PDA

View Full Version : Saddam warned US in mid 90's and his SIL tells how they hid NBC weapons

usmc-sooner
2/16/2006, 09:52 AM
Saddam says he warned U.S. in the mid 90's of terrorist attack and his Son In Law tells that they hid chemical and biological weapons from inspectors.

Looks like President Bush aint the lying scum that liberals and Democrats want him to be.

cue Hatfield, and Johhny Mack with their same old well the our government wrote this. Followed by SP's claim that were all sheep following the tyrannical neocon, and by the way we are the cause of it anyways.

link

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20060215201309990002&ncid=NWS00010000000001

Hatfield
2/16/2006, 10:07 AM
dat's right you best recognize HATFIELD WORLDWIDE!

WOOT WOOT.

HOLLA.

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....WHAT!!!

usmc-sooner
2/16/2006, 10:11 AM
heh

that was funny Hat

soonerscuba
2/16/2006, 10:14 AM
So we've gone from "slam dunk" to "his sister-in-law says they did". Color me unconvinced, and you didn't read the last paragraph did you?

85Sooner
2/16/2006, 10:22 AM
So we've gone from "slam dunk" to "his sister-in-law says they did". Color me unconvinced, and you didn't read the last paragraph did you?

Went and re-read it. It is a commentary explainingand covering their a$$es regarding the editorial position that were not wmds.

Earlier in the "report" part of the story, it reveals accounts of the hiding of weapons.

I still believe a bunch of shananigans went on while we were d1cking with our own politicians and the UN regarding getting the inspections restarted. I would bnever be surprized to see that they went to syria.

What I hope is that Syria doesn't use these as leverage to get into an alliance with Iran. But thats speculation at this point and time.

SoonerProphet
2/16/2006, 10:27 AM
Followed by SP's claim that were all sheep following the tyrannical neocon, and by the way we are the cause of it anyways.

link

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20060215201309990002&ncid=NWS00010000000001

Don't pull me into your bullsh*t. You'll believe what you want and I'll believe what I want.

Hatfield
2/16/2006, 10:29 AM
but dudes you are missing the point.

It seems everyone knew about 9/11 except Bush....hell even Sadaam was giving us the 411. sheesh.

;)

SoonerProphet
2/16/2006, 10:37 AM
To bad we didn't keep his *** around to kick the living hell outta every jihadi wackjob this side of the Euphrates. Much like Assad did in Hama, Richelieu couldn't have done any better.

mdklatt
2/16/2006, 10:45 AM
"Terrorism is coming. I told the Americans," Saddam is heard saying, adding he "told the British as well."
But he insisted Iraq would never launch such an attack. "This story is coming, but not from Iraq," he said.

Saddam was just trying to be our bud, y'all. We're like the worst friend ever.

usmc-sooner
2/16/2006, 10:49 AM
Don't pull me into your bullsh*t. You'll believe what you want and I'll believe what they tell me.

you're in my bull****, whatcha going to do. :D

usmc-sooner
2/16/2006, 10:51 AM

It seems everyone knew about 9/11 except Bush....hell even Sadaam was giving us the 411. sheesh.

;)

yeah that's why it wasn't that big a deal. I remember right after it happened everyone saying oh we knew this was coming. Well everyone except Bush. :rolleyes:

yeah I saw you're rolleyes

85Sooner
2/16/2006, 10:56 AM

;)

I believe someone else was President on 1995. But he was probably busy getting oops I mean doing someo oops. He was probly busy:)

MojoRisen
2/16/2006, 11:11 AM
No body likes war, I seem to remember people screaming for it in 2001- right on the tapes they explained that they had WMD, and hid it from Hanz and the boys.

So let's pony up and fight for the American Way or - sit back and be terrorized and try and get Carter to negoitiate with a Terriost about to saw someone's head off at the stump.

Peace out.

sooneron
2/16/2006, 12:33 PM
So Saddam said we were going to get hit by a terrorist attack in the future. Can we call him Nostradamus from now on? Cuz, that was really going out on a limb.

Vaevictis
2/16/2006, 12:43 PM
Saddam says he warned U.S. in the mid 90's of terrorist attack and his Son In Law tells that they hid chemical and biological weapons from inspectors.

Looks like President Bush aint the lying scum that liberals and Democrats want him to be.

Not news, and not necessarily mutually exclusive with Bush being the lying scum that we believe him to be. The tapes are from the mid-1990's. Where are the tapes indicating they were doing this in the early-2000's?

So far, what we've got is mid-1990's, Saddam and crew have bio/chem weapons. Mid to Late 1990's, we have UN inspection crews. Early 2000's, NOBODY -- UN or US -- finds bio/chem weapons in Iraq.

The logical conclusion? Either our leadership and military screwed the pooch and can't find the weapons and/or let them get out of country, or our leadership screwed the pooch and lead us into a war to remove WMD from Iraq when a combination of sanctions and inspection crews had already done the job. On the one hand, we utterly failed in our task and who knows who has the weapons now. On the other, a bunch of our troops get killed pursuing a goal already achieved. Pick your poison.

(I mean, for those of you who believe that Saddam had WMD at the time of invasion, you do realize that you're essentially saying that our military totally, utterly failed in its task to secure these weapons, and some unknown party of unknown intent currently has them, right? I mean, for all we know, Saddam wasn't ever going to give Al-Qaeda those weapons for fear of our retaliation, but due to the chaos during and post-invasion, Al-Qaeda operatives may have been able to secure them, right?)

Fugue
2/16/2006, 12:48 PM
Not news, and not necessarily mutually exclusive with Bush being the lying scum that we believe him to be. The tapes are from the mid-1990's. Where are the tapes indicating they were doing this in the early-2000's?

So far, what we've got is mid-1990's, Saddam and crew have bio/chem weapons. Mid to Late 1990's, we have UN inspection crews. Early 2000's, NOBODY -- UN or US -- finds bio/chem weapons in Iraq.

The logical conclusion? Either our leadership and military screwed the pooch and can't find the weapons and/or let them get out of country, or our leadership screwed the pooch and lead us into a war to remove WMD from Iraq when a combination of sanctions and inspection crews had already done the job. On the one hand, we utterly failed in our task and who knows who has the weapons now. On the other, a bunch of our troops get killed pursuing a goal already achieved. Pick your poison.

(I mean, for those of you who believe that Saddam had WMD at the time of invasion, you do realize that you're essentially saying that our military totally, utterly failed in its task to secure these weapons, and some unknown party of unknown intent currently has them, right?)

note to self: Don't send Vaevictis on a soldier morale boosting tour.

colleyvillesooner
2/16/2006, 12:49 PM

Here it is for those interested:

Charles Duelfer, who led the official U.S. search for weapons of mass destruction, told ABC News the tapes show extensive deception but don't prove that weapons were still hidden in Iraq at the time of the U.S.-led war in 2003.

"What they do is support the conclusion in the report which we made in the last couple of years, that the regime had the intention of building and rebuilding weapons of mass destruction, when circumstances permitted," he said.

Vaevictis
2/16/2006, 12:55 PM
Look, here's the thing. I agree that deposing Saddam was a good thing. If the war had been sold on those grounds, I would have supported it, and would continue to support it. In general, I support American intervention in nations where you have issues of leaders and/or groups waging war on civilians.

The main beef that I have is that it was sold on the grounds of there being WMD in Iraq and Saddam was intending to provide them to Al-Qaeda. Current information shows no such thing was happening.

This means one of two things:
1. Our current administration and executive branch is totally incompetent when it comes to gathering and evaluating intelligence.
2. Our current administration and executive branch is totally willing to manipulate intelligence to launch a war on false pretenses, a la Herman Goering quote.

I find both options to be extremely disturbing.

MojoRisen
2/16/2006, 12:55 PM

(I mean, for those of you who believe that Saddam had WMD at the time of invasion, you do realize that you're essentially saying that our military totally, utterly failed in its task to secure these weapons, and some unknown party of unknown intent currently has them, right? I mean, for all we know, Saddam wasn't ever going to give Al-Qaeda those weapons for fear of our retaliation, but due to the chaos during and post-invasion, Al-Qaeda operatives may have been able to secure them, right?)

Pretty much, but Iraq is a big place and a stock of WMD could be burried like what we have in Arkansas! It isn't hard to bury 1000 pounds of ANTHRAX it would be like looking for a Dead Camel burried 10 feet in the ground in the middle of the Desert!

Good luck holmes- knowing they had it and hid it effectively from the UN while we were there and whacked over 250,000 inocent Iraqies after we pulled out and harbored Terriost Training camps- attacked Kuwiat - bombed Isreal- and commited crimes agains humanity- would be like saying leave hitler alone becasue he is only killing the jews in Germany.

Peace

OklahomaTuba
2/16/2006, 02:16 PM
Didn't they pretty much admit to a nuclear program in those tapes?

Explains all those tons of enriched uranium we found, doesn't it?

I think this quote explains it all to me...

The Factories Are In Our Minds...

Just like Kay and Duelfer said.

From David Kay's report:

We have discovered dozens of WMD-related program activities and significant amounts of equipment that Iraq concealed from the United Nations during the inspections that began in late 2002. The discovery of these deliberate concealment efforts have come about both through the admissions of Iraqi scientists and officials concerning information they deliberately withheld and through physical evidence of equipment and activities that ISG has discovered that should have been declared to the UN. Let me just give you a few examples of these concealment efforts, some of which I will elaborate on later:
A clandestine network of laboratories and safehouses within the Iraqi Intelligence Service that contained equipment subject to UN monitoring and suitable for continuing CBW research.
A prison laboratory complex, possibly used in human testing of BW agents, that Iraqi officials working to prepare for UN inspections were explicitly ordered not to declare to the UN.
Reference strains of biological organisms concealed in a scientist’s home, one of which can be used to produce biological weapons.
New research on BW-applicable agents, Brucella and Congo Crimean Hemorrhagic Fever (CCHF), and continuing work on ricin and aflatoxin were not declared to the UN.
Documents and equipment, hidden in scientists’ homes, that would have been useful in resuming uranium enrichment by centrifuge and electromagnetic isotope separation (EMIS).
A line of UAVs not fully declared at an undeclared production facility and an admission that they had tested one of their declared UAVs out to a range of 500 km, 350 km beyond the permissible limit.
Continuing covert capability to manufacture fuel propellant useful only for prohibited SCUD variant missiles, a capability that was maintained at least until the end of 2001 and that cooperating Iraqi scientists have said they were told to conceal from the UN.
Plans and advanced design work for new long-range missiles with ranges up to at least 1000 km - well beyond the 150 km range limit imposed by the UN. Missiles of a 1000 km range would have allowed Iraq to threaten targets through out the Middle East, including Ankara, Cairo, and Abu Dhabi.
Clandestine attempts between late-1999 and 2002 to obtain from North Korea technology related to 1,300 km range ballistic missiles —probably the No Dong — 300 km range anti-ship cruise missiles, and other prohibited military equipment.
In addition to the discovery of extensive concealment efforts, we have been faced with a systematic sanitization of documentary and computer evidence in a wide range of offices, laboratories, and companies suspected of WMD work. The pattern of these efforts to erase evidence - hard drives destroyed, specific files burned, equipment cleaned of all traces of use - are ones of deliberate, rather than random, acts. For example,
On 10 July 2003 an ISG team exploited the Revolutionary Command Council (RCC) Headquarters in Baghdad. The basement of the main building contained an archive of documents situated on well-organized rows of metal shelving. The basement suffered no fire damage despite the total destruction of the upper floors from coalition air strikes. Upon arrival the exploitation team encountered small piles of ash where individual documents or binders of documents were intentionally destroyed. Computer hard drives had been deliberately destroyed. Computers would have had financial value to a random looter; their destruction, rather than removal for resale or reuse, indicates a targeted effort to prevent Coalition forces from gaining access to their contents.
All IIS laboratories visited by IIS exploitation teams have been clearly sanitized, including removal of much equipment, shredding and burning of documents, and even the removal of nameplates from office doors.
Although much of the deliberate destruction and sanitization of documents and records probably occurred during the height of OIF combat operations, indications of significant continuing destruction efforts have been found after the end of major combat operations, including entry in May 2003 of the locked gated vaults of the Ba’ath party intelligence building in Baghdad and highly selective destruction of computer hard drives and data storage equipment along with the burning of a small number of specific binders that appear to have contained financial and intelligence records, and in July 2003 a site exploitation team at the Abu Ghurayb Prison found one pile of the smoldering ashes from documents that was still warm to the touch.
I would now like to review our efforts in each of the major lines of enquiry that ISG has pursued during this initial phase of its work.
With regard to biological warfare activities, which has been one of our two initial areas of focus, ISG teams are uncovering significant information - including research and development of BW-applicable organisms, the involvement of Iraqi Intelligence Service (IIS) in possible BW activities, and deliberate concealment activities. All of this suggests Iraq after 1996 further compartmentalized its program and focused on maintaining smaller, covert capabilities that could be activated quickly to surge the production of BW agents.

It goes on, as does Duelfer's:

I am sick and tired tired of this inane and irresponsible argument. Every one of these was a violation of a ceasefire Saddam Hussein signed in good faith, and grounds for war.

Again, Bush didn't sign the 1998 Iraq Liberation Act, Clinton did. 9/11 just help speed up the need to remove someone that was funding terror and had WMD. We had more than enough reason to go to war.

OklahomaTuba
2/16/2006, 02:45 PM
Didn't Saddam have like a year (from the UN resolution to the invasion) to hide or move the weapons?

Yeah, he did.

You're really drinking the kool-aid. :rolleyes:

Hatfield
2/16/2006, 03:39 PM
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CHICKEN WINGS??!!!?!!!?

Hatfield
2/16/2006, 03:40 PM
Didn't Saddam have like a year (from the UN resolution to the invasion) to hide or move the weapons?

Yeah, he did.

You're really drinking the kool-aid. :rolleyes:

and didn't we have satellite surveillance that would have been able to pick up a mass moving of wmds?

i mean we did have all the pictures with pretty yellow circles showing exactly where the wmds were....which ended up not being correct.

OklahomaTuba
2/16/2006, 03:41 PM
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CHICKEN WINGS??!!!?!!!?
Saddam moved those to Syria also.

OklahomaTuba
2/16/2006, 03:47 PM
and didn't we have satellite surveillance that would have been able to pick up a mass moving of wmds?

i mean we did have all the pictures with pretty yellow circles showing exactly where the wmds were....which ended up not being correct.

I think some were removed even right after the invasion. Wasn't that Al kaka or something?

Also, there was this..

The CIA's chief weapons inspector said he cannot rule out the possibility that Iraqi weapons of mass destruction were secretly shipped to Syria before the March 2003 invasion, citing "sufficiently credible" evidence that WMDs may have been moved there.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20050427-121915-1667r.htm

Either way, hopefully we never find out the hard way.

mdklatt
2/16/2006, 03:47 PM

How do you know we haven't found WMDs? It's possible the military/government is sitting on that information for some strategic or political reason. We can't say for certainty what's going on in Iraq because we're not there. The government routinely lies (for legitimate security reasons as well as others) and the media is largely full of hot air and BS.

OklahomaTuba
2/16/2006, 03:51 PM
I think the 500 Tons of enriched uranium we found was enough WMD for me.

NormanPride
2/16/2006, 03:51 PM
Why the hell would the government lie about finding wmds in Iraq? I mean... that's the reason we went. If we found them, then it would legitimize why we went, and maybe people around the world wouldn't hate us as much.

....Wait, what am I saying. Of course they'd still hate us. We're AMERICA. **** them. :D

OklahomaTuba
2/16/2006, 03:55 PM
Why did we just find out a few weeks ago about AQ's plan to fly a plane into the largest building in LA in 2002? Bush could have used this in his election but he didn't.

Who knows. I think the guessing game is all part of the war.

mdklatt
2/16/2006, 03:55 PM
Why the hell would the government lie about finding wmds in Iraq? I mean... that's the reason we went. If we found them, then it would legitimize why we went, and maybe people around the world wouldn't hate us as much.

I don't know why they'd want to keep that a secret, but I don't rule the possibilty out. We're not going to know the full story of this war for another 20-30 years.

mdklatt
2/16/2006, 03:57 PM
Why did we just find out a few weeks ago about AQ's plan to fly a plane into the largest building in LA in 2002? Bush could have used this in his election but he didn't.

That was made public a few years ago--not too long after it was supposed to happen, I think. Bush only talked about it recently to gain support for warrantless wiretaps, even though there was no information given that warrantless wiretaps were used to foil the plot. :confused:

OklahomaTuba
2/16/2006, 04:07 PM
That was made public a few years ago--not too long after it was supposed to happen, I think. Bush only talked about it recently to gain support for warrantless wiretaps, even though there was no information given that warrantless wiretaps were used to foil the plot. :confused:

Actually, It was just recently declassified from what I understand.

The rumor has been around awhile though.

And it really didn't have as much to do with the wiretapping as it did the methods we are using to extract information from enemy combatants.

The methods that the left wants us to quit using of course.

mdklatt
2/16/2006, 04:19 PM
Actually, It was just recently declassified from what I understand.

I think the specific details were just declassified, but I'm pretty sure the existence of the plot was publicized before.

OklahomaTuba
2/16/2006, 05:01 PM
Ahh, gotcha. Thats probably it.

Widescreen
2/16/2006, 05:57 PM
The fact is that the first gulf war never ended. Saddam did not abide by the cease fire agreement therefore ending the cease fire. Let's say the Japanese signed the papers on the battleship and then a year later started terrorizing the Chinese coast again. Would we have run off to the UN asking for resolutions punishing Japan with irrelevant sanctions? No, we would've gone in and kicked their ***. With Iraq, for whatever reason, it took us 12 years and 19 broken UN resolutions to get around to it. And even then the UN wanted to discuss it some more. Pussies.

Vaevictis
2/16/2006, 06:08 PM

Haven't we had almost three years (post invasion) to find out where the weapons are?

Didn't we have like, a year in advance to locate those weapons and keep a fricking eye on them? Didn't we have like, awesome unbelievable ninja intelligence about their existance and locations? These ninjas were apparently so awesome and unbelievable that the veracity and accuracy of the intelligence could not POSSIBLY be questioned.

If so, shouldn't we have had like, awesome unbelievable ninja intelligence keeping track of where the fricking WMD were, so that when we did invade, we were able to secure them?

There's no kool-aid in the fact that the primary justification for the invasion was that we needed to secure Saddam's supposed WMD, and that we totally, utterly, without any doubt, failed to do so. Mission: Failure.

... and what we've got to show for it is a very very expensive, very very dangerous Humpty-Dumpty to put back together again.

Cost to date is what, $240 billion, >2000 military dead, and 16,000 military wounded. All for a mission whose primary goal has never been achieved.

You think that's really ACCEPTABLE? If you're going to **** away all international support for our policies, a quarter of a TRILLION dollars (to date!), and most importantly, 2000 American soldier's lives... then you better be goddamn right about the intel, and you better goddamn well achieve the goal of securing the WMD, so we don't have to repeat the process all over again in the next country over. And you say *I* am the one drinking the kool-aid.

Harry Beanbag
2/16/2006, 06:31 PM
And you say *I* am the one drinking the kool-aid.

Yes.

Vaevictis
2/16/2006, 06:33 PM
Yes.

More fool you. When one of my employees spends that kind of capital, I expect better results.