 09:03 PM
Congrats on the new kids!

If I ever have a little brat of my own (God forbid) its being named Reagan whether it's a girl or a boy.

bigdsooner
2/16/2006, 09:07 PM
congrats man, kids are the greatest

olevetonahill
2/16/2006, 09:09 PM
Grats on the baby. all mine are raised and out ! YEA
Now I get to ruin My grand kids :D
when they are with me I have ONE rule !
" No matter what I say ignore it and do what you want " They Mind me perfectly :cool:

pb4ou
2/16/2006, 10:08 PM
Definatley big time congrats...the more Sooner fans the better. I was just trying to teach my six month old earlier tonight at Walmart that all whorn merchandise only profits the devil. And also told him that the only way whorns point is down. (Turned logo upside down). :D

OU-HSV
2/16/2006, 10:20 PM
Our baby is arriving tomorrow morning, so I'll be gone for a couple of weeks. We're calling the baby Jacob Joaquin. We fought about names, but I slipped Jacob Joaquin in because she's Mexican.

Really, because of the pregnancy, the Baylor game was the only one she could make this year. The heros of that game were Jacob Gutierrez and Juaquin Iglesias, so I stuck 'em together (after re-spelling Joaquin to reflect the more normal spelling of it.).

Eventually, the child could become an attorney, go by J. Joaquin, and represent people trying to avoid fine for pedestrian misdemeanors. :D

Anyway, sometime tomorrow, there will be another Sooner fan born deep in the heart of Texas. Boomer Sooner!
Congrats! You're lucky your wife went for a Sooner related name. When we were trying to pick a name for our son I went through the whole football roster (first and last names) and she wasn't having it. Turns out we named our son Garrett (then I realized I got my way anyways w/Garrett Hartley and all..heh)

Tailwind
2/16/2006, 10:48 PM
Congrats and good luck!

ChickSoonerFan
2/16/2006, 10:52 PM
And I hope you get some good sleep tonight!

Congrats!!!

KC//CRIMSON
2/16/2006, 11:13 PM
How about little Ronnie Mexico! :D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/17/2006, 12:16 PM
Jacob is the greatest name evar!!Who is that?