PDA

View Full Version : Here we (probably) go again!

SoonerStormchaser
2/15/2006, 11:18 PM
10-1 CU run in the past 5 minutes...

I'm not advocating Sampson's ouster...but for the love of God...enough's enough. Can't he at least hire an assistant to coach the team on HOW TO PROTECT LEADS??

OUmillenium
2/16/2006, 12:13 PM
10-1 CU run in the past 5 minutes...

I'm not advocating Sampson's ouster...but for the love of God...enough's enough. Can't he at least hire an assistant to coach the team on HOW TO PROTECT LEADS??

The Kelvin Drought strikes again!

colleyvillesooner
2/16/2006, 12:16 PM
<sigh>

The only here we go again about that game is threads like this.

We got outplayed. They wanted it more. They didn't miss from the FT line or late threes. It happens. Yes they're have been leads blown, but this wasn't one of them. Two 8 point leads in the first half is nothing.

As someone else said, put this one of the kids, not Kelvin.

SeattleOUstudent
2/16/2006, 12:25 PM
With all due respect, when does Kelvin become responsible for losses?

Dont get me wrong, Im usually a pumper, but I dont know how much more I can emtionally invest in this team.

NormanPride
2/16/2006, 12:28 PM
I'd say Kelvin becomes responsible when we look unprepared. This wasn't one of those nights. We led at the half and were doing okay. The kids choked it on this one and lost focus. It happens. Unfortunately, it happens a lot to this team because we don't have a real on-court leader.

colleyvillesooner
2/16/2006, 12:29 PM
I'd say Kelvin becomes responsible when we look unprepared. This wasn't one of those nights. We led at the half and were doing okay. The kids choked it on this one and lost focus. It happens. Unfortunately, it happens a lot to this team because we don't have a real on-court leader.

Exactly.

colleyvillesooner
2/16/2006, 12:31 PM

Dont get me wrong, Im usually a pumper, but I dont know how much more I can emtionally invest in this team.

As long as I'm a sooner fan, I'll continue to invest emotionally in this team and any other sooner sport I follow. If you're not emotionally invested, where's the fun when they win? Plus, it's not like people are "emotionally investing" in this team and when they lose are inconsolable. It's just basketball. It's not football :D

Taxman71
2/16/2006, 12:45 PM

Actually, I thought this team looked unprepared on defense. We gave up layups the entire first half and never figured out their offensive scheme in the second half. It has been a long time since I have seen that many wide-open shooters against OU. Our guys looked totally confused in the paint on the defensive end last night.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/16/2006, 12:50 PM
I have to go with Norman and Colleyville here. Colo did not win last night's game because Ricardo Patton outcoached KS. There are certainly some losses you can look too and point your head but some of this "here we go again" atttitude is silly. If you mean here we go again like we might win the conference tourney title for the 4th time in 6 years then I get you.

Find me the list of teams in the Big 12 or anywhere for that matter in the last 5-6 years that
1. hasnb't had a sub-.500 season in their conferece,
2. hasn't had 1 or more NCAA tourney losses to a team like Bucknell,Vermont,etc
3. advanced past the Sweet 16 more than once
4. have at least one conference regular season co-title and multiple conference tourney championships

Duke
UConn
Michigan St

anyone else?

I want a national championship like everyone else but there is a place somewhere between being the Champs and being "the suck". We are much closer to the former.

NormanPride
2/16/2006, 12:52 PM
Actually, I thought this team looked unprepared on defense. We gave up layups the entire first half and never figured out their offensive scheme in the second half. It has been a long time since I have seen that many wide-open shooters against OU. Our guys looked totally confused in the paint on the defensive end last night.

CU was holding all night down in the post, and we couldn't get free... Also, perimiter D has been a weak spot all year. I honestly just think we didn't communicate. We were running a standard zone, but frequently got caught double-teaming when we didn't need to, or someone would forget their zone... That's what I mean by lack of focus. Even the announcers picked up on it, really. They mentioned that people weren't talking on D.

colleyvillesooner
2/16/2006, 12:57 PM
CU was holding all night down in the post, and we couldn't get free... Also, perimiter D has been a weak spot all year. I honestly just think we didn't communicate. We were running a standard zone, but frequently got caught double-teaming when we didn't need to, or someone would forget their zone... That's what I mean by lack of focus. Even the announcers picked up on it, really. They mentioned that people weren't talking on D.

And they noted that Kelvin was yelling at them to talk to each other. After one of the mistakes, Taj let his guy peel off and dunk. KS called an immediate timeout and ripped him a new one.

IronSooner
2/16/2006, 03:13 PM
I want a national championship like everyone else but there is a place somewhere between being the Champs and being "the suck".

That is exactly where OU BBall lives. I'm not calling for anyone's ouster, but I don't see us being a dominant top-5 team while kelvin's here. We'll always be fairly good and ranked in the teens. At a football school like OU I think most people are willing to live with that.

NormanPride
2/16/2006, 03:13 PM
Why are our guys impossible to coach this year? I understand Griffin and Neal and even Carter screwing up a bit... But Taj has had more mental errors this year than anyone.

colleyvillesooner
2/16/2006, 03:32 PM
Why are our guys impossible to coach this year? I understand Griffin and Neal and even Carter screwing up a bit... But Taj has had more mental errors this year than anyone.

Last year I remember hearing "That's the JC in him, he's just gotta work that out. Looks like it hasn't all left yet. Sometimes he'll have "it", other times not. That leads me to place the blame on him, not KS.

GDC
2/16/2006, 03:37 PM
Gawdalmighty, it's a bunch of kids playing a game, lighten up.

NormanPride
2/16/2006, 04:26 PM
Gawdalmighty, it's a bunch of kids playing a game, lighten up.

Don't get me wrong, gdc, I don't mean to hate on them. It's just frustrating seeing some of these kids "get it" and some not. Taj is one that doesn't seem to have a real high basketball IQ, that's all. I'm just lamenting the fact that all our guys aren't geniuses. ;)

BarryBnds
2/16/2006, 04:45 PM

To answer your question. NEVER. For some on this board he will never be at fault. It's always the refs or the players but never will they ever admit their beloved coach is at fault. Regardless of how many 8 minute scoring droughts we go through it seems in every game. They'll quote you how many times he goes to the tourney and that Billy had a bad final year. But they will never deal with reality.

NormanPride
2/16/2006, 04:50 PM
To answer your question. NEVER. For some on this board he will never be at fault. It's always the refs or the players but never will they ever admit their beloved coach is at fault. Regardless of how many 8 minute scoring droughts we go through it seems in every game. They'll quote you how many times he goes to the tourney and that Billy had a bad final year. But they will never deal with reality.

Dude, everyone goes through scoring droughts. Especially in the NCAAs where the kids aren't all talented. If you watch Duke or UNC or whoever, it happens to all of them.

BarryBnds
2/16/2006, 04:54 PM
Dude, everyone goes through scoring droughts. Especially in the NCAAs where the kids aren't all talented. If you watch Duke or UNC or whoever, it happens to all of them.

Please don't insult yourself by comparing us to Duke or UNC. NO ONE can do a scoring drought like a Kelvin coached team.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/16/2006, 05:46 PM
Please don't insult yourself by comparing us to Duke or UNC. NO ONE can do a scoring drought like a Kelvin coached team.

Dude, in between injections do you ever watch any basketball. Last Monday night against OSU, I watched a team go almost 12 minutes without a field goal and it wasn't Oklahoma, it was the team playing against them.

You still have a perfect record of NEVER saying ANYTHING good about OU. Go troll somewhere else.

colleyvillesooner
2/16/2006, 05:58 PM
Dude, in between injections do you ever watch any basketball. Last Monday night against OSU, I watched a team go almost 12 minutes without a field goal and it wasn't Oklahoma, it was the team playing against them.

You still have a perfect record of NEVER saying ANYTHING good about OU. Go troll somewhere else.

thank you.

Salt City Sooner
2/16/2006, 06:22 PM

'spek.

C&CDean
2/16/2006, 10:10 PM
You know what I hate worse than Kelvin whiners? Barry Bonds, the ballplayer. Know what I hate worse than Barry Bonds, the ballplayer? That's right, the poster named BarryBnds.

How about sucking down a big ol' swaggle of STFU?

BarryBnds
2/17/2006, 03:25 AM
You know what I hate worse than Kelvin whiners? Barry Bonds, the ballplayer. Know what I hate worse than Barry Bonds, the ballplayer? That's right, the poster named BarryBnds.

How about sucking down a big ol' swaggle of STFU?

I think you got a little bit of Kelvin on your blue dress. Funny how you all take out your frustrations out on me when YOUR coach underperforms.

NormanPride
2/17/2006, 11:39 AM
I think you got a little bit of Kelvin on your blue dress. Funny how you all take out your frustrations out on me when YOUR coach underperforms.

Go inject some rhoids, troll.