PDA

View Full Version : OSU Press Conference with Eddie Sutton at 9pm

OUTromBoNado
2/15/2006, 08:55 PM
FOX23 in Tulsa is reporting that OSU has going to hold a press conference at 9pm tonight, and Eddie Sutton will be there.

I'm about 80% sure it's going to be a retirement announcement. If it is, it's a shame Eddie's going out like this. Good luck and best wishes with whatever happens from here.

OU-HSV
2/15/2006, 09:05 PM
Wonder if they'll be carrying this on ESPN News channel?

oumartin
2/15/2006, 09:27 PM
no, but you can get live feed from the Jack Daniels Channel

AllAboutThe'O'
2/15/2006, 09:42 PM
orangepower.com is reporting that the press conference is scheduled for 9:30 p.m.

Newbomb Turk
2/15/2006, 10:23 PM
I'm about 80% sure it's going to be a retirement announcement. If it is, it's a shame Eddie's going out like this.

ESPN is reporting he will resign.

The Consumate Showman
2/15/2006, 10:25 PM
6-8 weeks for a BAC test my azz.....

You know what happens in 6-8 weeks, right guys? Basketball season is OVAR! My friend got a DUI wihtout a breathilizer. They took his blood and in a few days that BAC test was back.

Bye-Bye Eddie.....Hello Sean and the end of oSwho Basketball for the next ___ years. You fill in the blank......

OUTromBoNado
2/15/2006, 10:26 PM
Good luck with your retirement, Eddie. Hopefully, this will allow time for all of his ailments to heal.

Newbomb Turk
2/15/2006, 10:27 PM
I kind of feel bad for Eddie...not so much for osu and their fans though.

oumartin
2/15/2006, 10:29 PM
I do too. Eddie shouldn't have to go out like this. But he made the choice.

We've all made bad choices and there are consequences. Same here.

Sean will have them at the bottom of the big 12 in short order

OklahomaTrombone
2/15/2006, 10:31 PM
Written statements succ.

oumartin
2/15/2006, 10:32 PM
um.. Couldn't he just retire? That would look better

OklahomaTrombone
2/15/2006, 10:33 PM
WOW

Rhino
2/15/2006, 10:33 PM
Oh man, it was alcohol.

Dang.

Newbomb Turk
2/15/2006, 10:34 PM
Kind of shocked by that.

TopDawg
2/15/2006, 10:35 PM
yowzers

JohnnyMack
2/15/2006, 10:35 PM
wow.

Octavian
2/15/2006, 10:36 PM
too bad...always respected Eddie, hope he's ok

Newbomb Turk
2/15/2006, 10:36 PM
I hope the best for the guy.

oumartin
2/15/2006, 10:37 PM
Anybody got a membership to the sheep humpers site?

tulsaoilerfan
2/15/2006, 10:38 PM
All the best to Eddie, and i hope he recovers; let's all show some class here and it's a damn shame this had to happen.

John

The Consumate Showman
2/15/2006, 10:39 PM
Purely a damage control conference......Eddie headed it off at the pass.....

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
I hate osux more than I hate texass, but I wish eddie the best. Kudos for coming out with it.

Skysooner
He drank and drove with alcohol and pain killers. This is sad, but he is damn lucky he didn't kill anyone. Sympathy, yes. Understanding, no way.

OklahomaTrombone
2/15/2006, 10:41 PM
Wait...so....um.....at the end....ummm......they said it wasn't a retirement?

The Consumate Showman
2/15/2006, 10:46 PM
Wait...so....um.....at the end....ummm......they said it wasn't a retirement?

That's what I wondered. I guess it's because they said all of the wins and losses for the rest of the year will go on Eddie's record......

OUTromBoNado
2/15/2006, 10:47 PM
I guess it was just a conference for what the situation is, where it stands now, and to put aside speculation as to what he did that caused the accident.

As for job status, who knows.

oumartin
2/15/2006, 10:48 PM
so, did he or did he not. resign, retire, get fired?

BoomerSoonhauer
2/15/2006, 10:50 PM
I thought I saw the word "resignation" at the bottom of the screen . . . ESPN spin? or is that what it was.

Good that he admitted it, sucks that he waited this long, how long has this kind of stuff been going on and who else knew????

Get better old man.

OklahomaTrombone
2/15/2006, 10:51 PM
From his statement it sounds like he wants to resign. But schmidtytutytyt won't let him.

OUTromBoNado
2/15/2006, 10:52 PM
Yeah, it sounds like he wants to resign, but Pres. Schmidty wants him to take more time to think about it, get well, and make a decision that's not based on impulse.

reevie
2/15/2006, 10:55 PM
Yeah, it sounds like he wants to resign, but Pres. Schmidty wants him to take more time to think about it, get well, and make a decision that's not based on impulse.

Think Schmidty is afraid to actually let Sean coach the team?

BoomerSoonhauer
2/15/2006, 10:56 PM
I'm not sure if I'm giving props or what here . . . but doesn't it seem like that team hadn't been "coached" by the Eddie Sutton whose signature is on the floor in the basketball barn over there for quite a while anyway? God Bless em , they are kind of awful.

oumartin
2/15/2006, 11:00 PM
I'll tell you this. its been obvious the last three games Eddie hasn't been coach..

They already realize Sean cannot coach

walkoffsooner
2/15/2006, 11:02 PM
I hope he recovers.I think he is still drunk he said sean could be a better coach than he ever was.

GDC
2/15/2006, 11:03 PM
I bet Jamal Brown wishes he had gone to OU.

OklahomaTrombone
2/15/2006, 11:13 PM
So now its not resignation...just an explanation. Probably means that the results of the blood test will be coming out soon.

Jimminy Crimson
2/15/2006, 11:14 PM
Spek to :eddie: for having the stones to come out and say he was hitting the bottle. Gotta be hard to do, but it was the right thing.

So now the question is, what 'fruity' liquor was it?

walkoffsooner
2/15/2006, 11:16 PM
Barry JR. Said blood test will be out Friday

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/16/2006, 12:16 AM
I bet Jamal Brown wishes he had gone to OU.I thought he play football for us:confused: ;)

Jimminy Crimson
2/16/2006, 12:19 AM
I thought I saw the word "resignation" at the bottom of the screen . . . ESPN spin? or is that what it was.

That's what Douggie Gotweed's source told him.

Crimsontothecore
2/16/2006, 12:37 AM
Enough of the love fest for this drunken bum! He only admitted what he knew would be public knowledge in a day or so anyway. It sickens me to see the bleeding hearts over this sot. I suppose some of you actually believe he hasn't taken a drink prior to last friday. PUHLEASE! Thank GOD his name isn't plastered across the floor at LNC. I guess Sampson's phone calls don't look so bad now.

OU-HSV
2/16/2006, 08:17 AM
....So now the question is, what 'fruity' liquor was it?
Probably Boones (wrapped in a paper bag)...or wine coolers..heh

GDC
2/16/2006, 08:46 AM
I thought he play football for us:confused: ;)

I meant the point guard, I think that's his name.

Mjcpr
2/16/2006, 09:43 AM
They kept saying on the news here that he was now 'officially on medical leave' so from that I would say he didn't resign, retire or anything else. He just put out the information that would have soon become public anyway....probably prior to the weekend.

Also, everyone was worried if it was going to be pills or booze that was the cause of the DUI. Well, everyone was wrong.......it was BOTH!! :eek: I didn't really see that one coming. I think it could only have been worse if he had been beating a baby while he was driving down the road.

That said, I've always liked Eddie for some reason. I hate OSU and I've pretty much hated every coach they've ever had, but I like him. Always seemd gracious in both victory and defeat. So here's hoping he gets help and is able to move on.

Does anyone doubt there will be a huge lawsuit coming from the lady he hit?

Jimminy Crimson
2/16/2006, 09:51 AM
There are some real conspiracy theorists going wild over at the orange sites. Hilarious, really.

Here's a gem I found:

Im thinking that fall that happened at GIA gave him a concusion and the wreck was a result of the concusion and not any meds.

Also starting to think that teresa barnerd the traiolr trash lady got into some road rage which might have started the altercation. Why would she speed up over 60mph in a 45 mph zone to pass a car that was "all over the road".

That's just a small taste.

They're also saying the first 9-1-1 caller was an off duty campus cop. :confused:

Mjcpr
2/16/2006, 10:03 AM
There are some real conspiracy theorists going wild over at the orange sites. Hilarious, really.

Here's a gem I found:

You know, I hadn't thought of that scenario. :rolleyes:

critical_phil
2/16/2006, 10:09 AM
They're also saying the first 9-1-1 caller was an off duty campus cop. :confused:

Mr. Discreet?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/16/2006, 10:12 AM
I love it. Pokes calling someone "trailer trash."

That's rich.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/16/2006, 10:13 AM
Mr. Discreet?I think that caller was someone with the program, maybe like a manager or something. I also think that is who saw him fall. But they were afraid to say much because they might lose their position as team waterboy or whatever.

Or maybe it was Sean Sutton.

Jimminy Crimson
2/16/2006, 10:16 AM
I'm thinking he maybe had a manager or trainer go buy him 'a bottle'.

You'd think if he did it himself, someone would come forward saying they saw him at XYZ Liquor or that they sold it to him.

Maybe it was a chick he was having an affair with that bought it for him or maybe his secretary? Or better yet, Seany boy!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/16/2006, 10:20 AM
I'm thinking he maybe had a manager or trainer go buy him 'a bottle'.

You'd think if he did it himself, someone would come forward saying they saw him at XYZ Liquor or that they sold it to him.

Maybe he bought gin. It is good for arthritis.

Jimminy Crimson
2/16/2006, 10:22 AM
Maybe he bought gin. It is good for arthritis.

Yeah, and Midori is good for back pain. :eddie:

Pricetag
2/16/2006, 10:25 AM
Enough of the love fest for this drunken bum! He only admitted what he knew would be public knowledge in a day or so anyway. It sickens me to see the bleeding hearts over this sot.
I'm inclined to agree with you here. As much as I hate OSU, I find Eddie Sutton to be a very likeable guy.

However, do we feel sorry for Joe Blow who sits at the bar and has a few too many and then gets out on the road and gets a DUI? Heck no. He's a scumbag. It is hypocritical, then, for us to feel sorry for Eddie or view this as some kind of tragedy just because this time, it's a person that we know and happen to like.

ousoonerfan
2/23/2006, 04:27 PM
That whole press conference still bothers me. I'm in the middle of an OU game and the damn pokies decide to throw a press conference to tell us that E. Sutton is a drunk. Those damn aggys have short man syndrome to the extreme. Why couldn't they hold their precious love fest for the drunk in the afternoon when NO COLLEGE BASKETBALL GAMES WERE BEING PLAYED. I feel sorry for the man and the decision he made to get behind the wheel. But I have absolutely no respect the aggy admin. Their new slogan is "The State's University" Puh-leeze! Sorry about the rant, but I can't takes no mo!!!!!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/24/2006, 01:26 AM
[QUOTE=Pricetag]I'm inclined to agree with you here. As much as I hate OSU, I find Eddie Sutton to be a very likeable guy.:eddie: Interesting. I've never read Sutton referred to before as "likeable", esp. on a Sooner message board. He always has that angry scowl on his face at games, which is enough for me to dislike him(added to the fact that he is an actual aggy).

SoonerDood
2/24/2006, 06:16 PM
[QUOTE]
Also, everyone was worried if it was going to be pills or booze that was the cause of the DUI. Well, everyone was wrong.......it was BOTH!! :eek: I didn't really see that one coming. I think it could only have been worse if he had been beating a baby while he was driving down the road.
[QUOTE]
I heard they didn't find any trace of the medication, only .22 worth of booze.

Jimminy Crimson
2/24/2006, 09:55 PM
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/1888/eddiejersey5qf.th.png (http://img48.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eddiejersey5qf.png)

critical_phil
2/25/2006, 09:39 AM
you are not funny mr. jimminy christmas. this unfortunate incident that's happened to the sutton family shouldn't be laughed at.

shame on you......