PDA

View Full Version : There is no effin way OU should lose to Colorado.

Big Red Ron
2/16/2006, 12:41 AM
I hope the boy's pull their season out of the crapper. My emotional investment is officially over.

I feel like a Kansas State fan.

birddog
2/16/2006, 01:42 AM
No shiat. Talk about an emotional rollercoaster. You just don't know what the hell you're gonna get from one game to the next. Same old thing come tourney time too. Get used to it.

Big Red Ron
2/16/2006, 02:41 AM
Kelvin basketball teams are like a box of chocolats, except you pretty much know what you're gonna get.

Collier11
2/16/2006, 02:51 AM
Lets take the shades off guys and realize that colorado is actually a pretty good team this year, unfortunately we cant win em all

MojoRisen
2/16/2006, 08:06 AM
Lets take the shades off guys and realize that colorado is actually a pretty good team this year, unfortunately we cant win em all

Real view on this is that we have only one quality win. This was against a rival on our own court- and could be like a KSU OU upset when we play at their house ranked number 1 and loose to a team 16-10.

Nova- loss
WV- loss
Kansas- Loss
Colorado- Loss

Texas - Win home game

Nebraska- Top 50? Loss
Mizzou- Top 50? Loss

That is one win over top 25 teams this year- to me I just don't think we are that good- I am glad we are not 7-2 and dissapointed because we thought we were the best team in the big 12 and going to the final 4.

I like our players though and will chear for them....

SeattleOUstudent
2/16/2006, 08:29 AM
THe performance was so bad, I had to turn the channel. When that didnt work, I went out and bought....a bottle. :(

Boomer.....
2/16/2006, 09:07 AM
Neal had a night and day performance. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in the second half, while he was banking in 3's from NBA range in the first half.

It's not all his fault though, the team just fell apart and the Buff's couldn't miss. Damn you Robe!

GDC
2/16/2006, 09:09 AM
Hey, pitchers and catchers are reporting, aren't they?

Pricetag
2/16/2006, 10:30 AM
Had we won last night, I would have thought we were getting close to what we thought we were going to have before the season started.

We just got outworked last night. They wanted it more, and the rebounding stats prove that.

We've come a long way from losing to chumps like Nebraska and Misery, but we're still not there yet.

That being said, I think this can be a very exciting team because, like the announcers said, we have so many people who can score.

MojoRisen
2/16/2006, 10:41 AM
Yeah- how come we don't? I see a team with lack of confidence, I think it is being worked on, Neal is a big boost for his outside shooting- he is a solid player. Carter showed signs of aggression not passive- which must be comming out of practice- Everette was point guard again and was very shaky with the ball- truely that is not his position of choice.

Bookout played his worst game of the year- broken wrist and bandages it was a matter of time before that showed- griff played good- had a couple bad fouls there at the end on a back screen.

I think conditioning may have been a factor/altitude and us running the court way more than ussual.

I still believe we are exciting- any given day we can beat a good team, and loose to a bad one.

I still think a Western Kentucky level team with chemistry and passing abilities would work us over in the Tourney- kinda like a smaller version of West Virginia - who actually has a motion offense that is more complex than the 9th grade version we run.

Any way Piece out on another 20 win season in the works! With 1 quality win! How is that possible

King Crimson
2/16/2006, 10:53 AM
Colorado is a much better team than Missouri or Nebraska--

this loss is far from the end of the world. disappointing, yes. but, they had everything to play for--a NCAA tournament caliber win to get on/off the bubble, Patton is up for a contract extension and has 8 seniors who know if he doesn't make the tournament he is likely out.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/16/2006, 10:58 AM

this loss is far from the end of the world. disappointing, yes. but, they had everything to play for--a NCAA tournament caliber win to get on/off the bubble, Patton is up for a contract extension and has 8 seniors who know if he doesn't make the tournament he is likely out.

Ditto.

MojoRisen
2/16/2006, 11:00 AM

It isn't the end of the world by any stretch- but I stated facts I believe.

I hope for the best because I am a fan- and like our players but if we are a top 20 team maybe... Then that is what we are and the teams that have to earn a bid to the NCAA- well then you are saying they are more motivated.

That spells early exit...

OKC-SLC
2/16/2006, 11:18 AM
are we any better than we were five years ago? i don't think so. We have what is billed to be an animal in Taj Gray, and he simply doesn't get enough touches and piddles around with it when he does. A turnover factory for a point guard and a trio of guys who think they are a three-point bomber. When the threes go in, the defense frees Taj up a bit and TE doesn't have to force passes/TOs. When threes don't fall, we lose to crappy teams. Don't tell me how good colorado is. I don't care if they are a top 25 team and it was at their place--we should be at a point where we win that game, and we aren't. Again.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/16/2006, 11:21 AM
At this point the primary difference between where we sit this year and at this time last year is that we played KU and Colo on the road. No way to prove it but I think we win last night's game if it was at LNC. KU we certainly win at home or on a neutral court. That certainly doesn't excuse the blown leads at Neb and at KU and the especially losing at home to freaking MU but Colo probably would have beaten a lot of top 25 teams last night.

Even after last nights game I feel a lot better about this team then I did a month ago.

birddog
2/16/2006, 11:27 AM
Me too. I'll feel worse next week. Better the week after. Worse. Better.......Worse after we go 3-16 from 3 land and get ousted by a team with no player over 6'6 in the tourney.

MojoRisen
2/16/2006, 11:45 AM
I think we all agree, we are way better than a month ago, and are still inconsistant for what we believe we are. The facts are we are 16-6 with one quality win.

We have looked pitiful in 75% of our games if not more. We played a very easy schedule- OSU is in Limbo, That does not count as a quality win- they are barely 500.

Truth being told aside from the Texas Game- who here thinks we are really a top 25 team even.

I remember the Tulsa teams that were ranked around 20th with Shea Seals and the boys- we would have been spanked by them-

OKC-SLC
2/16/2006, 11:49 AM
I think we all agree, we are PROBABLY better than a month ago ...
fixed.

oumartin
2/16/2006, 12:12 PM
I'm not gonna post in this thread

NormanPride
2/16/2006, 12:16 PM
Disappointing loss. We're better than that, and completely blew it. No focus on D is what killed us. If you had said that we scored over 70 on the road with Neal hitting lights out in the first half, I'd say we win, no problem.

But our D is what killed us. Godbold had a terrible night defensively. Taj was communicating poorly down in the post, and had another mediocre night offensively (can we officially make that a "standard" night now?). Bookout was crap, and a liability when he was on the court. I don't know if the pain was getting to him or what, but the few minutes that Griffin was on the court he looked 10x better than BOTH post players.

Also, give credit to CU. They played amazing! Lights out shooting, great movement without the ball, great defense, and they finally hit free throws. The team we played was a LOT better than their ranking, and probably could have taken it to a number of top 15 teams that night.

I don't want to blow sunshine up anyone's ***, though. This loss sucked and we should have had the mental focus to win. I really think this one is on the kids, and not Kelvin.

CincySooner
2/16/2006, 12:18 PM
meh... Im not so much disappointed that we lost to CU, but what gets me is letting every single team we play back into the game. If we could hold a lead just ONCE on the road, that would be nifty.

snp
2/16/2006, 01:01 PM
CU played an incredible game. They deserved to win.

Not the end of the world.

MojoRisen
2/16/2006, 01:09 PM
Well- that is fine, there is a lot of psych that goes into handling a team we can beat on the ROAD.... Enough said but still we haven't beaten anyone this year with the exception of Texas.

Last years team was better than this years.... My opinion but I really feel that way objectively- and mostly because we go in the crapper with/out a legit point gaurd.

soonervegas
2/16/2006, 02:34 PM
Stop yer bitchin.

Kelvin gets the most out of his players.

20 win seasons
2nd round tourney exits.

Who do we think we are.......Texas?

OUstud
2/16/2006, 06:48 PM
The answer to our problems: bench Bookout. He's not healthy. That's why he's struggling, his damn arm is broken. Start Griffin in his place and go from there.

S.P.s, not a slam on Bookout, he's just hurt.

CtheB
2/17/2006, 08:33 AM
Well, we had Colorado "leaning" at 52-47 about 15 minutes left in the game, with the ball. Momentum all our way, and what do we do? We cross mid court and let TE dribble 25 seconds of the play clock and then he loses it out of bounds. CU comes down, Roby nails a three and gets fouled. 52-51. Momentum gone.

No killer instinct. Don't know if its the players or the coach. All I know is that the same scenario has been played out in past years with different players.

Big Red Ron
2/17/2006, 09:10 AM
No killer instinct. Don't know if its the players or the coach. All I know is that the same scenario has been played out in past years with different players.yep

Soonerborn03
2/17/2006, 10:48 AM
The answer to our problems: bench Bookout. He's not healthy. That's why he's struggling, his damn arm is broken.Bookout has been playing fine, regardless of the fact that his HAND is broken. He did have a bad game against CU though. But even if we do sit him, that's not an injury that's going to heal from a couple of games off. And we're hurting enough from having to bench starters for being injured. Having AJ riding the pine is hurting this team enough at the moment.