PDA

View Full Version : Edmond Soccer Club Girls

soonerbrat
2/16/2006, 09:53 AM
Ranked in the top 20 nationally in Soccer America Magazine:

http://www.socceramerica.com/article.asp?Art_ID=562136927

EDMOND SC. The success of the Oklahoma club's teams at the U-14 level has propelled it into the Top 20 for the first time. In both 2004 and 2005, Edmond has finished second in the U-14 division at U.S. Youth Soccer's nationals. Rising Star: Freshman midfielder Dria Hampton attended the U.S. U-16 national team camp in January.

for soccer enthusiasts :)

Jimminy Crimson
2/16/2006, 10:19 AM
Stanley requests a pic.

:D

Jimminy Crimson
2/16/2006, 10:19 AM
Parents are getting lazy these days: Dria? :confused:

soonerbrat
2/16/2006, 10:20 AM
sick

soonerbrat
2/16/2006, 10:21 AM
Parents are getting lazy these days: Dria? :confused:

dunno..she's the director's daughter though, i do know that.

1stTimeCaller
2/16/2006, 10:23 AM
Dria's dad coaches at USAO. He's not the most morally sound person I know and I wouldn't want him around my daughter.

Please tell me that Jimmy is not your kid's coach brat.

soonerbrat
2/16/2006, 10:24 AM
No, Jimmy is not my daughter's coach. He's not the one i had to ride 16 hours with to and from albuquerque.

Jimminy Crimson
2/16/2006, 10:26 AM
No, Jimmy is not my daughter's coach. He's not the one i had to ride 16 hours with to and from albuquerque.

...and the one that chopped his finger off.

Must be a beyotch to hitchike anymore. :texan:

1stTimeCaller
2/16/2006, 10:27 AM
oh, the kids full name is Alexandria.

soonerbrat
2/16/2006, 10:31 AM
...and the one that chopped his finger off.

Must be a beyotch to hitchike anymore. :texan:

haha..yeah, one of my friends knew i didn't want to go and said "you should tell him to thumb a ride"

BajaOklahoma
2/16/2006, 11:43 PM
My daughter's old coach is part of the Texan's Club (#1). Very interesting club............ I'll leave it at that.
I was surprised that Sting dropped to #15. At my daughter's age group, they were always in the top 2 nationally. They added a B team for each of the age groups - most of us feel that has hurt the club.

soonerbrat
2/17/2006, 12:01 AM
my daughter's team is a B team, but still nationally ranked.

her first year in classic, they were 5th in the country. not sure where they are now but they compete against "A" teams and win!!

Jimminy Crimson
2/17/2006, 12:41 AM
oh, the kids full name is Alexandria.

Old Town, ahh.

I love Virginia! :texan:

TUSooner
2/17/2006, 09:52 AM
Cool. I'm no aficionado, but I think some of those clubs (e.g. Texans) are HUGE, like, y'know, way more huger than Edmond SC

phead903
2/17/2006, 12:50 PM
My daughter's team played a Texans team in the TSC Challenge Cup in Tulsa last fall and was embarrassed. We rank in the top 5 in Arkansas and we have boys teams that couldn't have beaten those girls. I asked our coach about the club and he said "Look at it this way - In Arkansas, we have 3,500 registered players - In North Texas, they have like 15,000."

Great news about ESC making the Top 20, brat!

Cam
2/17/2006, 08:39 PM
When I was on a travel team, the gals team we always looked for was the Dallas Sting SC. We seemed to go to a lot of the same tournaments. :D

The old school Bush SC beat the living hell out of us every time we played them. They were by far the best club while I was growing up.

OU-HSV
2/17/2006, 09:16 PM
my daughter's team is a B team, but still nationally ranked.

her first year in classic, they were 5th in the country. not sure where they are now but they compete against "A" teams and win!!
That's awesome

BajaOklahoma
2/17/2006, 09:26 PM
Cam, the Sting is one of the oldest all girls club in the US. Their players always go to D1 schools. We used to crack up at various soccer camps because some of the girls would be wearing Sting T-shirts..... and it was obvious they weren't Sting players.
Brat, I'm not knocking B teams. Sting added a second team (Blue is the top team, the White is the new team) at each age group in the last four or five years. The result is that Sting is no longer rated in the top 3 at every age group. One of the first White teams was in my daughter's age group. Since the team was formed with a core of girls from a dysfunctional team that blew up, we enjoyed watching them struggle to stay together so they could claim to be Sting.

The Dallas Texans have both boys and girls teams - run under different directors. The Dallas Texans Red team is considered the top of the heap. Then the Dallas Texans White team. As the club expanded, they added the directional (North, South, and West) to the end of the new team's name. We always laugh when we would travel and see a team listed as the Dallas Texans - when they were really the Texans Red South or Texans Red West. Want to tick them off? Just ask one of the kids or parents what color and direction their team really is - then stand back and watch the fireworks. Once you know the club, you can tell which team is which by the coaches and players.
My daughter has also lost to both Sting and the Texans Red. It happens when you play them often.

soonerbrat
2/17/2006, 10:24 PM
i do know that when our girls went to the plano tournament in september they got their butts handed to them..but they had just started together as a team..they have really meshed now and are playing great together.